• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is going to Sundays game

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up fellas. So I got tickets to my first every playoff game. Granted theya re in the 300 section, but they are seats.

Who is going to the game
Is BART the best transit option

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is BART the best transit option

It really depends on where you live. It's a horrible option if you live in Palo Alto.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a guy who lives in Sac, and he either :
- drives to SF
- drives to Vallejo and takes the ferry directly to the park
- takes the train from Sac to Richmond, then switches to BART
- drives to Pleasant Hill or Orinda (I-80 to I-680 to 24) and takes BART

it depends on traffic. He likes all of the public transportation options. The ferry trip will be COLD on the way home after a 6:30PM game start. He likes the Amtrak option when he plans on getting SMASHED at the game; 2-3 hours to sober up before having to drive (that probably also won't work for a night game)

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a guy who lives in Sac, and he either :
- drives to SF
- drives to Vallejo and takes the ferry directly to the park
- takes the train from Sac to Richmond, then switches to BART
- drives to Pleasant Hill or Orinda (I-80 to I-680 to 24) and takes BART

it depends on traffic. He likes all of the public transportation options. The ferry trip will be COLD on the way home after a 6:30PM game start. He likes the Amtrak option when he plans on getting SMASHED at the game; 2-3 hours to sober up before having to drive (that probably also won't work for a night game)

ok thanks. I'm 18 and my dad doesn't drink so there will be no getting drunk problems haha.

We were thinking about driving to SF but with the parades, concerts, 49ers game plus gas shooting up to $5.20 there. I'll look into the ferry and the BART from PH or Orinda

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok thanks. I'm 18 and my dad doesn't drink so there will be no getting drunk problems haha.

We were thinking about driving to SF but with the parades, concerts, 49ers game plus gas shooting up to $5.20 there. I'll look into the ferry and the BART from PH or Orinda

Besides the gas cost:
- $5 to drive across the Bay bridge
- (at least) $30 for the parking lot space
- time lost sitting in your car moving at 2 mph in the "maze" leading to the bridge: priceless.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be a fucking nightmare in SF this weekend. You've got:

Fleet Week
Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
Giants playoffs
Niners home game Sunday
America's Cup

This is why smart people are spending it in Costa Rica....

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It turns out that Pleasant Hill and Walnut Creek have multi-level parking structures (probably easier to find a spot), whereas Lafayette & Orinda just have surface-level parking (probably less than 200 spaces, but I'm guessing).

I'm pretty sure that the daily parking fee is only required Mon-Fri and is waived on weekends, so the parking *should* be free (check out the signs at the station you park at!).

Get out at the Montgomery station and walk down 2nd or 3rd streets to get to the park. They were *talking* about switching over all public transit fees to "Clipper" card. I know that just about all the pubtrans agencies *accept* it, but I don't know yet if BART *requires* it (probably not). SF MUNI *does* require it. You should think about getting one (if you can easily) for future trips to SF (or Oakland, or SJ, or San Mateo, or Contra Costa, or CalTrain - since they all use it.)

https://www.clippercard.com/ClipperWeb/index.do

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UPDATE: Going with dads friend in one car. We will now be driving so we can tailgate. Traffic will be MURDER but the game will be fun