• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which Broncos QB will start the most games in 2016?

Which Broncos QB will start the most games in 2016?

• Trevor Siemian

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Mark Sanchez

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Paxton Lynch

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Someone Not Currently on the Team

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • They're better off Punting on First Down

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siemian will be the first quarterback in NFL history to start the season opener for the defending Super Bowl champion without having thrown an NFL pass. Interestingly enough, his college stats are pretty awful but he does kinda look like that guy from Scrubs.

Mark Sanchez? Not sure butt fumble is making the roster but there is a track record of a defense carrying him to the playoffs so....who knows?

It has to be Paxton Lynch, right?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubiak is going to bring in Matt Schaub and then the Broncos will repeat as Super Bowl Champions, proving once and for all that Houston sports has a curse on it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I have to think it will be Paxton Lynch. Coaches have been bragging every chance they get about how fast this kid is picking everything up and how they are working hard to have him ready right now to go in. To me all of it depends how Siemian does for the first 3 games. He has been given a pretty tough hand though. The first 3 games are against pretty tough opponents or at least perceived tough opponents. Honestly it could be our hardest 3 game stretch of the season. Then you throw in that any time a team uses a 1st round pick on a QB they want to use the new toy as soon as possible. So Siemian is going to have to really do well and the team come out of those first 3 games with a winning record in order for him to keep his job in my opinion. Even then the leash will still be pretty short.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oooh, good question. Ideally Siemian is the poor man's Alex Smith he was advertised as in camp; takes safe throws, doesn't turn the ball over, etc. In that scenario, the defense is capable of doing the heavy lifting, and Siemian will start the whole season. That will give Lynch a redshirt year, which I think will be good for him.

However, if things go south for the offense, I could see them making the switch to Lynch. Week 5 against the Falcons would be a good game for him to make his debut. I'm very interested to see how Lynch plays tonight; if he plays well, Siemain's hold on the job may be short lived. If he struggles, it will buy Siemian some more time.

I think Sanchez is done with the Broncos. He didn't play last week and isn't expected to play tonight. I think Denver will cut him to save money and a draft pick and pick up a free agent qb. Don't be surprised if they bring in TJ Yates.

Since you allowed us to vote for 2, I hedged my bet and picked both Siemian and Lynch.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubiak is going to bring in Matt Schaub and then the Broncos
Don't give my hopes up. I'd probably cry tears of joy if he ever got signed.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I have to think it will be Paxton Lynch. Coaches have been bragging every chance they get about how fast this kid is picking everything up and how they are working hard to have him ready right now to go in. To me all of it depends how Siemian does for the first 3 games. He has been given a pretty tough hand though. The first 3 games are against pretty tough opponents or at least perceived tough opponents. Honestly it could be our hardest 3 game stretch of the season. Then you throw in that any time a team uses a 1st round pick on a QB they want to use the new toy as soon as possible. So Siemian is going to have to really do well and the team come out of those first 3 games with a winning record in order for him to keep his job in my opinion. Even then the leash will still be pretty short.
I think he'll get at least 4 unless he really turns out awful. But anything less than 2-2 in those first 4 games and I think they'll go to Lynch against the Falcons.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oooh, good question. Ideally Siemian is the poor man's Alex Smith he was advertised as in camp; takes safe throws, doesn't turn the ball over, etc. In that scenario, the defense is capable of doing the heavy lifting, and Siemian will start the whole season. That will give Lynch a redshirt year, which I think will be good for him.

However, if things go south for the offense, I could see them making the switch to Lynch. Week 5 against the Falcons would be a good game for him to make his debut. I'm very interested to see how Lynch plays tonight; if he plays well, Siemain's hold on the job may be short lived. If he struggles, it will buy Siemian some more time.

I think Sanchez is done with the Broncos. He didn't play last week and isn't expected to play tonight. I think Denver will cut him to save money and a draft pick and pick up a free agent qb. Don't be surprised if they bring in TJ Yates.

Since you allowed us to vote for 2, I hedged my bet and picked both Siemian and Lynch.

