• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which position would you prefer to see the Seahawks draft in the first round?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks have been extremely difficult to predict with their draft selections the past couple of years so instead of a "Who do you think the Seahawks will pick?" thread, how about a "Where do you want the Seahawks to spend their first round pick?" thread.

The two big ones that come to mind are WR and OL.

Golden Tate leaves a WR corp that has been considered average to below average, and Seahawks RT Breno Giacomini has signed with the New York Jets.

I personally believe the Seahawks should spend their first round pick on the offensive line. Yes, it is boring, but the Seahawks offensive line was atrocious at best last year and arguably has 3 below average starters going into 2014.

Although WR is a lot more fun to debate and scout, I think that the offensive line needs the most work by far. The Seahawks WR group may not be great, but it is a hell of a lot better than the offensive line. Also, to me it looks like there are a good number of candidates at WR that can be selected in the mid to late rounds.

What does everyone think? Where should the Seahawks spend their first selection?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O line. Keep doing it til you get it right

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG/RT or WR.

It's a deep draft for both.

But were talking PC and Schneider. Expect the unexpected.....

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG/RT or WR.

It's a deep draft for both.

But were talking PC and Schneider. Expect the unexpected.....
With the 32nd pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Seattle Seahawks select....

Derek Carr. QB. Fresno St.

:laugh3:

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm not a seahawks fan but your o line was pretty injured last year wasn't it you have talent with okung? Carpenter and Unger. If you get a true number 1 WR you will be tough to beat.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guard. The guard position has been a complete mess since the days of Hutchinson and Gray. Wilson can't keep running for his life like he had to this year and shoring up the guard spots will go a long way towards making sure he won't have to. It has honestly been the weakest spot on the team for a while now and they really can't afford to let that continue.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm not a seahawks fan but your o line was pretty injured last year wasn't it you have talent with okung? Carpenter and Unger. If you get a true number 1 WR you will be tough to beat.
Carpenter sucks and the Oline is made up of 5 men. You can't just say 2 are good so you're fine.

We need a consistent LG badly and probably either a RG or RT, depending on the development of Alvin Bailey and Michael Bowie.

Last year we fought through some injuries at bad times but it was Wilson's elusiveness and their ability to run block that won us games. Our Oline as atrocious as a whole in passing situations. That is what needs to be addressed.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carpenter sucks and the Oline is made up of 5 men. You can't just say 2 are good so you're fine.

We need a consistent LG badly and probably either a RG or RT, depending on the development of Alvin Bailey and Michael Bowie.

Last year we fought through some injuries at bad times but it was Wilson's elusiveness and their ability to run block that won us games. Our Oline as atrocious as a whole in passing situations. That is what needs to be addressed.

But if you have pro bowl players like Unger and Okung it makes up for other players that might not be as talented not every person on every line in the NFL is great. That being said you are SB champs you really should just go top of the board even if it doesnt fit a need.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if you have pro bowl players like Unger and Okung it makes up for other players that might not be as talented not every person on every line in the NFL is great. That being said you are SB champs you really should just go top of the board even if it doesnt fit a need.

While Okung and Unger are not the issue, they have also both been fairly injury prone.

The OL did play better towards the end of the year but their pass blocking was some of the worst in the league for the majority of it. With Breno G gone and Paul McQuistan quite possibly also gone the depth is a serious issue and the rookies that filled in had issues that they may or may not be able to develop out of (wait and see on that one).

OL, OL, OL, OL. Our WR could be upgraded but I wouldn't cry if they went into next year with the same group. It all hinges on Harvin staying healthy.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unger and Okung are good offensive linemen, but those two represent just 40% of the offensive line. The other 60% who start at RG, LG and RT are arguably some of the worst starting offensive linemen in the NFL.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That line that was injured last year also just lost Breno Giacomini and Paul McQuistan. Not that neither are replaceable as both had their issues such as PM flat out sucking, but you do need bodies there. They will have to pick up a couple of guys at the very least IF they believe Bowie and Bailey are both going to be able to grow, step up, and actually be starters.

