• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who deserve(s)(d) super bowl rings?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
latest

In all seriousness, that was simply the worst Super Bowl ever IMO. Take out the controversy and what not and it was just an awful/boring game. Even tho the Steelers "won", the questionable calls ruined the result for me TBO.

Don't you go insulting big walt now.

IMO

Randy Moss, Megatron, Walter Jones, Steve Largent, Dandy Dan Marino, Dan Fouts, Cris Carter, Larry Fitz, Eric Dickerson, Curtis Martin, Bruce Smith, Jim Kelly, Barry Sanders, Warren Moon, Doug Flutie(correct me if he ever got one with the Pats), Junior Seau

Off the top of my head

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Gruden. I hate him wearing around that monster ring. Your defense is the only reason you have a ring, not your amazing QB whisperer skills!

Speaking of not giving credit.

Gruden got more run out of a mediocre QB in Brad Johnson than anyone else ever could. He turned Rich Gannon from a journeyman QB into an MVP, then broke him down in the Superbowl. Lynch said that Gruden mimicked Gannon and his mannerisms so perfectly that the game was just like practice.

Oh and let's not forget, Dungy could never beat your Eagles, Gruden did (although that's probably a big reason you had him on your list).

I hate the lazy man's football opinion that Gruden did nothing and was along for the ride.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cris Carter, Dan Marino, Dan Foust, Fran Tarkenton, John Randle, Kevin Greene, Warren Moon, Alan Paige, Earl Campbell, Dick Butkus, Eric Dickerson, Deacon Jones, Steve Largent, Tim Brown

Would he have got one as LB coach of the GB packers in 2011?????

The winning team can typically present rings to whomever they choose, including usually, but not limited to: players (active roster or injured), coaches, trainers, executives, personnel, and general staff. Some teams have also been known to give rings to former players and coaches that were on the team at some point during the season, despite not having been on the winning roster for the Super Bowl itself

Super Bowl ring - Wikipedia

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dan marino and Larry Fitzgerald

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.

Had he not pushed his way out in Denver he could have had quite a few by now.

Had he not decided to beat the ever-loving shit out of every woman who crossed his path for 6 years maybe his first couple teams would have been able to build something with him.

Had he not took as much money as he could in deals to play with QB's named Henne and Cutler, and taken less to play with QB's like Brady and Manning, maybe he could have been to some post-seasons.

Amazing talent, but I think his choices have as much to do with his lack of a post-season game as anything.

Agree with this. Brandon Marshall has been his own worst enemy. Marshall is about as talented as it comes at the WR position over his career but the guy is a walking time bomb of when he will lose it again. Kind of reminds me of Terrell Owens a bit of it is hard to deny the talent but he overstays his welcome everywhere he goes. I'm glad Marshall has gotten some help and seems to have some of his issues under control but he was especially a mess in Denver. I do think he takes responsibility for getting his teammate killed and pretty much after that he just completely lost it for a while.

Now I will say I would have loved to have seen him work with Peyton Manning here in Denver. I think those two could have lit the league on fire. In his prime I would rather have Marshall than DT on the field. I love DT but Marshall just seems to catch everything thrown his way and shows up in the biggest moments when you need that big play.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could not agree more. I actually felt for him after Santonio Holmes caught the TD at the end of the Super Bowl because Fitz's TD right before it was an amazing moment that would had been a PERFECT career highlight for him and the Arizona franchise.

Yes it would be. Sadly I don't think he'll ever win one! :tsk:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he needs to demand a trade to Seattle if he wants one.............

but he is all class. Doubt that happens

he won't... Like you said he is all class

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of not giving credit.

Gruden got more run out of a mediocre QB in Brad Johnson than anyone else ever could. He turned Rich Gannon from a journeyman QB into an MVP, then broke him down in the Superbowl. Lynch said that Gruden mimicked Gannon and his mannerisms so perfectly that the game was just like practice.

Oh and let's not forget, Dungy could never beat your Eagles, Gruden did (although that's probably a big reason you had him on your list).

I hate the lazy man's football opinion that Gruden did nothing and was along for the ride.

Yeah I was kinda being humorous there. I've argued with my dad who lives in Tampa that Gruden was great for that team (the cap was not).

