• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who are the front runners for MLB expansion and when will it happen?

DesiredFan382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to put in relocation since the commissioner Rob Manfred said He wants the stadium situations in Tampa Bay in Oakland resolved before any talks of MLB expansion or relocation. The possible cities for relocation in the MLB right now or Las Vegas, Nashville, Raleigh, Charlotte, Montreal Mexico City, San Antonio. Man Fred says he will expand the league into 32 teams. So which of these cities are definitely front runners to land a baseball team? Or Charlotte’s chances pretty much slim of learning in MLB team because they already have a minor-league team in their city that happens to be doing very well they have most sell out crowds every season except for this one ending. Does that mean since a minor-league stadium in the city of Charlotte hurts the cities chances of building a new ball park downtown in the Queen City? People have said we are decades away from having an expansion or relocation MLB team would you say that far away or would you say about a decade or two away? Sorry for the long post but just wanted to know your thoughts.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He problem is mlb ignorantly gave away the entire US. So there is no “free space.”

You must negotiate with at least one mlb team to relocate.

It’s laughably dumb.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they don't expand. The number of mediocre ball players in the league is already too high.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to put in relocation since the commissioner Rob Manfred said He wants the stadium situations in Tampa Bay in Oakland resolved before any talks of MLB expansion or relocation. The possible cities for relocation in the MLB right now or Las Vegas, Nashville, Raleigh, Charlotte, Montreal Mexico City, San Antonio. Man Fred says he will expand the league into 32 teams. So which of these cities are definitely front runners to land a baseball team? Or Charlotte’s chances pretty much slim of learning in MLB team because they already have a minor-league team in their city that happens to be doing very well they have most sell out crowds every season except for this one ending. Does that mean since a minor-league stadium in the city of Charlotte hurts the cities chances of building a new ball park downtown in the Queen City? People have said we are decades away from having an expansion or relocation MLB team would you say that far away or would you say about a decade or two away? Sorry for the long post but just wanted to know your thoughts.

If we only had a MLB board for a thread like this. Oh wait, we do.

Moving ....

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they don't expand. The number of mediocre ball players in the league is already too high.

I actually agree with this. There already isn’t enough pitching. I think there are enough hitters.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually agree with this. There already isn’t enough pitching. I think there are enough hitters.
The lack of quality pitching creates the number of hitters.
It's a vicious circle.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 of Charlotte, Portland, Las Vegas and Nashville. I think the Tampa/Montreal situation will end up with the team in Montreal full time.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could you kindly leave the Detroit Tigers out of this.

Actually, I think there is enough talent for expansion.

Nashville, San Juan, Charlotte, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas (after Shoeless Joe Jackson and Pete Rose are in the Hall of Fame)

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard pass on Charlotte, Raleigh and Nashville