Having said that, there is still no way I'd draft an O lineman in the first round. I'd take a WR/TE or grab some crazy good athlete at another position they value highly. I'd take an O lineman in the second round, but not the first.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That line that was injured last year also just lost Breno Giacomini and Paul McQuistan. Not that neither are replaceable as both had their issues such as PM flat out sucking, but you do need bodies there. They will have to pick up a couple of guys at the very least IF they believe Bowie and Bailey are both going to be able to grow, step up, and actually be starters.

Having said that, there is still no way I'd draft an O lineman in the first round. I'd take a WR/TE or grab some crazy good athlete at another position they value highly. I'd take an O lineman in the second round, but not the first.

Why not draft a ol if there is one that stands out? The draft is said to be deep with WRs and OL.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not draft a ol if there is one that stands out? The draft is said to be deep with WRs and OL.

Because few other teams will waste picks in the first two rounds on one either meaning more of them will be around in those later rounds. I think it will be harder to find quality big physical receivers or a game changing TE at the 64th pick overall than an impact OL.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't the first pick in the draft last year a OL? Didn't see a lot of WRs go in the first round, but lots of OL
Maybe this year is different.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they should go BPA between WR and Guard/RT.
With how the draft is likely to go, there will probably be a standout that "shouldn't be there at 32" at one of the two positions. I would say go with whichever is there.
If one of those big-body, potentially elite WR's (Mike Evans[I know, no chance], Kelvin Benjamin, Jordan Matthews, Brandin Cooks [not big body, but, damn... he is awesome... he would replace Tate and better him by a mile, IMO] fall, snatch 'em.
If a Zack Martin, Cyrus Kuandjio (although he worries me), Su'a-Filo is there and none of their highest graded receivers, go that way.
I would say WR over OL (I would generally lean strongly the other way, just not this year) if it is a toss-up.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't the first pick in the draft last year a OL? Didn't see a lot of WRs go in the first round, but lots of OL
Maybe this year is different.

I think its LT that is the priority for most teams in the draft. Then RT, but quality OG and C can be had much later. I think take BPA or trade back for more picks.

I still love how this copycat league is now scrambling to build a defense like ours and what we need are the other pieces now. Plays perfectly in our favor. All the major early FA signings were defense. Still plenty of OL and WR out there to be had and the draft will be more of the same. Lots of defensive players taken earlier than usual and offensive players falling more than normal. Not Crazy falling, but just a bit more than normal.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its LT that is the priority for most teams in the draft. Then RT, but quality OG and C can be had much later. I think take BPA or trade back for more picks.

I still love how this copycat league is now scrambling to build a defense like ours and what we need are the other pieces now. Plays perfectly in our favor. All the major early FA signings were defense. Still plenty of OL and WR out there to be had and the draft will be more of the same. Lots of defensive players taken earlier than usual and offensive players falling more than normal. Not Crazy falling, but just a bit more than normal.

Tackles get picked before guards, but good guards get picked in the first also. Jonathan Cooper was picked 7th by the Cards and Kyle Long was the 20th pick by the Bears last year.

I must say it is amusing to see other teams trying to copy what the Seahawks do on defense.

Hope your right about offensive players falling a little this draft, that would work out great for the Seahawks.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see why we need to draft high for a RG or RT. Breno was a 5th round pick and sweezy was a 7th round pick converted from a DT. you need to draft high for a LT because thats why protects the qbs blindside and plays the other teams best DE and the C is what communicates with the QB so you dont end up like peyton manning on the first play of the superbowl.

I would draft a WR if we land Kelvin benjamin or allen robinson I would be so happy, if not that than somewhere on the D-Line like a DE or DT hopefully jesse williams can come back from his injury

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say trade down and get some extra picks out of it

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about trading down. Its a crap shoot between OL and the WR position. I think we're thin at both. Hopefully Bailey and Bowie pan out. What bothers me is that Okung will get hurt as usual and miss time, plus Carpenters made of glass. We need some depth all around. On the other hand, does anybody expect Harvin to play more then 6 or 7 games before he's on the sidelines? I don't. We might need a receiver more then I originally thought.