• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Which team did better with their first two draft picks? Jaguars or Cowboys

Which team did better with their first 2 picks?

• Dallas Cowboys: Ezekiel Elliott, Jaylon Smith

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Jacksonville Jaguars: Jalen Ramsey, Myles Jack

Votes: 72 79.1%

• Total voters

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, but hodgepodge was good enough for the last couple SB winners... last year Dallas was solid in rushing not bad but not top 8 (when you take out the running QB's effects on some of the top running teams I'd have called them tennish), with next to nothing given up on the positions (3.6 mil in cap space, some FA's and a 5th round pick).

I can see the debate that that draft capital could have been better used on an impact defensive player or trading back for more picks to help area's... But it does have potential to work out for them. And this is a team that has a few times made huge moves with RB's that have defined the franchise (Trade for Dorsett, trading Walker, drafting Emmitt).
But the last two SB winners also had something not available to Dallas at #4: an elite pass rusher (Bosa already gone), and Tom Brady.

I think Jerry sees Elliott as his final piece for creating another Big 3 as they had in the 90s when they won those titles. If Romo is healthy, there's a very real chance that Dallas could lead the league in scoring this year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Elliott has been mentioned many, many times in the same sentence as AP in recent weeks, ie. "he's the most complete back to be drafted since AP", which has been said by more analysts than I can even count.
:pound:that is some funny stuff. Big time HOMER ALERT

We agree to disagree. Its hard to argue with fans of the player or Team. They get very blinded.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think its about even. The 2nd round picks, if both are healthy, is about even. I'd give a slight edge to Jaylon over Jack, but I think Jack has a better chance to be more productive because I just don't think Jaylon will ever recover to be 100%, which really sucks.

Elliot will put up good numbers, but I think Ramsey will have more of an impact.

It would have been interesting to see what McFadden could have done with a healthy Romo and Bryant all year out there, something Elliot will have the luxury of. I just don't see there being that big of a jump in production at RB w/Elliot b/c McFadden was really productive IMO.

I'd go slight edge to the Jags.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:that is some funny stuff. Big time HOMER ALERT

We agree to disagree. Its hard to argue with fans of the player or Team. They get very blinded.
This is about the level of intelligence I've come to expect from you. Let me help educate you further, as I've been doing throughout this entire thread:

Elliott is best, most complete RB prospect since Adrian Peterson
Scout: Ezekiel Elliott could be the next Adrian Peterson
AFC RBs coach compares Ezekiel Elliott to Adrian Peterson
Elliott is best RB prospect since Peterson

But let me guess - these people are all just "big time HOMERS", too.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the last two SB winners also had something not available to Dallas at #4: an elite pass rusher (Bosa already gone), and Tom Brady.

I think Jerry sees Elliott as his final piece for creating another Big 3 as they had in the 90s when they won those titles. If Romo is healthy, there's a very real chance that Dallas could lead the league in scoring this year.

Exactly, which is why it's tough to have a top 5 pick and not use it at defending the QB, protecting the QB, or getting a QB. Those are so much more important.. Personally i was surprised they didn't go Ramsey. Fits a bigger need, in a more important position, Elliott has to be a LOT better graded player to take that position instead (and fine if he was)

If you want to look at the SB winners, these are the winning teams leading rushers there...

Den UDFA in Anderson
NE UDFA in Blount
Sea 4th/5th round picks given up for Lynch
Bal mid-2nd round pick Rice
NYG 7th round Bradshaw
GB 6th round Starks
NO UDFA Pierre Thomas
Pit UDFA Willie Parker
NYG 7th round Bradshaw
IND UDFA Rhodes
PIT UDFA Willie Parker
NE Last pick of 2nd round for Corey Dillon
NE FA pickup Antowain Smith
TB FA pickup Michael Pittman
Bal top 5 pick Jamal Lewis..

2000, the only time this millennium a team has won it all using a top 50 pick getting their best rusher.

I can see the hope, but it is a high risk move.

Figure of all the top 5 pick backs taken since Tony Dorsett, Reggie Bush and Jamal Lewis are the only ones to help the team that drafted him to a SB.

I think you are right, that Jerry still see's the backs like they were 20+ years ago. And while he had been getting overruled it seemed lately on some of his picks, that one seems like he won out on.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is about the level of intelligence I've come to expect from you. Let me help educate you further, as I've been doing throughout this entire thread:

Elliott is best, most complete RB prospect since Adrian Peterson
Scout: Ezekiel Elliott could be the next Adrian Peterson
AFC RBs coach compares Ezekiel Elliott to Adrian Peterson
Elliott is best RB prospect since Peterson

But let me guess - these people are all just "big time HOMERS", too.

lol it's pre draft... Find me a single first round pick where actual good scouts/writers are saying player X is the next Curtis Enis or Ryan Leaf. Every player in pre-draft scouting reports is always compared to the bright spot. And most don't come close.

Trent Richardson Is The Best Running Back Prospect Since Adrian Peterson
"Here's the argument for Trent Richardson: He's better than Adrian Peterson."
"Richardson is as compact and coiled an athlete that the running back position has seen since Adrian Peterson."

Or the McFadden/Bush is the next Marshall Faulk ones...

Nobody is going to say "Ezekiel Elliott is the next Trent Richardson"... though that is exactly what they are saying as well. Everyone always compares to the best. He may be..

But again, remember the position.. Peterson, the best RB in what? 25 years maybe... Has... won 1 career playoff game. The one time his team had gotten their passing offense and pass rush aligned.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true, and that shows how the game has changed in the past 5-8 years or so. But my point is, the game never stays the same, and at some point teams with excellent OLs and a stud RB are going to attack these smaller, faster defenses that are being built to stop the pass.

IMO, Dallas needs to take advantage of that O line now with a durable stud RB: This will do two things, first it will keep Tony Romo healthy and participating longer, and second, it will keep the Dallas defense off the field.

Just my thoughts, who the hell knows how it will pan out. I'm just a contrarian I guess, and have a hard time jumping the same train all the talking heads are on...:noidea:
Its pretty easy to see why Dallas is doing it. I just figure that one of the amazing byproducts of hitting on oline picks is that you don't need to invest a top 5 pick in a RB. You mention that at some point team with excellent OLs are going to attack these smaller, faster defenses but if you look around at the NFL, OLs around the league are embarrassingly bad. Dallas is in an unique position to actually implement what you are saying.

My big worry for the pick is that Elliott is the type of runner that spends most of his career banged up.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol it's pre draft... Find me a single first round pick where actual good scouts/writers are saying player X is the next Curtis Enis or Ryan Leaf. Every player in pre-draft scouting reports is always compared to the bright spot. And most don't come close.

Trent Richardson Is The Best Running Back Prospect Since Adrian Peterson
"Here's the argument for Trent Richardson: He's better than Adrian Peterson."
"Richardson is as compact and coiled an athlete that the running back position has seen since Adrian Peterson."

Or the McFadden/Bush is the next Marshall Faulk ones...

Nobody is going to say "Ezekiel Elliott is the next Trent Richardson"... though that is exactly what they are saying as well. Everyone always compares to the best. He may be..

But again, remember the position.. Peterson, the best RB in what? 25 years maybe... Has... won 1 career playoff game. The one time his team had gotten their passing offense and pass rush aligned.
And as we can see, the scouts ignored Richardson's lack of vision and overall character flaws, things Zeke has in spades. I remember the Richardson pick as a Browns fan, and I wasn't thrilled about it but I was fine with it. I would've been thrilled with Zeke because he's just overall a much more complete back than Richardson. Also, how is AP "compact"? Isn't he like 6'2"? Also, to be fair, Minnesota drafted Peterson and then messed up badly in providing him any help. It's like Lebron on the Cavs during his first 7 years. Nobody doubts he is one of the all-time greats, but when you surround him largely with shit, you can only go so far.

I guess I look at Zeke as potentially the missing piece that can actually take Dallas' offense over the top. They need help on defense, you're right, but it's hard to justify spending three first round picks in 4 years on defensive backs. Honestly, that's not what wins you championships - just ask the Eagles or the Jets. I think if Bosa was there, they would've taken him. He is a perfect scheme fit there. That said, I just don't think it was a bad pick. As you aid, it's important to protect the QB - that is undoubtedly one of Zeke's biggest strengths.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its pretty easy to see why Dallas is doing it. I just figure that one of the amazing byproducts of hitting on oline picks is that you don't need to invest a top 5 pick in a RB. You mention that at some point team with excellent OLs are going to attack these smaller, faster defenses but if you look around at the NFL, OLs around the league are embarrassingly bad. Dallas is in an unique position to actually implement what you are saying.

