• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which division will be the Best division?

Only two clear choices. AFC West of NFC East

• AFC West

• NFC East

• Potato Salad with celery, bacon and tofu

Results are only viewable after voting.

gandog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if they are the best, but it's shaping up the NFCN is going to be one of the most hotly contested divisions. You have three teams 2-1, and the Bears look like they are rising. About the only reason they wont be dominating is they have to keep playing each other and somebody has to lose.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC East is NOT the best division by a long shot at this moment.

Giants are horrible, the Eagles are currently a walking MASH unit that nearly got taken apart by a putrid Giants offense and trying to find an identity on offense, Washington is not good, and neither is Dallas.

Biased much? One of the worst evaluations ever. I will just wait & see what happens in NFC-E. It won't be shocking if it is not a cakewalk & the Eagles don't run away w/ the division (NP - looks like you have plenty of excuses queued up just in case).

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biased much? One of the worst evaluations ever. I will just wait & see what happens in NFC-E. It won't be shocking if it is not a cakewalk & the Eagles don't run away w/ the division (NP - looks like you have plenty of excuses queued up just in case).

Huh?

The question was whether the NFC East is a better division than the AFC West. And it is not, by a long shot.

And nowhere did I even come close to suggest that in the current situation the Eagles will run away with the NFC East. And nowhere have I suggested they would, anyway - even when healthy.

The Giants: a bad team, as simple as that. A sub-par run defense, and an offense that is simply inept, as in fact proven yesterday. Even with an Eagles defense missing 4 of its 5 most important players for most of the game, starting a rookie and 2nd year player as its starting CB's, and one injury away from having to start a LB as safety, and the they still had to dink-and-dunk down the field.

The Eagles: as said, this defense is a MASH unit as it is, forcing them to play soft. Any half-decent offense could well pick them apart. The offense has the potential to be good, but is still unsettled. So no, in many games the Eagles should not be favoured if their health does not improve seriously.

Dallas: I think they are overrated. They won from a bad Giants team with a completely inept offense without its best player, and got completely taken apart by Denver. Zeke seems to have come back to earth, and Dak has not looked nearly as good as a result.

Washington: They might have looked better yesterday (after I wrote this), but I still do not think they are that good. I would be surprised if they can keep this up.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC East is NOT the best division by a long shot at this moment.

Giants are horrible, the Eagles are currently a walking MASH unit that nearly got taken apart by a putrid Giants offense and trying to find an identity on offense, Washington is not good, and neither is Dallas.
Agree, but I chuckled at how the other 3 teams are not good, but the Eagles are just not healthy...:lol:

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, but I chuckled at how the other 3 teams are not good, but the Eagles are just not healthy...:lol:

As it is, the team is too injured on defense (and unsettled on offense) to say if they are good. I am not aware of any of the other teams temporarily missing so many crucial players because of injury or suspension that have a chance of coming back this season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it is, the team is too injured on defense (and unsettled on offense) to say if they are good. I am not aware of any of the other teams temporarily missing so many crucial players because of injury or suspension that have a chance of coming back this season.
I'm sure they all do, but I only know Dallas so:
Scandrick starting CB was out
Awuzie nickel corner out
Moore 2 game suspension
Irving 4 game suspension
Hitchens starting MLB out 6 or 7 weeks
Carroll kind of sucks but right now starting CB out
J Lewis wasn't supposed to play week 2 because he is a rookie that has practiced twice since before preseason games and played most of the game because of above CB injuries
2 WRs not practicing but I think will play
All of the above not only have a chance but will be back barring further issues

I'm not making excuses because winning with injuries is part of the NFL and suspensions are your own damn fault. Just responding to your comment.

Dallas deserves to be 1-1. Bitch slapped the Giants week 1 and then got bent over and horribly embarrassed by Denver week 2.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awuzie nickel corner out
Moore 2 game suspension
Irving 4 game suspension
J Lewis wasn't supposed to play week 2 because he is a rookie that has practiced twice since before preseason games and played most of the game because of above CB injuries

I'm not making excuses because winning with injuries is part of the NFL and suspensions are your own damn fault. Just responding to your comment.

Dallas deserves to be 1-1. Bitch slapped the Giants week 1 and then got bent over and horribly embarrassed by Denver week 2.

