• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which Ms player(s) get off to a hot start ... who struggles?

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy I called that right....

I think last nights game surprised alot of people

I give most all hitters a Mulligan in facing Kluber. They don't give you the Cy Young because you don't know how to fool batters.

Healy showed good discipline at the plate taking pitches just off the plate.
Seager I am worried about ... he is becoming real susceptable to that down and in breaking ball from a righty and all the rest of the pitchers in the league will use it for an 'out pitch' against him until he learns to lay off it.

Haniger was mashing the ball. He looked exactly how he looked last spring when he got off to that torrid start.

Ichiro looks clueless at the plate

I am not worried about Gordon or mean Gene at all ... both proven .300 hitters when given enough at bats

Cano will play his best baseball these early spring months before his aging body starts pestering him

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he won't get that platooning, which is why I have thought he needs to play everyday in Tacoma. To me, he has the most raw skill out of any Mariners OF.
Honestly I think he should be in Tacoma too and start adding up some at bats.... He really only has 1 season in the minor leagues and some time in Cuban leagues. Thing is I want him in AAA if he isn't going to start and with the M's being committed to Ichiro it just throws a wrench into what should be happening. With the way the roster shook out I would like to see Heredia be full time in LF give him the chance to prove himself.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I give most all hitters a Mulligan in facing Kluber. They don't give you the Cy Young because you don't know how to fool batters.

Seager I am worried about ... he is becoming real susceptable to that down and in breaking ball from a righty and all the rest of the pitchers in the league will use it for an 'out pitch' against him until he learns to lay off it.

Haniger was mashing the ball. He looked exactly how he looked last spring when he got off to that torrid start.

I am not worried about Gordon or mean Gene at all ... both proven .300 hitters when given enough at bats

Cano will play his best baseball these early spring months before his aging body starts pestering him

Agree!

Seager has been frustrating to watch for awhile now IMO.. When watching his at bats everyone on earth knows what pitches are going to be thrown next, except for some reason Seager. When Seager was breaking into the league I was sure he would be more of a complete hitter with a high avg. that uses the entire field. I was way wrong he has become a very 1 dimensional hitter.

In my opinion I don't think Ichiro looks all that clueless I think he has a good handle on what pitches he is going to see but its his declining ability that is hurting him. But to be honest I am not expecting much of anything from him except a few hits that fans will be overly excited about.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure I won't be alone in this sentiment but I expect that Ichiro struggles.

For those of you who read that ESPN piece on him, the guy will play through any injury. Considering he's dealing with a nagging calf injury, I wouldn't be surprised if he should actually be on the DL and is trying to play through it.

Although I hate the signing from a purely baseball perspective, it was kind of cool to see him back in the outfield again from a purely nostalgia/symbolic perspective. For a substantial amount of time he was the lone bright spot for this franchise.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seager has had a serious tendency to be extremely inconsistent throughout the season. Guy runs really hot and cold.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think he should be in Tacoma too and start adding up some at bats.... He really only has 1 season in the minor leagues and some time in Cuban leagues. Thing is I want him in AAA if he isn't going to start and with the M's being committed to Ichiro it just throws a wrench into what should be happening. With the way the roster shook out I would like to see Heredia be full time in LF give him the chance to prove himself.

That's how I feel and why I won't feel the outrage some fans will if Heredia is sent down when Gamel is back. Heredia needs playing time, I just think platooning younger guys with talent is dumb. I get it if it's like Lind/Lee, two dudes who aren't full time starters but I think Heredia has the talent to be an everyday starter. So let him develop into it instead of pressing too much in his limited role against lefties or in last night's case PH for a guy he should be starting over.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seager has had a serious tendency to be extremely inconsistent throughout the season. Guy runs really hot and cold.

Yes he does

And Serves-shit mgr needs to move his ass down the batting order as soon as he sees he is caught up in another 3 week stretch of hitting poorly.

Just leaving him in the spot behind Cruz when he is clearly struggling is wrong on so many levels. You have to MANAGE your team and move the hotter hitter into the 3-4-5-6 hole to ensure a steady stream of runs being scored by the power hitters in your line up.

Leaving a guy in 1 spot for the entire season so you do not hurt his precious feelings is fucking retarded. When the objective is to win nightly.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 4 runs will win todays game with the Tribe. I just do not see them getting to Paxton and our bullpen should limit them to a run or less over 3 innings of work. So if our offense can throw up a 4 spot on the scoreboard somehow ... I like our chances today.

I expect to see 6 strong innings from JP and another Mariners win this afternoon ( fingers crossed )

Rolling into Sundays game with a shot at sweeping the Indians could do wonders for the teams psyche and outlook on their season.

An amazing thing sometimes happens when a ballclub starts believing in themselves. I sure would love to see that in our 2018 M's

SHIT - thought I was posting this in the gameday thread

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he does

And Serves-shit mgr needs to move his ass down the batting order as soon as he sees he is caught up in another 3 week stretch of hitting poorly.

Just leaving him in the spot behind Cruz when he is clearly struggling is wrong on so many levels. You have to MANAGE your team and move the hotter hitter into the 3-4-5-6 hole to ensure a steady stream of runs being scored by the power hitters in your line up.

Leaving a guy in 1 spot for the entire season so you do not hurt his precious feelings is fucking retarded. When the objective is to win nightly.
I'll go one further- If Seag gets into one of his every year slumps, sit him out for a game or 2 and have him work his butt off on his plate techniques for a couple pregame BP's. Yeah, his defense is pretty solid but the Motter man could fill in a day or two or three and would probably offer better offense at the same time. Servais has this thing about not wanting to "hurt" a players feelings and I think that is one of his worse qualities among a few others. He needs to manage the team to win games....period....IMO.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never had big expectations for Seager... I remember getting hounded here a few years ago for saying Seager was overrated and wasn't a top 3B in MLB... He's a solid 3B... Nothing less and nothing more...

This is one guy I do have high expectations for... I'm excited to watch him develop into a potential all star...

100% agree... Wasn't excited about the signing, even less excited now... I don't believe he warrants a roster spot personally... As some have said, it was fun cheering him on once again in Safeco, I get it... But part of me feels it's more important to win each game at this time rather than putting a guy out there each day that looks like he is well past his prime...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never had big expectations for Seager... I remember getting hounded here a few years ago for saying Seager was overrated and wasn't a top 3B in MLB... He's a solid 3B... Nothing less and nothing more...
You got hounded on this board for saying something negative? That's really tough to believe. Usually it's the opposite.