My big worry for the pick is that Elliott is the type of runner that spends most of his career banged up.
That's never been an issue for his entire career. I mean, by that logic, you can make the case for any player drafted in the top 10 - if they're banged up, they're not going to be good.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, which is why it's tough to have a top 5 pick and not use it at defending the QB, protecting the QB, or getting a QB. Those are so much more important.. Personally i was surprised they didn't go Ramsey. Fits a bigger need, in a more important position, Elliott has to be a LOT better graded player to take that position instead (and fine if he was)

If you want to look at the SB winners, these are the winning teams leading rushers there...

Den UDFA in Anderson
NE UDFA in Blount
Sea 4th/5th round picks given up for Lynch
Bal mid-2nd round pick Rice
NYG 7th round Bradshaw
GB 6th round Starks
NO UDFA Pierre Thomas
Pit UDFA Willie Parker
NYG 7th round Bradshaw
IND UDFA Rhodes
PIT UDFA Willie Parker
NE Last pick of 2nd round for Corey Dillon
TB FA pickup Michael Pittman
Bal top 5 pick Jamal Lewis..

2000, the only time this millennium a team has won it all using a top 50 pick getting their best rusher.

I can see the hope, but it is a high risk move.

Figure of all the top 5 pick backs taken since Tony Dorsett, Reggie Bush and Jamal Lewis are the only ones to help the team that drafted him to a SB.

I think you are right, that Jerry still see's the backs like they were 20+ years ago. And while he had been getting overruled it seemed lately on some of his picks, that one seems like he won out on.
To be fair, Lynch was a top 10 pick, and there's no way Seattle wins it all without him. As I pointed out with NE/Denver, there wasn't the option to draft the elite pass rusher or Tom Brady at #4. There was, however, an elite RB prospect, one that should be there (barring injury) for the next decade protecting their QBs and running for tons of yards every year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's never been an issue for his entire career. I mean, by that logic, you can make the case for any player drafted in the top 10 - if they're banged up, they're not going to be good.
From his NFL draft profile:

WEAKNESSES
Strapped it up with a heavy workload over last two seasons including over 600 touches. Defenders land big shots on him. Appears to be too willing to put himself through the meat grinder rather than avoiding certain collisions. Understanding when to attack and when to elude may take time for him

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From his NFL draft profile:

WEAKNESSES
Strapped it up with a heavy workload over last two seasons including over 600 touches. Defenders land big shots on him. Appears to be too willing to put himself through the meat grinder rather than avoiding certain collisions. Understanding when to attack and when to elude may take time for him
And yet I don't think he's ever even so much as missed a practice. The guy is incredibly athletic and well put-together. Sure he isn't going to want to seek out contact, you're right there. I guess he isn't injured until he gets injured, so you have a good point that he should protect himself better.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as we can see, the scouts ignored Richardson's lack of vision and overall character flaws, things Zeke has in spades. I remember the Richardson pick as a Browns fan, and I wasn't thrilled about it but I was fine with it. I would've been thrilled with Zeke because he's just overall a much more complete back than Richardson. Also, how is AP "compact"? Isn't he like 6'2"? Also, to be fair, Minnesota drafted Peterson and then messed up badly in providing him any help. It's like Lebron on the Cavs during his first 7 years. Nobody doubts he is one of the all-time greats, but when you surround him largely with shit, you can only go so far.

I guess I look at Zeke as potentially the missing piece that can actually take Dallas' offense over the top. They need help on defense, you're right, but it's hard to justify spending three first round picks in 4 years on defensive backs. Honestly, that's not what wins you championships - just ask the Eagles or the Jets. I think if Bosa was there, they would've taken him. He is a perfect scheme fit there. That said, I just don't think it was a bad pick. As you aid, it's important to protect the QB - that is undoubtedly one of Zeke's biggest strengths.

Lol, kind of odd to hear you bringing up his vision, as one of Richardson's biggest positives out of college was his vision... check the scouting reports on him. Just googling them and going straight down the list... NFL, Walter, CBS, etc...

