• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which hitters do I start next week/sit

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I am starting Molina(Montero was a bad play), Beltre, Desmond, Trout. I am benching Kipnis because of five days and him facing two lefties.

Will Rendon slow down this week or stay hot and put up another 20+?

I have these spots open besides 2b
1b---AGon or Singleton
OF--Byrd, Jones, Springer, Blackmon two to start
U--A Ramirez(brewers), Singleton, any of the remaining two OFs above.

AGon has road games at royals but three home games against cards(where dodgers seem to struggle with runs)
Singleton is at home all week against pitching teams braves and tigers.
Byrd is at home all week against marlins and braves
Jones is at home all week against white sox and rays(and has to face Sale but not Price)
Springer is at home all week(see Singleton)
Blackmon is at home against cards and on the road against brewers facing Miller, Lohse, and Peralta among those.
Ramirez is facing nats and rockies at home and the nats include Gio and Stras.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but I am not going to answer because you have ignored my advice all year.

You still have way too many hitters. Need. More. Pitchers.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't play fantasy baseball like you play fantasy football. If someone has a bad week or two, then so be it. You never bench Rendon, Ramirez, Adrian even through this slump. You are wasting space having bench hitters good enough to turn into better pitching.

I'm with tlance, you must capitalize on your extra hitters and turn them into better arms. And you have to try and slow down on your thinking of the weekly aspect of elite hitters. Baseball is a marathon, it's not like choosing between starting Danny Woodhead or Darren Sproles.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess I'm saying leave Aramis at UT, and leave Rendon at 2nd. Loomis should make nice trade bait. Leave Jones in every week and only bench Blackmon when they face a heavy or elite LHP.

That's what I would do.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kipnis...not Loomis. How the fuck my phone thinks that's what I meant is beyond me.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but I am not going to answer because you have ignored my advice all year.

You still have way too many hitters. Need. More. Pitchers.

I have tried all season to trade for pitchers. Nobody wants to trade value for value. And there are NO decent every week starters on FA. I have Colon streaming this week with Cueto, Greinke, Heaney, and Leake and Keuchel sitting. I'm not worried about pitching really, because I can't bring myself to bench who I am starting anyways. The reason I don't so many pitchers is because non studs to me are droppable and those guys are studs are pretty much near it sans Colon.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't play fantasy baseball like you play fantasy football. If someone has a bad week or two, then so be it. You never bench Rendon, Ramirez, Adrian even through this slump. You are wasting space having bench hitters good enough to turn into better pitching.

I'm with tlance, you must capitalize on your extra hitters and turn them into better arms. And you have to try and slow down on your thinking of the weekly aspect of elite hitters. Baseball is a marathon, it's not like choosing between starting Danny Woodhead or Darren Sproles.

:agree:

Playing lefty/righty, home/away, or any other absurd splits you can think of is just plain silly. Your putting entirely too much thought into this. In Fantasy baseball, about 80% of your lineup is set every single week. Only the fringe positions need to be thought about. Will playing those splits pay off every now and again? Yeah maybe, but you'll also kick yourself in the gonads when you bench a stud for a guy who had a better record against righties and you lose because of it.
Stop over analyzing

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I'm gonna pull that CBS thread up and post pictures of peoples teams and you be the deciders.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have tried to tell you to lose some hitters on the bench to pick up some starting pitching...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and why is it not allowing me to make pickups?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why pick up Montero, or Singleton or Byrd?

Trading is not the only way to get SPs. There are always awesome hitters available on the free agent list in these CBS leagues, but you need to show some restraint. The fact that there are so many good ones should be reason enough not to keep so many on your bench.

Drop Byrd, drop Singleton then you have a more manageable lineup and I will gladly answer your SP questions.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and why is it not allowing me to make pickups?

You can't add players? I added that Whitley guy and Young Jr. I have a four start advantage over the opponent next week plus Cole if he comes back. Idk how many relievers he has.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nos does the right top of the page say "sign in?"

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have tried all season to trade for pitchers. Nobody wants to trade value for value. And there are NO decent every week starters on FA. I have Colon streaming this week with Cueto, Greinke, Heaney, and Leake and Keuchel sitting. I'm not worried about pitching really, because I can't bring myself to bench who I am starting anyways. The reason I don't so many pitchers is because non studs to me are droppable and those guys are studs are pretty much near it sans Colon.

You my friend are crazy. Why would you sit Cueto, Greinke and even Keuchel and Heaney? Sorry to be rude but you should just quit playing fantasy baseball.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Loomis!

Waitaminnit...who the hell is Loomis? :laugh3:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You my friend are crazy. Why would you sit Cueto, Greinke and even Keuchel and Heaney? Sorry to be rude but you should just quit playing fantasy baseball.

I think he thinks its about how many starts u have
I just played a team with 12 starts to my 7 and won
Always go with your studs and maybe stream 1 or 2 pitchers:suds::suds:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am sitting Keuchel this week in one of my weekly leagues (MBBRL) because he has struggled last 2, faces the Tigers, and I have 6 other strong SP options. I get that one.

Benching Cueto, Greinke and Heaney with 2 starts is somewhere between unwise and suicidal.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First off I am starting Cueto, Greinke, Heaney. But I also started Colon and Whitley with their 2 starts and that had to bench Keuchel and Leake. Keuchel is playing the tigers in that hitters park of his, where balls fly and Keuchel's last start against the tigers was pretty bad. Also, if I had started Greinke two weeks ago against the rockies, I would have lost. Leake was originally starting this week because last time he faced giants it was at GABP and thats a hitters place compared to AT&T. I believe he will do well this week but instead I started Whitley and his 7 earned runs allowed.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not I'm sitting Keuchel and now Leake.