• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Fans

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sneak Peek: Sensation: The Story of the Who’s Tommy | PREMIERES April 17 | AXS TV

I have been a long time Who fan and I personally feel Tommy is the best album ever written. The first real rock opera, while not well received by some as an opera, it was equally well received by others. Axs TV is running a special on the album sort of a how it all came about special. Well worth the watch if your a Who fan and worth a try if you are unfamiliar with this special album.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Who fan but they've always been a mixed bag for me. When they're good, they're as good as rock & roll gets and they were good a lot. But some of Townsends experimental stuff I really don't care for. So Tommy has always been a lot like that for me. I'll watch for sure, though.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Who fan but they've always been a mixed bag for me. When they're good, they're as good as rock & roll gets and they were good a lot. But some of Townsends experimental stuff I really don't care for. So Tommy has always been a lot like that for me. I'll watch for sure, though.
IMO It's an album you have to listen to a lot the more you listen the more you learn. Example Tommy isn't Deaf Dumb and Blind, The Acid Queen is a whore that takes his virginity, he didn't see the death of his father directly but the reflection of the death in the mirror. It's an album that requires patience and a willingness to process it. I love it