A quarterback Kubiak knows. Would not be a bad idea at all.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would probably be better off with the butt fumbler, because of his level of experience. He has had some good games, problem is he is prone to screw it up when you expect it least. Maybe if they put a tight leash on him it could work.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very good article for you to read on why Siemian is not the dink and dunk QB that so many make him out to be...

Mythbusting: Is Trevor Siemian a dink-and-dunk QB?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all this time??? Well...you will always have the memories.

:suds:

Honestly everything I have seen on Sanchez suggests he is a really good guy. He does great within the community. He is a great locker room guy. He is great with the media. Problem is QB wise he just doesn't work. He has glimpses of greatness. We would hear everyday from camp that Sanchez would have this incredible throw for a touchdown but then would follow it up with a pick-6. With the Broncos defense the way it is the Broncos really need a QB that isn't going to cost them the game not necessarily one that will go out and win a game for you.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a sub 60% accuracy guy coming out of college. No way is he a dink and dunker.

Well I would read the article and I would be careful to read too much into his college numbers. Since we drafted him I have gone back and watched some of his games. Now while he isn't the perfect QB by any means he really was surrounded by terrible talent. I watched in one game his WR's drop 3 touchdowns where he hit them in stride deep down the sideline to then have them drop it. I think in one game I counted 8 dropped passes total where he hit them in the numbers. That is not including the questionable ones that hit them in the hands but they had a defender right on them making it a bit tougher.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would read the article and I would be careful to read too much into his college numbers. Since we drafted him I have gone back and watched some of his games. Now while he isn't the perfect QB by any means he really was surrounded by terrible talent. I watched in one game his WR's drop 3 touchdowns where he hit them in stride deep down the sideline to then have them drop it. I think in one game I counted 8 dropped passes total where he hit them in the numbers. That is not including the questionable ones that hit them in the hands but they had a defender right on them making it a bit tougher.
Its possible that he got a really raw deal in college but he'd still be the least likely starter in major sports in recent memory.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its possible that he got a really raw deal in college but he'd still be the least likely starter in major sports in recent memory.

Oh I agree with that. Honestly before training camp even when Bronco fans had heard he did really well in OTA's I was one of those saying the kid had no chance. It is why I still right now am so hesitant about him being our starter. I'm coming around to it more and more as we get closer to the season as really I have no other choice at this time but just have no clue what to expect from any of our QB's. Now I do know the Broncos are in heavy negotiations with both the Cowboys and the Vikings to trade Sanchez so I doubt he is even on the Broncos after tomorrow.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly everything I have seen on Sanchez suggests he is a really good guy. He does great within the community. He is a great locker room guy. He is great with the media. Problem is QB wise he just doesn't work. He has glimpses of greatness. We would hear everyday from camp that Sanchez would have this incredible throw for a touchdown but then would follow it up with a pick-6. With the Broncos defense the way it is the Broncos really need a QB that isn't going to cost them the game not necessarily one that will go out and win a game for you.

He's a great guy. We had a poor man's Mark Sanchez in Baltimore for years. His name was Kyle Boller. Great guy, hard worker, glimpses of fantastic talent, but mostly just pure frustration.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you forgotten Matt Cassel? At least Siemian played in college.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch starting at some point this year seems increasingly inevitable. If Denver starts slow it'll happen quicker than people think. Teddy and Bortles got their redshirt year tossed very quickly.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree with that. Honestly before training camp even when Bronco fans had heard he did really well in OTA's I was one of those saying the kid had no chance. It is why I still right now am so hesitant about him being our starter. I'm coming around to it more and more as we get closer to the season as really I have no other choice at this time but just have no clue what to expect from any of our QB's. Now I do know the Broncos are in heavy negotiations with both the Cowboys and the Vikings to trade Sanchez so I doubt he is even on the Broncos after tomorrow.

You weren't the only one. lol... I feel like he's done enough to earn the job with Sanchez still not protecting the football.

Tough tough start to the season for him.. I voted Lynch but might be changing that with a week 11 bye. That might be the change spot if he isn't playing well or the team is struggling. He'd really have to crap the bed for them to make the change during a non-bye week I think.