"He is a heady and instinctual player who is patient enough to wait for blocks to develop within the scheme and quick enough to change course and cut backfield to daylight. "

"Strengths:
  • Ideal build and size
  • Quickness to the hole
  • Vision
"

"His long gainers in the open field come from his patience in letting blockers develop and set up blocks prior to hitting the hole at full speed. When he does this, he creates running lanes for himself and then gets into the open field, where his vision comes into play. "

"Trent displays good vision and natural running insticts. Does a good job of making a quick cut and hitting the hole hard."

"It's a testament to his vision and footwork. He's agile enough to juke even the quickest of defenders. "

"He displays good field vision and knows when to make the cut back to the other side of the field."

"Richardson’s vision and patience put him over the top from being a very good back to elite company in terms of NFL runners. Richardson has a way of making himself small to fit through tiny creases in the defense. His ability to spot the cutback lane is second to none in this draft class."

Every one I am finding has that as one of his top attributes... Obviously in the NFL different story.

Just showing how scouts always compare to the best. If you are a top 5 considered back, whether your name is Elliott or Richardson, Enis, or Barry Sanders, you will be compared to an all time great. If he doesn't work out, the same things will come up that have with those that didn't work out. Scouts overlooked all the big shots he took in college (he got blasted a LOT), scouts overlooked his 600 touches his last two seasons, overlooked his not understanding when to attack or elude, overlooked his maturity (complaining after that Mich State game and throwing the blame on his coaches, suspected ecstasy use), overlooked his pass routes not being sharp enough, overlooked the multiple rumors from different sources of his negative locker room presence... How his blitz pickup needed work (found a few reports saying that). How he was slower, less explosive, not as quick, fast, strong, big as Peterson and it was clear in the combine and on film.

If he fails all that will come out and all of a sudden be the key reasons he failed, just like it has for Richardson.

And I am not calling it bad either, but just taking a position with lesser impact and one which has a higher bust rate... It's a tougher pick to make... If their scouts truly believe he is that true worthy elite guy, then go for it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet I don't think he's ever even so much as missed a practice. The guy is incredibly athletic and well put-together. Sure he isn't going to want to seek out contact, you're right there. I guess he isn't injured until he gets injured, so you have a good point that he should protect himself better.
Just because someone is prone to getting injured doesnt mean theyll ever actually get injured. I'm sure someone could drive and text while drunk 1,000 times without wrecking but they are certainly more prone to wrecking.

Elliot isn't Trent Richardson, though. Henry is more like Richardson imo. Elliot's ability to change directions and diagnose holes is absolutely incredible. It really shows up in say...his game against Penn St. Against Notre Dame, Ohio St could've had any running back as they were just using misdirection plays and good college plays that have no bearing on NFL play. As such, its easier to downplay his talent coming out than someone like Gurley but Dallas' oline is much better than Rams oline and Dallas' passing game is light years better than Rams passing game so its fair to say that the expectation for me is that Elliot should be the leading rusher in the NFL next year.

But behind Dallas' oline with Dallas' weapons...that would be a possibility with any top 10 RB.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, kind of odd to hear you bringing up his vision, as one of Richardson's biggest positives out of college was his vision... check the scouting reports on him. Just googling them and going straight down the list... NFL, Walter, CBS, etc...

"He is a heady and instinctual player who is patient enough to wait for blocks to develop within the scheme and quick enough to change course and cut backfield to daylight. "

"Strengths:
  • Ideal build and size
  • Quickness to the hole
  • Vision
"

"His long gainers in the open field come from his patience in letting blockers develop and set up blocks prior to hitting the hole at full speed. When he does this, he creates running lanes for himself and then gets into the open field, where his vision comes into play. "

"Trent displays good vision and natural running insticts. Does a good job of making a quick cut and hitting the hole hard."

"It's a testament to his vision and footwork. He's agile enough to juke even the quickest of defenders. "

"He displays good field vision and knows when to make the cut back to the other side of the field."

"Richardson’s vision and patience put him over the top from being a very good back to elite company in terms of NFL runners. Richardson has a way of making himself small to fit through tiny creases in the defense. His ability to spot the cutback lane is second to none in this draft class."

Every one I am finding has that as one of his top attributes... Obviously in the NFL different story.