I really really really like Gruden. I loved the stories of him running scout team for Tampa before that SB, showing off the sluggo routes and them picking off those exact routes in the game. And he made Hoying and Ty Detmer look like serviceable QB's for my Eagles once upon a time.

He is far and away my favorite football personality on TV and one of my favorite coaches in recent years.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Fitzgerald... He's a pro's pro, a true professional, and one of the greatest WRs to ever play the game. Just imagine what his career could have been like with another (better) team.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who should we take SB rings away from that have them?

Deion One Trick Pony Sanders.

Before there was a LeBron jumping from team to team to win a championship, there was Deion.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Fitzgerald... He's a pro's pro, a true professional, and one of the greatest WRs to ever play the game. Just imagine what his career could have been like with another (better) team.

Absolutely, my girlfriend went to high school with him and he was the same way back then.

Kind of weird that his dad can be such a jerk (local media guy who expects everything to be handed to him), but he's so genuine.

Last edited:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you think of players who haven't won a SB ring or never did in their prime, but based off play and the person they were who comes to mind, that you felt really deserved to win one and never did or hasn't? No matter what team don't hate on your rivals. When I think of my teams rival I think of Tony Gonzalez, great guy, great player.

Tony Gonzalez
Champ Bailey
Brian Dawkins
LaDanian Tomlinson
Barry Sanders
Aeneas Williams
Bruce Matthews
Bruce Smith
Jim Kelly

I gotta run, but add more.

Ladanian Tomlinson couldn't get to a SB with a 14-2 team!
Cried about it afterwards and blamed the Patriots for celebrating
Tomlinson is a whiny, loser, bitch!

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you think of players who haven't won a SB ring or never did in their prime, but based off play and the person they were who comes to mind, that you felt really deserved to win one and never did or hasn't? No matter what team don't hate on your rivals. When I think of my teams rival I think of Tony Gonzalez, great guy, great player.

Tony Gonzalez
Champ Bailey
Brian Dawkins
LaDanian Tomlinson
Barry Sanders
Aeneas Williams
Bruce Matthews
Bruce Smith
Jim Kelly

I gotta run, but add more.
Pretty sure Aeneas Williams won a SB with the Rams.

My choices:

Larry Fitzgerals
Jared
Veldheer
Mike
Iupati
Earl
Watford
D.J. Humphries
Darren Fells
Michael Floyd
John Brown
Carson Palmer
Drew Stanton
David Johnson
Chris Johnson
Andre Ellington

Jermaine Gresham
Calais Campbell
Corey Petere
Frostee Rucker
Rodney Gunter
Josh Mauro
Alex Okafor

Deon Bucannon
Kevin Minter
Markus Golden
Patrick Peterson
Justin Bethel
Tyrann Mathieu

Just to name a few

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Aeneas Williams won a SB with the Rams.

My choices:

Larry Fitzgerals
Jared
Veldheer
Mike
Iupati
Earl
Watford
D.J. Humphries
Darren Fells
Michael Floyd
John Brown
Carson Palmer
Drew Stanton
David Johnson
Chris Johnson
Andre Ellington

Jermaine Gresham
Calais Campbell
Corey Petere
Frostee Rucker
Rodney Gunter
Josh Mauro
Alex Okafor

Deon Bucannon
Kevin Minter
Markus Golden
Patrick Peterson
Justin Bethel
Tyrann Mathieu

Just to name a few

So you are all for the "participation trophy"?????

upload_2016-10-22_11-53-7.png

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ladanian Tomlinson couldn't get to a SB with a 14-2 team!
Cried about it afterwards and blamed the Patriots for celebrating
Tomlinson is a whiny, loser, bitch!

And the Pats didn't win the SB after going 18-0. Oh yeah...Tom Brady's a bitch. fuck meeeechegan! (and anyone that played in ann arbor)

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Pats didn't win the SB after going 18-0. Oh yeah...Tom Brady's a bitch. fuck meeeechegan! (and anyone that played in ann arbor)

Patriots are not asking for a "runner-up ring" either.....

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots are not asking for a "runner-up ring" either.....

It's strange that you Pats fans idolize a fella that likes deflated balls & wears Uggs.:D

:peep: