• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where is the thread about Durant failing in the 4th quarter?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron chickened out... period. He KNEW he wasn't good enough to be the-man every night, so he left a 60+ win / #1 seed team (that was favored by many to win it all in 2010 after adding 20-PPG Scorer Jamison) to join forces with -2- other franchise stars in their absolute primes.

He had MORE THAN ENOUGH to win in Cleveland, especially when you consider how weak the EC has been the last 5-6 + years.

(FTR: Jordan won 3 straight Championships with only 1 HOF / All Star teammate)... LeBron plays alongside 3 future HOF teammates in a much weaker conference than what Jordan faced circa 91-93. Kobe too, went up against vastly superior competition than what James / Heat have faced. Just sayin'.)

You forgot they have to play the West in the Finals dumbass. Lebron would have had to average 50/15/12 every game of every Finals series and pray he would win. Did the series against SA show you nothing? What a RetardedKitchen. :laugh3:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He bailed on scubs.

Shaq and Z played one more season and retired
Anthony Parker played 2 more seasons for Cavs and retired
Mo Williams was traded following season and has been a bench player ever since
Jamison played 2 more seasons with Cavs and has come off the bench ever since.

Favored doesn't mean shit if you don't win it all.

Like I said....KITTEN = RUINED.

He frequently gets his ass handed to him I see. :laugh3:

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with all of this. However, you make a point that I don't think you realize you made that illustrates why Lebron will never surpass MJ as GOAT. There was never any question with MJ as to who the leader was (including on the Dream Team). Everyone deferred to MJ because he wouldn't accept anything else. You would never have seen the Bulls lose a finals because MJ was deferring to a teammate as happened with Lebron and D-Wade in 2010.

to answer something you said to me... Lebron has lost 2 finals. MJ never did. MJ also has been swept out of the playoffs in the first round. MJ lost plenty of times in the playoffs. I agree with you that there are people out there who use the finals record as a guage. I just dont understanding the thinking that losing in the finals somehow makes it worse than someone who didnt get there.

during dream team with michael in 1992. he was already taking over the league. Bird was in his bad back days. Magic was just happy someone would play basketball with him. There was no question he was the leader because of the time of dream team. put that same dream team together in 1988 and i bet you dont get such a clear cut leader.

I disagree that lebron deferred to Wade in the finals in 2011. Wade certainly played better. was the leading scorer of that finals. lebron flat out disappeared at times. he played awesome in the ECF that vs the bulls. something happened there. what happened i dont know. maybe lebron had something personal going on in his life. it's hard for me to still wrap my head around his play that finals. as talented as he is. perhaps some credit should be given to the Mavs. Jordan is still the goat. For now. Lebron may never pass him. He may. Lebron's book is still open. But what if Lebron comes back with 6 or 7 rings. All-time leading scorer. More assists than Jordan.. more boards.. more blocks. 7 MVPs... all these things are possible. He may also end his career with 2 rings and 4 mvps and 5 lost finals.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot they have to play the West in the Finals dumbass. Lebron would have had to average 50/15/12 every game of every Finals series and pray he would win. Did the series against SA show you nothing? What a RetardedKitchen. :laugh3:

LeChickenLittle couldn't lead back-to-back 60+ win / #1 seed teams to the Finals because he wasn't good enough to be the-man every night... that's why he ran like a coward to Miami fool.

That you can't handle the facts is your problem, yellow-belly.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back-to-back 60+ win / #1 seed teams is what LeChickenLittle walked away from cupcake... and had he returned (with a couple tweaks to the roster) there is no reason in the world to think the Cavs wouldn't have been favorites to win it all again in 2011 (just like they were in 2010, until LeBron laid monumental eggs in Games 4 and 5 of the Semi's).

Did you get that last part?

"LeBron" laid monumental eggs in Games 4 and 5 when his Cavs were up 2-1 in the series. "LeBron", as the supposed best player in the game, failed to lead his team past a lower-seeded team... then he bolted for Miami because he knew he didn't have what it took to step-up and be the-man on a nightly basis (as he himself admitted).

So again... no comparing MJ the GOAT to LeBron the Chicken.
A couple tweeks in the roster is what they try to do for the 7yrs he was there. History proves that Cleveland has never (from what I can find) signed a legit good to great free agent since their inception. There's a reason for that and that's because it's not an attractive city to play nor does it have any history other than a handful of seasons before James was drafted and before he was born.

James had a bad game 5 (not sure why you keep saying game 4) You think MJ never had a bad game in the playoffs and the slack wasn't picked up elsewhere?