Just showing how scouts always compare to the best. If you are a top 5 considered back, whether your name is Elliott or Richardson, Enis, or Barry Sanders, you will be compared to an all time great. If he doesn't work out, the same things will come up that have with those that didn't work out. Scouts overlooked all the big shots he took in college (he got blasted a LOT), scouts overlooked his 600 touches his last two seasons, overlooked his not understanding when to attack or elude, overlooked his maturity (complaining after that Mich State game and throwing the blame on his coaches, suspected ecstasy use), overlooked his pass routes not being sharp enough, overlooked the multiple rumors from different sources of his negative locker room presence... How his blitz pickup needed work (found a few reports saying that). How he was slower, less explosive, not as quick, fast, strong, big as Peterson and it was clear in the combine and on film.

If he fails all that will come out and all of a sudden be the key reasons he failed, just like it has for Richardson.

And I am not calling it bad either, but just taking a position with lesser impact and one which has a higher bust rate... It's a tougher pick to make... If their scouts truly believe he is that true worthy elite guy, then go for it.
Fair enough. I admittedly hadn't read through his scouting report, but his vision was completely absent in the pros. It's amazing just how wrong the scouts were on him.

I have to say, you're the first person I've ever heard say anything about A.) ecstasy use or B.) Zeke being a negative locker room presence. I did some googling and looked at what was out there, and everything I saw was just "these are random rumors, nothing at all substantiated" in regards to the drug use. The negative locker room presence thing, I cannot find anything. The only thing negative I've seen about his attitude was the quote from the heat of the moment immediately after the Michigan State game, and clearly that was never a big deal.

I guess it's part homer, but I just don't see a weakness in Zeke's game. Elite runner, great power, elite vision, great pass catcher, elite blocker. There are very few, if any RBs, that have come out since AP that could be described the same.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because someone is prone to getting injured doesnt mean theyll ever actually get injured. I'm sure someone could drive and text while drunk 1,000 times without wrecking but they are certainly more prone to wrecking.

Elliot isn't Trent Richardson, though. Henry is more like Richardson imo. Elliot's ability to change directions and diagnose holes is absolutely incredible. It really shows up in say...his game against Penn St. Against Notre Dame, Ohio St could've had any running back as they were just using misdirection plays and good college plays that have no bearing on NFL play. As such, its easier to downplay his talent coming out than someone like Gurley but Dallas' oline is much better than Rams oline and Dallas' passing game is light years better than Rams passing game so its fair to say that the expectation for me is that Elliot should be the leading rusher in the NFL next year.

But behind Dallas' oline with Dallas' weapons...that would be a possibility with any top 10 RB.
Oh you're right, I don't disagree. I think he's smart enough to understand that he needs to do what he needs to do in order to prolong his career, but you're right, if he wants a long career he'll need to tweak that aspect.

Your RB comparison is pretty fair, actually. I feel, like Richardson, Henry was able to line up behind the mammoth OL at Bama and just barrel through against anyone they faced. Hopefully he has a better head on his shoulders and can make the mental leap to the pros, unlike Richardson.

Good point about Dallas' OL, though I feel like if Zeke was lacking in the pass pro/blocking department, they wouldn't have taken him at 4. That aspect, combined with the other elite characteristics, is what made him such a huge draft commodity. For a position that is being marginalized, there were realistically 4-5 teams in the top 15 that would have undoubtedly jumped all over him if he had slid to them.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this thread just proving how thick the homer glasses are on these Cowgirl fans in here?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

good points. Be it right or wrong Dallas is cashing in on all aspects they see worthy of this pick, which are the ability to make people miss in the open field, his blocking ability from the runningback position AND his fumble rate. Dallas wants to smash mouth with 8 in the box and a healthy Romo under center.

Like I said...right or wrong, Dallas see's itself as the 12-4 team in 2014. That season started with a defense from 2013 that most said was the worst in pro football history at the time. Shout out to those guys!

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand why the Cowboys took Elliott. I just don't agree with the decision. They need so much help on defense it's scary. Ramsey should have been the choice. In the second round their were plenty of Defensive Lineman available at pick 34. Instead they took a player who could be a home run, but won't play for an entire year.

Jacksonville can't really afford to miss on their 1st round pick. Fortunately for them they didn't. Jack is likely going to need microfracture surgery. Apparently it's only a question of when, not if.

