• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which choke job was worse?

Which choke job was worse?

• 2014 Seahawks - Call a pass play on the goal line rather than running Marshawn Lynch, intercepted.

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • 2016 Falcons - Blow a 25 point 3rd quarter lead.

Votes: 53 82.8%
  • Neither was a choke - New England just outplayed them.

Votes: 7 10.9%

• Total voters

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st and 10 on the 22. 39 yard FG at worse if you run into the line 3 times.

The coach would tell his team there is two things you can't do. Take a sack and draw a penalty. They did both on consecutive plays. What transpired after that sick Julio Jones catch was the game.
And the penalty after the onside kick didn't help either. 3 passing plays ( long developing pass plays ) when literally all you had to do was not lose yards. Lol. Total brain freeze by Shanny. C'est la vie

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the penalty after the onside kick didn't help either. 3 passing plays ( long developing pass plays ) when literally all you had to do was not lose yards. Lol. Total brain freeze by Shanny. C'est la vie
It's easy to armchair QB.
Yes the majority of us agree that running the ball would "likely" have been the right choice.
But in Shanny's defense they ran the first one and got negative yards. Momemtum had changed. Testicles closer to the throat then when the game started. Ryan had a QBR of 114 or something crazy like that. They just had two big pass plays one to Devante a run for 1 yard and then Julio catch. % says go with what got you there. Unfortunately, ATL lived and died by the pass this year.

Playing the what if game. We don't know that ATL doesn't hold, or jump early. Or the FG gets blocked or bumbled?
If that happens now half the people are screaming for them getting too catious. Even still if Mathews doesn't hold it's a long FG attempt. NE didn't give up a 90 yard runner this entire season. They are stout against the run when they need it or set their coverage to stop the run.

Again Atlanta played a hell of a game. A lot better than I thought. Good luck in the off-season and next year.
:suds::2cents:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy to armchair QB.
Yes the majority of us agree that running the ball would "likely" have been the right choice.
But in Shanny's defense they ran the first one and got negative yards. Momemtum had changed. Testicles closer to the throat then when the game started. Ryan had a QBR of 114 or something crazy like that. They just had two big pass plays one to Devante a run for 1 yard and then Julio catch. % says go with what got you there. Unfortunately, ATL lived and died by the pass this year.

Playing the what if game. We don't know that ATL doesn't hold, or jump early. Or the FG gets blocked or bumbled?
If that happens now half the people are screaming for them getting too catious. Even still if Mathews doesn't hold it's a long FG attempt. NE didn't give up a 90 yard runner this entire season. They are stout against the run when they need it or set their coverage to stop the run.

Again Atlanta played a hell of a game. A lot better than I thought. Good luck in the off-season and next year.
:suds::2cents:
Word I get it but the only way you're out of FG range is huge losses and the only way that's happening is by passing. Plus at least you then make NE use some timeouts. I agree you can always find fault in a game plan after the fact but when something is blatantly obvious o don't think the coach deserves a pass. I blame Quinn too because he was on the Seattle staff when Carroll made his blunder. Afree the sack before 3rd down when they were still in comfortable range he should've told Shanny no passing here. Learning experience hopefully although it's tge 3rd time this year this has happened

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Atlanta got to the NE22 with 4:40 left I think 3 dives at the LOS and a FG wins the game for Atlanta.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it can.

The cognitive dissonance is amazing in this thread.

Belichek, the genius who orchestrated this latest comeback, said that Lynch wan't going to beat them on that play, and here's the dirty little secret, Marshawn had been shitty in obvious running short yardage situations for a season and a half.

Were gonna disagree on this... Lynch with the Super-Bowl on the line ? I'll take that chance and so would probably 99 percent of coaches in the league.... You had 3 chances to get 1 yard, use Lynch ... It's always gonna be known as the worst call in Super-Bowl history no matter how it's spun...

