• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which position would you prefer to see the Seahawks draft in the first round?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see why we need to draft high for a RG or RT. Breno was a 5th round pick and sweezy was a 7th round pick converted from a DT. you need to draft high for a LT because thats why protects the qbs blindside and plays the other teams best DE and the C is what communicates with the QB so you dont end up like peyton manning on the first play of the superbowl.

I would draft a WR if we land Kelvin benjamin or allen robinson I would be so happy, if not that than somewhere on the D-Line like a DE or DT hopefully jesse williams can come back from his injury

Jermaine Kearse and Baldwin were undrafted WRs, So you can find gems for most positions later in the draft or even after the draft. Also I'd like to point out that our best two OL were both first rounders. Seahawks offense doesn't require a Calvin Johnson type talent, but it could use a talented big receiver and this draft is full of WRs that are close in skills and I think they could find a good receiver in the second or third round, I'm not against using a first on a WR, I just lean to building from the inside out. I think Wolverine830872 idea of trading down is a good idea, because this draft is full of WRs and OLs. However finding someone who wants to trade up might be hard this year.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jermaine Kearse and Baldwin were undrafted WRs, So you can find gems for most positions later in the draft or even after the draft. Also I'd like to point out that our best two OL were both first rounders. Seahawks offense doesn't require a Calvin Johnson type talent, but it could use a talented big receiver and this draft is full of WRs that are close in skills and I think they could find a good receiver in the second or third round, I'm not against using a first on a WR, I just lean to building from the inside out. I think Wolverine830872 idea of trading down is a good idea, because this draft is full of WRs and OLs. However finding someone who wants to trade up might be hard this year.

I think looking at our season the biggest issues we had was our WR and looking at the arizona game watching patrick peterson and powers handle golden tate and doug baldwin made me wish we had a go to reciever. I feel that GT and DB are #3 slot type recievers and JK is an excellent player to add depth. Dont get me wrong if we use a 1st rounder on a Guard and he turns into the next steve hutchinsin Id be happy.

but in the NFC west its the team that is more physical and can run the ball is who usually wins so we might need to make sure our Oline is tight. If you look it up notice that the bottom 5 teams in passing in the league could beat the top 5 teams passing teams in the league.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think looking at our season the biggest issues we had was our WR and looking at the arizona game watching patrick peterson and powers handle golden tate and doug baldwin made me wish we had a go to reciever. I feel that GT and DB are #3 slot type recievers and JK is an excellent player to add depth. Dont get me wrong if we use a 1st rounder on a Guard and he turns into the next steve hutchinsin Id be happy.

but in the NFC west its the team that is more physical and can run the ball is who usually wins so we might need to make sure our Oline is tight. If you look it up notice that the bottom 5 teams in passing in the league could beat the top 5 teams passing teams in the league.

There was a thread on the NFL general board about if you took the best players from each division, who would come out on top. So of course I said the NFL West, but the NFC North posters figured the North would, because they would have Rogers, Calvin Johnson, and A. Peterson. Being old school I said BS, a great D and a good running game along with a good QB would trump it. The Superbowl was really a match of this very argument and we all know how that turned out!

coltonjg98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, there's 3 options. I don't expect my first option to happen, but I'd be happy if it did. I would really be happy with almost anything (just no RB) but these are my preferences.
1. Suppose Mike Evans falls down below the 14th pick. I'd hope we trade up using picks/depth/etc. I would love to get him, as he's exactly what we need, and the best at it.
2. Use the pick we have on a WR (matthews, benjamin, robinson, cooks, etc,) or a tackle (such as moses).
3. Trade down, pick up some extra picks, and with our first pick select a guard or LEO. There are several options mid-2nd, such as Yankey, who is a physical guy I'd be interested in.
Either of these options would be okay, but I hope we pick atleast 1 OL and 1 WR by the end of rd 4.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with trading up. We need all of the picks we can get to rebuild depth. In fact trading down would be much more palatable.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a poll on ESPN and the overwhelming winner was to draft a WR. I feel our OL is a bit of a shambles at the moment where we are currently 2 starters short. Top priority should be OL and trying to keep Wilson healthy. Seeing our possible best franchise QB ever running for his life is very stressful.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a big run stuffing DT also … O-line and D line in that order..