• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who do you want in the 1st round?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had your choice (and be as realistic as possible), who would you want to play in the first round of the playoffs?

Who would you be afraid of playing?

For me, I'd prefer to play the Phoenix first (we just seem to have their number), Kings second (poor guys are just decimated by injuries, if they had Kopi and Williams, no way would I want to), and Nashville third (they're due to beat us in the playoffs one of these years.....like everybody else does, lol and Weber is a beast).

The two teams that frighten me the most are Chicago first and Anaheim second. I think the Sharks would still beat Anaheim (but I thought that in 2009 too, lol), but they just play so dirty even if the Sharks did win the round, they might lose some assets too to injury.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Nashville. Detroit seemed extra-motivated to beat them last time the two played.

Anaheim is also down on the list due to the reason you just listed - they're dirty sons-of-bitches and are likely to injure and wear down a team for the next round.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who I want the Flyers to play:
Islanders

Who I don't want the Flyers to play:
Capitals
Bruins
Penguins
Lightning
Canadiens
Sabres
Rangers
Hurricanes
Maple Leafs

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I'd feel confident whoever we play.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee what a shock. Sorry I don't think winning the Stanley Cup is going to be that easy.:D

Well, the Islanders are pretty much the only team in the East the Flyers can beat consistently. I can't speak for all Flyer fans, but I think we're hoping for the best but expecting the worst next week.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Islanders are pretty much the only team in the East the Flyers can beat consistently. I can't speak for all Flyer fans, but I think we're hoping for the best but expecting the worst next week.

Be thankful the Flyers don't have to play a team like Anaheim or Chicago. At the moment Vancouver & Detroit are looking at a possible 1st round matchup against them. They will be favored & will probably win. However like I've said before neither team will be the same after their series.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I want the Blackhawks if they make it. Why you ask? I want to see how Crawford fares in the playoffs.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhh...hmm. I really do think Tampa isn't a bad match-up for the Pens. Of all the playoff teams I wouldn't mind seeing them. Caps, Flyers, Bruins all would be good series that I'd see going to 6-7 games, but I couldn't begin to tell you in who's favor. The Habs aren't playing their best right now, but I still don't wanna relive last year (although Price is no Halak). The Rags have struggled lately but the Pens haven't played well against them this season. The Sabres are a wild card going in, in my opinion, because of the goalies. Enroth has shown he's the real deal, and The Miller is The Miller. If Carolina manages to sneak in they'll probably be riding a hot streak. Soooo, yeah, Tampa I guess.

dboy97

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Boston there are now really only 4 potential matchups this is the likelyhood of getting any of these teams in the playoffs the way I see it.
Montreal 60%
Buffalo 25%
Rangers 10%
Carolina 5%

Montreal scares me the way they always seem to play against Boston
Rangers also the way Lundqvist plays when he sees the spoked B
Buffalo has played Boston well this year and of course they have the Miller so a definate challenge
Carolina To me they just don't have it but they will be hot if they make it in. I just think they will be dog tired for putting so much effort just to get there.

800 posts!

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at this point, i don't give a fuck. just want the playoffs to fuckin start already. but if i had to choose...

ducks or preds. both bring out the best in the wings and i wanna see both teams fuckin CRUSHED.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Boston there are now really only 4 potential matchups this is the likelyhood of getting any of these teams in the playoffs the way I see it.
Montreal 60%
Buffalo 25%
Rangers 10%
Carolina 5%

Montreal scares me the way they always seem to play against Boston
Rangers also the way Lundqvist plays when he sees the spoked B
Buffalo has played Boston well this year and of course they have the Miller so a definate challenge
Carolina To me they just don't have it but they will be hot if they make it in. I just think they will be dog tired for putting so much effort just to get there.

800 posts!

Montreal is spent, I'd like them or Carolina as you stated. Rangers have our number, as does Buffalo this year. Hopefully we can squash the Rags tonight, in case we do face them in the first round. Looks like its gonna be the Habs though. Going in to the postseason I'm not too scared of them as I was a couple weeks ago.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering how the Season was going for the Sabres, I'm just happy to see them in the Playoffs at all.

Everything from this point on is just gravy.