I give the edge to the Jaguars. The Cowboys should be in win now mode. Romo isn't getting any younger & has had injury problems. Their offense is going to have to score 30 per game because that's likely what their defense is going to give up.

The Jaguars are a young team that has drafted a number of busts in the 1st round in recent years. I don't know how patient the fan base will be, but they're still a couple of years away.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I admittedly hadn't read through his scouting report, but his vision was completely absent in the pros. It's amazing just how wrong the scouts were on him.

I have to say, you're the first person I've ever heard say anything about A.) ecstasy use or B.) Zeke being a negative locker room presence. I did some googling and looked at what was out there, and everything I saw was just "these are random rumors, nothing at all substantiated" in regards to the drug use. The negative locker room presence thing, I cannot find anything. The only thing negative I've seen about his attitude was the quote from the heat of the moment immediately after the Michigan State game, and clearly that was never a big deal.

I guess it's part homer, but I just don't see a weakness in Zeke's game. Elite runner, great power, elite vision, great pass catcher, elite blocker. There are very few, if any RBs, that have come out since AP that could be described the same.

I don't see a weakness either in his game, he looks legit...
But so did Trent Richardson and Bush looked like he was playing a video game when he was out there. Hindsight is where we say though "how didn't we see that?". Like you say, and I fully agree, his vision is a joke, his quickness to the hole, a joke. But that was where he looked so so good in college. Wasn't just at Bama, his workouts for scouts were where people said he was blowing them away.

McFadden, god he looked like he was on another level, good team, bad team, he was just so good... That's what makes the draft so interesting. Richardson ruined my Gators who had a good D and just was on another level against Auburn in the SEC championship game.

WalterFootball.com: 2016 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Ezekiel Elliot

" The only serious flaw for Elliott as a prospect comes off the field. Multiple teams said he didn't interview well at the combine. He was known as, and admitted to being, a big partier at Ohio State. Teams strongly suspect that he was one of the players who former teammate Noah Spence suggested was also using ecstasy and molly (MDMA). Teammate Joey Bosa is in that group as well, and Bosa refused to take a drug test in order to hide it. Bosa told teams that Elliott had such an intense party atmosphere at their apartment that Bosa had to move out in order to get things to quiet down for him off the field. Other teammates said that Elliott can rub some the wrong way and has a strong personality.

Also, it left a bad taste in the mouth with some teams that Elliott was rather unapologetic for criticizing his team after the loss to Michigan State. When pressed, he said he did regret putting his coaches in a bad light, but team sources said it was pulling teeth for him to own up to that. Thus, teams have concerns about how Elliott will mesh in the locker room and what kind of teammate he will be in the NFL. "

That was one I saw bringing up his locker room and molly rumors. And sometimes they are just rumors. That's what this stuff almost always is right or wrong, there isn't many times when you have a clear cut huge negative with a top pick (why they aren't top picks lol). And it's crazy how such little things can be the defining cause of a players downfall. I remember seeing David Carr's scouting reports and one of the positives was he was a family man. Of course one of his downfalls with the Texans that was brought up after he washed out there was he'd be first out of practice because he had a family he wanted to spend time with. You can pass on partying too much and say no to the next Manziel... Or Brett Favre.

And I hate to pile on, I really am not but it was interesting hearing fumble rate being one of Elliott's big selling points. Again, not wanting him to be another Trent, but that was dead on what Trent Richardson was huge for... He fumbled early his freshman year in a game. That was his first, last, only fumble in college, one of his big selling points, ball security. And in the pro's.... Read through the scouting reports between Trent and Elliott though. It is scary how they are almost identical. Again, not saying he will be another Trent, but him being awful wouldn't surprise me any more than him being dominant.

I'd call his NFL comparison Adrian Richardson lol. Somewhere in there... haha. So that's where you have to rely on the guy pulling the trigger to be able to tell that apart, and I think even the best fail nearly as much as they succeed.

I hope he does work out (just wish it wasn't for Dallas), not homering this, I was against him for the same reasons on the Eagles board when the talk was him at #8 there. I want more guys like Peterson in the league.. I just think it is a historically risky pick for that position lately, one which tends to have less of an effect as other positions, and one which tends to have a shorter shelf life.

But every rookie is always compared to the boom.