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were gonna disagree on this... Lynch with the Super-Bowl on the line ? I'll take that chance and so would probably 99 percent of coaches in the league.... You had 3 chances to get 1 yard, use Lynch ... It's always gonna be known as the worst call in Super-Bowl history no matter how it's spun...

But 99% of coaches don't agree. LOTS of coaches understand why they made the call, including Belichek.

The only two guys in the fucking stadium who knew that it was going to be a slant were Butler and Browner, and that's on Belichek and his prep and coaching. EVERYBODY else, including Belichek, and the rest of the NE bench KNEW Marshawn was going to get the ball.

Belichek (the master) wasn't going to let Lynch beat them. Lynch AGAIN, had been sucking in short yardage for a LOOOOONG time.

In hindsight, Russ should've rolled out on a naked bootleg. But you can run that same slant play 100 times, and maybe in a few you get Bulter's INTC.

Butler had to be PERFECT there, even with Lockette's tell-tale lean, and he was.

It's the 'worst play evah,' is just lazy swimming with the current thinking.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was MidnightAngel when we needed her?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is this even comparable? They gave up 28 points in about 16 minutes. That's insane.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think trying to pass on 2nd n 11 from NE's 23 yard ln was just as bad as Seattle trying to pass from the 1 yd ln. You run the ball 3 times there. Even if you lose yards all 3 times. Matt Bryant was damn near automatic far as FG kicking making 34 of 37 FG att, almost 92%, this year. You make NE burn its time outs or run down the clock and its a two score game.

Shanahan fell victim to the same thing Carroll or Bevel did. Trying to get too cute for their own good.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But 99% of coaches don't agree. LOTS of coaches understand why they made the call, including Belichek.

The only two guys in the fucking stadium who knew that it was going to be a slant were Butler and Browner, and that's on Belichek and his prep and coaching. EVERYBODY else, including Belichek, and the rest of the NE bench KNEW Marshawn was going to get the ball.

Belichek (the master) wasn't going to let Lynch beat them. Lynch AGAIN, had been sucking in short yardage for a LOOOOONG time.

In hindsight, Russ should've rolled out on a naked bootleg. But you can run that same slant play 100 times, and maybe in a few you get Bulter's INTC.

Butler had to be PERFECT there, even with Lockette's tell-tale lean, and he was.

It's the 'worst play evah,' is just lazy swimming with the current thinking.

I"m ok with a bootleg, just not a slant route.... At least with a bootleg you have several options... But I still go with Lynch, it doesn't matter if the whole world knows your going to him, announce it on the PA system, wave to Bill and say were going Lynch, and then play smash mouth football and see who wins... 11 on 11 , who's tougher.... push me or we push you .... GO!!!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think trying to pass on 2nd n 11 from NE's 23 yard ln was just as bad as Seattle trying to pass from the 1 yd ln. You run the ball 3 times there. Even if you lose yards all 3 times. Matt Bryant was damn near automatic far as FG kicking making 34 of 37 FG att, almost 92%, this year. You make NE burn its time outs or run down the clock and its a two score game.

Shanahan fell victim to the same thing Carroll or Bevel did. Trying to get too cute for their own good.

I"m totally agreeing with you.... 100 percent...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top to bottom. Coach to placekicker..... All in. Sum of the parts. Collectively.

Vast was not used anywhere in my posts.

And coming from down 25 to tie it up in no time flat tends to show some form of superiority....... If not vast......

I recognize vastly was my definition, but none the less, we agree to disagree on top to bottom.

Congrats.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry bro but you don't get off the hook with that lame assed excuse.

What about executing the plays that were called? What about the vast difference in talent level between the teams? What about the Pats D having no answer at all? I mean, I recall that you were regretful about having to say it but facts are facts. The Pats D hasn't faced a QB like Ryan.

Hey man, I was laughing the whole two weeks about it but now, you're being a pussy.

Ryan took a sack he shouldn't have and the stage just got too big for him.

Fact.