• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where's the dude that kept saying Stanley Johnson is overrated?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elijah I think it was? HAHAHAHA.

Man, not only is he not overrated, but he has lived up to the hype and then some. Kid is going to be a star in the NBA. Mark my words. He's an absolute man-child.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I was just thinking tonight about how the Elijah call out was going to come soon.

Sure enough, there is a thread immediately.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah man, SJ is doing some big league moves these days. Jesus, not to take anything away from his other games, but damn, his move to the hoop was like a freight train... only to finish with the touch of a father holding his newborn. Amazing.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 foot 7 245 lbs on a frosh doesn't come around too often. He'll be a lotto pick. Arizona just gonna reload anyway. Miller and Calipari are in a league of their own recruiting wise.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought Stanley Johnson was in debt up to his eyeballs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 foot 7 245 lbs on a frosh doesn't come around too often. He'll be a lotto pick. Arizona just gonna reload anyway. Miller and Calipari are in a league of their own recruiting wise.

Lotto pick? Try top 5. Maybe even 2-4 range. He might be the most talented player behind Okafor this year.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lotto pick? Try top 5. Maybe even 2-4 range. He might be the most talented player behind Okafor this year.

Well yeah top 5 is still lotto. Raw talent is undeniable. As much as I loved Gordon Stanleys upside is much greater.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah top 5 is still lotto. Raw talent is undeniable. As much as I loved Gordon Stanleys upside is much greater.

Yeah, Stanley will be a much better pro than AG. Gordon is a better defender and more athletic, but Stan's game translates to the NBA perfectly. He has the ability to average around 20-8 per game in his prime.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Stanley will be a much better pro than AG. Gordon is a better defender and more athletic, but Stan's game translates to the NBA perfectly. He has the ability to average around 20-8 per game in his prime.

Last night as stanley took the ball on a fast break and (smartly) pulled up because it was the type of situation that, as recently as last week, he would have barreled to the hole and got a charge called against him even though it was clearly a block (how many times has this happened to him this year???), I thought "MAN HE IS GOING TO LOVE THE NBA".

He will be so dangerous on the break with that body, speed, and touch. God he's fun to watch and he's figuring out everything but how to avoid the ticky-tack fouls. Hopefully by March all he has to figure out is how to best cut a net down.....twice

elijah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,097.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still here, and I'm eating up my words.

Dude kicked it into a whole nother gear when conference play opened, looking damn good.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Okafor and Russell you can say that Johnson is having the next best freshman season. I'm not sure if he'll go in the top 5 especially if everybody we think will come out. And don't forget about Mudiay and the other international prospects who could go in the top 5 ahead of him.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Okafor and Russell you can say that Johnson is having the next best freshman season. I'm not sure if he'll go in the top 5 especially if everybody we think will come out. And don't forget about Mudiay and the other international prospects who could go in the top 5 ahead of him.

Yeah he's real good but I think you are right in that Top 5 may be unlikely. Russell is also just a goddamn freak. Shame he came the one year that OSU as a whole is kind of down.

But I think a lot of bigs and then Mudiay are probably going to take over the top 5.

I see Okafor, Towns, Mudiay and Callie-Stein all as near locks to be top 5 picks. No chance the Wolves don't take one of the UK big me.

The other top 5 pick is up for grabs. I could def see Robinson or Russell being the other though.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he's real good but I think you are right in that Top 5 may be unlikely. Russell is also just a goddamn freak. Shame he came the one year that OSU as a whole is kind of down.

But I think a lot of bigs and then Mudiay are probably going to take over the top 5.

I see Okafor, Towns, Mudiay and Callie-Stein all as near locks to be top 5 picks. No chance the Wolves don't take one of the UK big me.

The other top 5 pick is up for grabs. I could def see Robinson or Russell being the other though.

I disagree, I've never once seen Cauley-Stein listed as a top 5 pick. Everyone else, for sure. But no way he is top 5. Just doesn't have the offensive ability to be drafted that high. What works in college won't work quite the same in the NBA in regard to lots and lots and LOTS of put-backs on offense.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like someone who may be in the running for #2 overall.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, I've never once seen Cauley-Stein listed as a top 5 pick. Everyone else, for sure. But no way he is top 5. Just doesn't have the offensive ability to be drafted that high. What works in college won't work quite the same in the NBA in regard to lots and lots and LOTS of put-backs on offense.

I havn't seen a draft board with him not in the top 5 lol.

Maybe no Callie Stein(since my phone butchered the spelling :L)

He is a big time draft pick.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I havn't seen a draft board with him not in the top 5 lol.

Maybe no Callie Stein(since my phone butchered the spelling :L)

He is a big time draft pick.

I'm certainly not saying SJ is a lock for top 5, although I think he continues to play himself there.

I'm also not saying anything about the quality of this mock draft, but it was literally the first one that came up when I googled it:
2015 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net

At least this one is closer, WCS is #6
DraftExpress: Mock Draft

HoopsHype - NBA Draft 2015

WCS is, IMO, right up there for POY because he is so important for kentucky. But he is a junior with a very low offensive ceiling. I just don't think there's any chance he ends up in the top 5 on draft night

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm certainly not saying SJ is a lock for top 5, although I think he continues to play himself there.

I'm also not saying anything about the quality of this mock draft, but it was literally the first one that came up when I googled it:
2015 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net

At least this one is closer, WCS is #6
DraftExpress: Mock Draft

HoopsHype - NBA Draft 2015

WCS is, IMO, right up there for POY because he is so important for kentucky. But he is a junior with a very low offensive ceiling. I just don't think there's any chance he ends up in the top 5 on draft night

Yeah after I said that I went and looked. I saw the 15 one but that site is almost always off when I use it.

Otherwise I see him in 3-5 in just about everything. Those two 6s have Turner going to the wolves and someone else which just aint happening so that would move him into top 5.

If Towns is gone(meaning Wolves don't get 2nd pick) I think they go Cauley-Stein forsure. And I could see a handful of others doing it too.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I agree that SJ has an excellent chance to go top 5. I would take him on my team if I had the chance.

I think he has a little less upside than Wiggins but Wiggins went 1st overall so SJ is def 3-5 worthy. Same with Russell.

My first post I typed too quick and used poor choice saying he's "unlikely" meant hes unlikely as a lock. Since I think him/Russell are are similar picks and it depends if teams want to snag those damn foreigners.