• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which was worse, Cam Newton or the commercials?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as Cam played, the commercials were painfully worse.

More Prius ads please...
Nonsense... The commercials were the highlights of the evening.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're watching the game for the commercials there is something wrong with you.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Gaga hit it out of the park the whole thing majestically slid into the dumper.....

She did get down. While I'm one who likes to see the Anthem sung by powerful singers and with some conviction along with no frills. She was powerful, I didn't know she could sing that well in fact. She also had the conviction and I liked the frills she put on it.

I didn't think it was a dumpster fire of a game though. I thought it was a great defensive battle with Denver's D led by Von Miller and the DL coming up with bigger and more timely punches than Carolina's D.

Far as the commercials.....meh. Far as the halftime show....meh, through seeing Coldplay's lead singer, Beyonce and Bruno Mars all together was an interesting mash up at the end.

Far as Cam......terrible performance and I'm talking about how he acted more than how he played. Various terms such as lil' bitch, poopbutt, brat, as well as others come to mind. Especially disappointing was the reaction to that iffy PI call, lack of effort on the recovery of the ball after Miller's 2nd strip and his answers and demeanor at the postgame press conference.

The thing that cracked me up the most the whole night was Talib explaining why he got his first personal foul to the NFLN crew. That shit was funny and if that's all it was there shouldn't of been a penalty, but I'm glad it was called so Talib could speak on it.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're watching the game for the commercials there is something wrong with you.

this is the first year I've ever watched the commercials.

not sure why, guess the game just didnt engage my interest that much. I like good defense, so not sure why I couldn't get involved.

there was zero momentum, zero flow. Lot of penalties, overthrown receivers.

thinking back, my favorite play/moment was CJ Anderson's TD run. He got popped, but ran tough. That's about it.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the first year I've ever watched the commercials.

not sure why, guess the game just didnt engage my interest that much. I like good defense, so not sure why I couldn't get involved.

there was zero momentum, zero flow. Lot of penalties, overthrown receivers.

thinking back, my favorite play/moment was CJ Anderson's TD run. He got popped, but ran tough. That's about it.
You kind of have to appreciate defensive play to like the game we had yesterday. It's not always about offense.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never watched a single commercial. Since I record I don't have to.

And I finished up on live TV for the last 30 seconds or so.

Actually I did see one commercial. Near the beginning (up here anyway) with Helen Mirren? And it was great. Anti drunk driving, pillocks....

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You kind of have to appreciate defensive play to like the game we had yesterday. It's not always about offense.

oh, I like defense as much as anyone. Both sides played it well, Denver just better.

but just could not get hooked on this game.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never watched a single commercial. Since I record I don't have to.

And I finished up on live TV for the last 30 seconds or so.

Actually I did see one commercial. Near the beginning (up here anyway) with Helen Mirren? And it was great. Anti drunk driving, pillocks....

The Brits rule when it comes to elegant put downs...:10:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at one point, I remember hearing that both teams were 4 for 25 on third down conversions...that's brutal.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the best commercials was the Kevin hart commercial they showed before the game even started. They should have saved that one til the third quarter at least.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...As for Manning, after years of carrying mediocre teams to the playoffs on his back I guess it was time for a defense to carry him to a title. Now he can go out in style.
Same as his first time.

Not a real NFL fan I see.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not watching just for commercials, but when the game is a team I hate vs a team I don't give a shit about it helps if I have something to look forward to.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got kinda upset as well, since it was the last game, I really wanted to get involved.

If it was one of the viewer's favorite teams, of course nothing else matters, especially the commercials.

I remember back when Dallas had some good teams, and the Super bowl sucked, total blowout. But I enjoyed it. Imagine the average viewer just wanting to see a good game did not.

At least this game, it was semi-competitive; it was 13-7 for a large portion of the game. But...it just kind of staggered along.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS is precisely why people do not like Newton.....not because of what color he happens to be when he wakes up in the morning. Someone loses the Super Bowl every year, some in dramatic, much more crushing fashion (Steve McNair, Russell Wilson, both black, coincidently), and carry themselves with much more dignity in defeat.

Newton is a "boy" in the sense that he needs to develop some maturity. He gets too high when things are going good and the attention is on him. He gets too low when things go poorly and the attention is on him. It's called humility.