• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The difference between Cam and Russell

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm honestly curious as to why someone would say that. I certainly didn't hear anyone say that prior to this season.

IMO, given Cam's style of play he is not likely to have a long career. He takes a LOT of big hits. And while he is a big dude, even the big guys wear down. So, IMO, he doesn't have a long window to achieve a ring and it is not unreasonable to think that this may have been his one and only chance.

I guess if you think he is such a freak that he can play 15 years in the NFL like he does then I could see why you would prefer him to Wilson. But so far their on field performances haven't been that comparable even if they are THIS year.

Just think of Marino who made it in year 1, never to see it again.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Truth be told I think that if Marino was playing today he would have been in more Super Bowls. QBs were not as important to the game back then although they were still pretty important.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth be told I think that if Marino was playing today he would have been in more Super Bowls. QBs were not as important to the game back then although they were still pretty important.

No argument, but it's still difficult for most teams to get back. You have to have a really damn fine team to get back repeatedly.

I was sceptical of Carolina for a variety of reasons all year.

Even after they ran up big scores against Seattle and Arizona. I had them to lose both games.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument, but it's still difficult for most teams to get back. You have to have a really damn fine team to get back repeatedly.

I was sceptical of Carolina for a variety of reasons all year.

Even after they ran up big scores against Seattle and Arizona. I had them to lose both games.

I think Carolina is a good team but their record flattered to deceive and even their performances against Seattle and Arizona were deceptive. When you are +11 in turnovers in 2 games you are likely to do well. But that isn't a sustainable rate.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, don't "ever" compare Cam with Marino!!! Marino was a classy great QB, Cam can't/couldn't carry Marino's jockstrap at this point of his career. Maybe somewhere down the line Cam will mature and be a great QB, like Marino, but as of today Cam is just a good QB, that needs to grown up and mature.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its all about character, selflessness (contracts aside) and leadership.

I don't see Cam going out and fighting after he's down 31-0 at the half.

Well in his defense he was a big reason for Carolina being up 31-0 at half. Crap game by the Seahawks. Still, I'll take Wilson over Cam any day of the week because I don't think he has the capacity to make in-game adjustments when things go wrong.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you call that a tackle?
Personally I don't. But the official scorebook does. Kind of on the same line as when an MLB player gets a swinging bunt hit. It looks like a line drive in the book.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he ain't into that fancy book learnin! Keppin it real!
Cam would question why you think you and the other NFL QBs studying the D is the "right way":confused:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Russell Wilson thread, what the fuck!

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, don't "ever" compare Cam with Marino!!! Marino was a classy great QB, Cam can't/couldn't carry Marino's jockstrap at this point of his career. Maybe somewhere down the line Cam will mature and be a great QB, like Marino, but as of today Cam is just a good QB, that needs to grown up and mature.

Oldtimers should not use "Dude"....

And I wasn't comparing Cam with Marino in any way aside from maybe not getting back to the Super Bowl again.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I wasn't comparing Cam with Marino in any way aside from maybe not getting back to the Super Bowl again.
LOL, why shouldn't I use the word "Dude"?? You do know that, that word has been around long before you or I, don't you? Fair enough if you were comparing Cam with Marino about not getting back to a Super Bowl, but that's where it end. Maybe someday
Cam can be compared to Marino, but as of today Cam couldn't carry Marino jockstrap.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree Hank. As an oldtimer myself who has been saying "dude" since the mid 70's I feel it is every old fart's god given right to speak that term. We had it long before surfer "dudes" bastardized and monopolized that term.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, why shouldn't I use the word "Dude"?? You do know that, that word has been around long before you or I, don't you? Fair enough if you were comparing Cam with Marino about not getting back to a Super Bowl, but that's where it end. Maybe someday
Cam can be compared to Marino, but as of today Cam couldn't carry Marino jockstrap.

I'm no dude.....

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree Hank. As an oldtimer myself who has been saying "dude" since the mid 70's I feel it is every old fart's god given right to speak that term. We had it long before surfer "dudes" bastardized and monopolized that term.

Never use it.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, and being an oldie myself, I would just like to say;
59080880.jpg :D

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What shocked me the most was that Cam apparently (didn't see it, but read about it) conceded he didn't jump on the ball for fear of injury or something like that. I thought for sure he may have thought it was about to bounce or squirt in his direction and was setting up for that....but to hear him explain it...yeah, truly pathetic "effort." No way Wilson or...well, really just about any other QB in the NFL...doesn't jump on the ball in that situation. Who else wouldn't have??