He probably meant players that dont suck

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awuzie nickel corner out
Moore 2 game suspension
Irving 4 game suspension

Does not look too good for the Dallas defense either... though there is room for improvement there. The one thing that would disturb me about the Dallas offense is how Denver just hammerd them on both sides of the ball. It will be interesting what they manage to do tonight.

Frankly, before the season started I would have put the Eagles and Dallas the two best teams in the division. I simply could not fathom why everybody was so in love with the Giants. And for Washington the problem is Ed Snyder...

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFCE AFCE WOOHOO who gives a crap only team i care about is the Pats is this a college football board now:suds:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does not look too good for the Dallas defense either... though there is room for improvement there. The one thing that would disturb me about the Dallas offense is how Denver just hammerd them on both sides of the ball. It will be interesting what they manage to do tonight.

Frankly, before the season started I would have put the Eagles and Dallas the two best teams in the division. I simply could not fathom why everybody was so in love with the Giants. And for Washington the problem is Ed Snyder...
Big game for Dallas. Not necessarily whether they win or lose because even if they lose they are only 1 game back so no big deal. But if they look like they did last week, or anything close to it, that is a very bad sign. I'm not one to get too high or low off of one week, but last week was so bad that you need to take notice. I think for a team with weak DB play that missing even average type players hurts. So we may not know for a few weeks how things will shake out for them. Luckily no NFC East games for a while.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are more problems for Dallas than people think

There is a good chance Zeke is serving his suspension in 2 weeks, and Dak has proven he cannot win when he isnt set up in some nice down and distance situations...He had the lowest completion % in the NFL last season on 3rd and long...He has a lot to prove in terms of being able to carry that offense if Zeke is out or ineffective

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game for Dallas. Not necessarily whether they win or lose because even if they lose they are only 1 game back so no big deal. But if they look like they did last week, or anything close to it, that is a very bad sign. I'm not one to get too high or low off of one week, but last week was so bad that you need to take notice. I think for a team with weak DB play that missing even average type players hurts. So we may not know for a few weeks how things will shake out for them. Luckily no NFC East games for a while.

Yup, fully agree with you there (and saw it this week with the Eagles).

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are more problems for Dallas than people think

There is a good chance Zeke is serving his suspension in 2 weeks, and Dak has proven he cannot win when he isnt set up in some nice down and distance situations...He had the lowest completion % in the NFL last season on 3rd and long...He has a lot to prove in terms of being able to carry that offense if Zeke is out or ineffective
I never heard that. What was his %?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea, it was a quick comment on Francesca here a couple of weeks ago, after the Giants game
Francesa is the biggest dick on radio and hates the Cowboys.

I Just found a stat. On 3rd or 4th down and 9+ yards to go his comp % was 63.3%. Eli was 56.1%. So I'm gonna have to call BS on that one. Scroll to "by down"

Dak Prescott
Eli Manning

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Francesa is the biggest dick on radio and hates the Cowboys.

I Just found a stat. On 3rd or 4th down and 9+ yards to go his comp % was 63.3%. Eli was 56.1%. So I'm gonna have to call BS on that one. Scroll to "by down"

Dak Prescott
Eli Manning

He hates him some Dak, and is an Eli apologist only because Eli is a guest on his show

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually there is a different one that is 3rd and 11+ and it's closer

Dak is 63.3
Eli 61.5

My guess is if there is a damning stat against Dak on 3rd down and long it may be more conversion % than completion %. But that wasn't really his fault because the friggin Cowboys called screens and short passes to Witten and others that had no shot a bunch of times.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
200.webp

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL has more parity than I've ever seen, to be honest.

Patriots and Packers survived pick 6s and won so maybe they're still legit but not really world beaters. Steelers still look like they're sleepwalking. Falcons are probably still legit. Vikings, too, give or take the QB spot. Chiefs still look like the Chiefs except with a better running back. No idea what to make of the Ravens, Jaguars, Texans and Broncos. Lions and Raiders are probably good but not with championship caliber defenses. NFC East took a step back but there is a still a lot of talent in that division.

A lot of this is going down to execution, luck and health but I suspect a couple of these teams will separate themselves at some point.