• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who do you think will be the best 5 players from this draft 2 years from now?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Jones--The guy is raw technique wise but still was one of the top interior pass rushers in all of college football. He gets with a good DL coach and the sky is the limit for that kid.

Leonte Carroo--I had a fellow poster turn me towards this kid and if he can stay healthy he is the most talent WR in this draft.

Karl Joseph--Maybe the hardest hitting player in this entire draft and really improved his coverage skills before his injury. Somebody is going to get a steal in the 2nd round with this kid.
Chris Jones has some nice moves, I like him, but seems like he's not always giving a 100%. Motivation could be a problem. Never like that in a prospect.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Jones has some nice moves, I like him, but seems like he's not always giving a 100%. Motivation could be a problem. Never like that in a prospect.

I agree but not many DL prospects especially on the inside that this isn't a complaint. They usually play a lot more snaps in a college game where they are in say 80-90% of the snaps where NFL they usually work to get a rotation and have them closer to 60% of the snaps usually. I also think getting them in an NFL work out routine helps them improve the conditioning for most of these prospects. So I am looking at him as a high upside prospect.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoops sorry that was only 3.

I think Connor Cook will be the best QB out of this draft.

RB wise I think Jonathan Williams will be a late round steal that people will be talking about when he rushes for over a thousand yards this upcoming season.
Conner Cook you say, you and 49er sickness both love this guy. Haven't checked QBs out to be honest, because I don't see the need for my Seahawks, other then a back up QB maybe. I'll have to check him out now, just out of curiously.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conner Cook you say, you and 49er sickness both love this guy. Haven't checked QBs out to be honest, because I don't see the need for my Seahawks, other then a back up QB maybe. I'll have to check him out now, just out of curiously.

He is probably the prospect most people are torn on when it comes to QB's. He has some amazing skills and some things that leave you shaking your head.

Positives:

Winner. No other QB in this draft has won more big games than this guy. He has had some come back wins against some very tough opponents.
Pro System. He is also one of the few in this draft that come from a pro system where he is asked to read a defense, play under center, actually go through his progression. Lot less of a leap for him to jump into the NFL.
When he is on he is unstoppable. Some of his throws are just down right impressive fitting it into a spot where a guy is triple covered.
Can make something out of nothing. Knows not to panic when a play breaks down and will stand in the pocket to complete a pass as he is getting hit.
More athleticism than you would expect.

Negatives:
His mechanics are all over the place. He rarely uses his feet to throw the ball leading to major inconsistency.
Never completed over 60% of his passes for any of the seasons he started. He is a streaky passer so some games he looks unstoppable and the next he is bouncing the ball in the ground.
Trusts his arm sometimes too much. Like I said he will sometimes throw into triple coverage when he doesn't need to. Doesn't turn the ball over a lot but in the NFL they will make him pay for such a decision.

I guess what I like is the winner side of him. He is the guy that stays cool under pressure. Those are traits you cannot teach a QB. The mechanics side while worrisome are fixable. I think his throwing ability if he gets with the right coaching staff will surprise some people once he works on his feet and learning to use them to drive the football instead of just using all arm.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaylon Smith would be on my list if he was healthy

Myles Jack
Jalen Ramsey
Chris Jones
Jared Goff
Josh Doctson

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Jones--The guy is raw technique wise but still was one of the top interior pass rushers in all of college football. He gets with a good DL coach and the sky is the limit for that kid.

Karl Joseph--Maybe the hardest hitting player in this entire draft and really improved his coverage skills before his injury. Somebody is going to get a steal in the 2nd round with this kid.
So you're saying that you like my Chiefs mock draft?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laremy Tunsil
Myles Jack
Jalen Ramsey
Deforest Buckner
Andrew Billings

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Billings
I can't put a Baylor player on any list but that guy is insanely strong. He might be a Baylor player to break the trend.

Not sure I like what I see with Connor Cook, though. Usually you want to see improvement from a college QB. I think he Nick Foles.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't put a Baylor player on any list but that guy is insanely strong. He might be a Baylor player to break the trend.

Not sure I like what I see with Connor Cook, though. Usually you want to see improvement from a college QB. I think he Nick Foles.
Billings is an animal. Scary combo of size & power. Surprisingly quick too.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are all guessing of course.

My guess:

1) Ezekiel Elliott
2) Carson Wentz
3) Jalen Ramsey
4) Karl Joseph
5) Keyarris Garrett

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might have to remove Jack over medical concerns. What a shame.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying that you like my Chiefs mock draft?

Oh I did. Chris Jones was the top guy on my board in the 1st round before you took him. Vernon Butler was a nice consolation prize and I am happy with my pick but Jones would have been a home run in my opinion. I honestly see him being a 10 sack a season kind of guy especially with either the Chiefs or Broncos who have so much fire power in the pass rush giving him 1-on-1 opportunities.

Karl Joseph I hadn't looked all that much into before you picked him. I saw him mocked this last week to the Broncos in the 2nd round and thought "maybe I should check this kid out more." I loved what I saw. He has the speed, smarts, and football ability to be a top safety in this league. Without his injury in my opinion he is a top-15 pick. He reminds me so much of Earl Thomas. A bit undersized but just shows up all over the field making plays.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Ezekiel Elliott - best RB prospect since AP, and arguably the most complete RB prospect in decades. Elite runner, good hands, vision, strength, speed, and is the best blocking RB in recent memory.
2. Jalen Ramsey - super-elite defensive back prospect that will be able to play anywhere in the backfield that you want him. Has the speed for outside WRs and quickness for slot guys, and even the size/athleticism for some tight ends
3. Carson Wentz - nothing about this kid scares me. While I don't want Cleveland to draft him (we have much more pressing needs), I wouldn't be upset at all if we did. Size, athleticism, toughness, and mentally he seems to be completely there. Whoever gets him will be very happy for many years.

These last two are based on where they likely will be taken:
4. Tyler Boyd - while he isn't a tower like Calvin Johnson, he has elite ball skills, he's tough, and he's super competitive. He isn't getting mocked until the 3rd day for character concerns, but I think they're overblown. He's going to be a stud.
5. Christian Westerman - IMO, he's a day one starter regardless of where he goes. He is a nasty mauler who will take on anyone, but he isn't dirty. He goes hard to the whistle, even if it means hitting 2 or more guys on the same play. I see a repetitive Pro Bowler.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"An NFL personnel executive who spoke with the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel compared Ole Miss T Laremey Tunsil to Hall of Fame T Walter Jones.

The executive offered the Jones comparable, then tossed another one out there just for good measure. "Good kid. About the same as Tyron Smith. [Tunsil] has a chance to be in a bunch of Pro Bowls." Another scout who spoke with the outlet wants to see a more physical game from the 6-foot-5, 310-pounder, saying, "I didn't see him as dominating because he must get stronger to handle big, physical edge guys in the run game. The Orlando Paces, the Joe Thomases are rare, but that's the definition of a dominating player." Tunsil could be drafted as high as No. 3, by the Chargers, though recent draft machinations by the Rams and Eagles have barred him from his once more/less assumed position as a potential No. 1 pick."- Rotoworld

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go:
Nkemdiche
Elliott
Corey Coleman
Travis Feeney (Husky Homer Pick, but we often put good LB's into the NFL)
Jason Spriggs

Busts:
Wentz
Buckner

Servicable Starter but not worth the value given up:
Goff

EDIT: Want to add a note:

Best QB from this class (which probably means he should be in my Top 5) Dak Prescott