• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who breaks out next season?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what player/s do you have a feeling will start to dominate this year? Last year we had Jimmy Butler and Draymond Green. The year before it was Lance Stephenson and Kyle Lowry. Who do you think busts out this year? I got a few players I think will improve a ton.

I foresee Nikola Mirotic having a huge year. Hoiberg likes big men with range that can score. Niko is very talented and will fit hoibergs system the best out of all the Bulls bigs.

Others include Rudy Gobert, Jimmer Fredotte, and Wesley Johnson.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside, if you don't consider his domination last year as domination.

Acrux

THEE Real Authoritay ©
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a player per say but I have a feeling the Spurs will finally have a breakout season. :noidea:

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what player/s do you have a feeling will start to dominate this year? Last year we had Jimmy Butler and Draymond Green. The year before it was Lance Stephenson and Kyle Lowry. Who do you think busts out this year? I got a few players I think will improve a ton.

I foresee Nikola Mirotic having a huge year. Hoiberg likes big men with range that can score. Niko is very talented and will fit hoibergs system the best out of all the Bulls bigs.

Others include Rudy Gobert, Jimmer Fredotte, and Wesley Johnson.

Fredette is on his last stint in the NBA.

His game just never translated. Shame too. Such a smart player. He'd be fun to watch but he just has no athleticism.

JV35

El Chapo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody way off the radar. Impossible to say.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fredette is on his last stint in the NBA.

His game just never translated. Shame too. Such a smart player. He'd be fun to watch but he just has no athleticism.
I think Pop will figure out a way to use him though. I don't think he busts out like Butler did, but I think he is too skilled for Pop to ignore.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Jimmer. He might be decent for the Spurs but he won't be close to a breakout type anytime soon. A couples players I could see as breakout players.

Otto Porter Jr. -Played well in the playoffs for the Wizards and doesn't have Pierce in front of him this season.
CJ McCollum -Another player who had a strong showing in the playoffs, and without Wes/Batum/LMA the Blazers will need some scoring punch besides Dame.
Jared Sullinger -Kinda reminds me of Draymond Green but with less defense.
Aaron Gordon -Is injured currently but could still be back by start of the regular season. If he stays healthy unlike he was for a lot of last season he should be an important part of a young but talented Magic team.
Ben McLemore -Started and ended last season strong, I think Rondo starting next to him(if they both start) will help. Hopefully he can become more consistent and be a true 3 and D type player.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not a "breakout" year but I have a feeling Gerald Green will have a nice bounce back season similar to the 13-14 year with the Suns.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Jimmer. He might be decent for the Spurs but he won't be close to a breakout type anytime soon. A couples players I could see as breakout players.

Otto Porter Jr. -Played well in the playoffs for the Wizards and doesn't have Pierce in front of him this season.
CJ McCollum -Another player who had a strong showing in the playoffs, and without Wes/Batum/LMA the Blazers will need some scoring punch besides Dame.
Jared Sullinger -Kinda reminds me of Draymond Green but with less defense.
Aaron Gordon -Is injured currently but could still be back by start of the regular season. If he stays healthy unlike he was for a lot of last season he should be an important part of a young but talented Magic team.
Ben McLemore -Started and ended last season strong, I think Rondo starting next to him(if they both start) will help. Hopefully he can become more consistent and be a true 3 and D type player.
Otto Porter is a great choice. I also thought Jared Sullinger was already borderline star player.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know but James Harden will continue his dominance with those sick moves of his.

Turbo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie Jackson on the Detroit Pistons. I can see him putting up 20+ with 5+ assists a night.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Otto Porter is a great choice. I also thought Jared Sullinger was already borderline star player.
Sullinger's best season has been 13 and 8. I could see him going up to 18 and 8 this year, depending on if he can be a consistent threat from 3(career 27%).

Last edited:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sullinger's best season has been 13 and 8. I could see him going up to 18 and 8 this year, depending on if he can be a consistent threat from 3(career 27%).
I think he could average ten+ boards a game. If he would've gotten more minutes last year he would've been even better, but it's going to be even more difficult to get play time with David Lee in town. It's a shame because Sullingers game reminds me of Kevin love. I don't think he's going to get the minutes to put up breakout stats though.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he could average ten+ boards a game. If he would've gotten more minutes last year he would've been even better, but it's going to be even more difficult to get play time with David Lee in town. It's a shame because Sullingers game reminds me of Kevin love. I don't think he's going to get the minutes to put up breakout stats though.
I forgot about David Lee, that'll hurt his chances. I agree he could be a double digit rebounder, maybe not Kevin Love 25 and 12 type but 18-19ppg and 10rpg is possible whether it happens this year or not.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about David Lee, that'll hurt his chances. I agree he could be a double digit rebounder, maybe not Kevin Love 25 and 12 type but 18-19ppg and 10rpg is possible whether it happens this year or not.
Yeah, I hear you. Boston is fucking him over though. He was clearly the best front court player on the celtics last year and by a wide margin, but the head coach didn't want to play him any more than the other 3 guys he played. People were saying that Brad Stevens did a good job in Boston last year, but I disagree. He could've made a star out of Sullinger, but decided he would rather play the likes of Brandon Bass, Kelly Olynyk, and Tyler Zeller for comparable minutes. I have no clue how Sullinger only got 27 minutes per game competing for time with those three players. What a bunch of garbage. Now they are trading for a player that makes Sullinger redundant. If I were Sullinger I would be demanding a trade right now. Give the guy a fucking chance already!

OH yeah, they added Amir Johnson too. Just another subpar player for Stevens to play instead of Sullinger.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I hear you. Boston is fucking him over though. He was clearly the best front court player on the celtics last year and by a wide margin, but the head coach didn't want to play him any more than the other 3 guys he played. People were saying that Brad Stevens did a good job in Boston last year, but I disagree. He could've made a star out of Sullinger, but decided he would rather play the likes of Brandon Bass, Kelly Olynyk, and Tyler Zeller for comparable minutes. I have no clue how Sullinger only got 27 minutes per game competing for time with those three players. What a bunch of garbage. Now they are trading for a player that makes Sullinger redundant. If I were Sullinger I would be demanding a trade right now. Give the guy a fucking chance already!

OH yeah, they added Amir Johnson too. Just another subpar player for Stevens to play instead of Sullinger.
He definitely deserves more of a chance, he's their best big imo. I could see them bringing in one of those 2(Lee or Amir) to back him up and start if Sullinger gets hurt, but don't see a reason for both. He should get 32-33min a game at least, but now might not even start. Boston is a young team with most of their key players 25 or younger(Sullinger 23), why bring in Lee(32) AND Amir(28) to cost one of your best young players playing time he needs to get better?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jabari Parker

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Lavine - I could see 16, 4 and 4 from him this year.
Aaron Gordon - Could be a big time breakout player with him extending his range. His athleticism is off the charts.
Jusef Nurkic - Biggest benefactor with all the reshuffling in Denver. He's going to be a big part of them going forward.

Not really a breakout player but I think Ryan Anderson is going to have a really nice year.