1993 Game 3 against the Knicks ECF. MJ laid a major egg shooting 3-18 scoring 22pts and going 16-17 from the line. Bulls won by 20 because Pippen, Paxson and Armstrong were able to pick up the slack. LeBron never had that kind of help.

It's funny you say James is closer to Pippen. If you actually thought that were the case.... then you wouldn't spend so much time trolling James and posting about every move he makes.

As you being a Jordan homer, your major concern for LeBron is understood.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple tweeks in the roster is what they try to do for the 7yrs he was there. History proves that Cleveland has never (from what I can find) signed a legit good to great free agent since their inception. There's a reason for that and that's because it's not an attractive city to play nor does it have any history other than a handful of seasons before James was drafted and before he was born.

James had a bad game 5 (not sure why you keep saying game 4) You think MJ never had a bad game in the playoffs and the slack wasn't picked up elsewhere?

1993 Game 3 against the Knicks ECF. MJ laid a major egg shooting 3-18 scoring 22pts and going 16-17 from the line. Bulls won by 20 because Pippen, Paxson and Armstrong were able to pick up the slack. LeBron never had that kind of help.

It's funny you say James is closer to Pippen. If you actually thought that were the case.... then you wouldn't spend so much time trolling James and posting about every move he makes.

As you being a Jordan homer, your major concern for LeBron is understood.

Yes... a team that wins 66 and 61 games as the #1 seed two -2- straight years needs only a couple tweaks of the roster to remain a legit contender for the Championship (unless that team experiences a complete break-up, like the 98-99 Bulls... but clearly that wouldn't have been the case with the Cavs, as the core of LeBron, Williams, Varejao, Gibson, Hickson, Jamison, et al would have all returned in 2011).

As for James, he went 7-18 from the field (39%) with 7 Turnovers in Game 4's loss (scoring only 5 points in the 4th Quarter of a two-point game heading into the quarter)... he blew chunks in Games 4 and 5, allowing the Celtics to come back from a 2-1 deficit and prompting the ENTIRE NBA WORLD to speculate that he gave up on the Cavs... don't pretend you don't remember that either.

Point is LeBron had as much to do with the 2010 Cavs getting beat (by a lower-seed) as any of his teammates... and THAT is why James skipped town: He knew he didn't have what it takrd to be "the-man" night-in-night-out.

Getting back to my very first point on this thread, THAT is why LeShortCut will never deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Jordan. MJ embraced that role... he lived to be the guy who carries the team on his back when all the marbles are on the line while LeBron defers to teammates.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to answer something you said to me... Lebron has lost 2 finals. MJ never did. MJ also has been swept out of the playoffs in the first round. MJ lost plenty of times in the playoffs. I agree with you that there are people out there who use the finals record as a guage. I just dont understanding the thinking that losing in the finals somehow makes it worse than someone who didnt get there.

And Lebron has not only lost in the finals, he's been swept out of them. It's about finishing. Once MJ started getting to the finals, he never lost. Lebron and Kobe both did. Whether you and I think that's right or not, it does seem to be what many think and part of why most don't think either can surpass MJ as GOAT.

during dream team with michael in 1992. he was already taking over the league. Bird was in his bad back days. Magic was just happy someone would play basketball with him. There was no question he was the leader because of the time of dream team. put that same dream team together in 1988 and i bet you dont get such a clear cut leader.

Actually, not entirely true. While Magic had retired due to HIV, he was still at the top of his game (or very close to it) and wasn't willing to relinquish the leader role to MJ. The Dream Team was actually divided. It was a game amongst the Dream Teamers (Team Magic vs. Team Michael) that settled it.

I disagree that lebron deferred to Wade in the finals in 2011. Wade certainly played better. was the leading scorer of that finals. lebron flat out disappeared at times. he played awesome in the ECF that vs the bulls. something happened there. what happened i dont know. maybe lebron had something personal going on in his life. it's hard for me to still wrap my head around his play that finals. as talented as he is. perhaps some credit should be given to the Mavs. Jordan is still the goat. For now. Lebron may never pass him. He may. Lebron's book is still open. But what if Lebron comes back with 6 or 7 rings. All-time leading scorer. More assists than Jordan.. more boards.. more blocks. 7 MVPs... all these things are possible. He may also end his career with 2 rings and 4 mvps and 5 lost finals.

Lebron flat out disappearing at times in the finals is what I mean about deferring. He spent most of those 4th quarters standing off to the side, watching D-Wade. That is deferring and that is the biggest difference between MJ and Lebron. MJ would never have allowed that. The biggest reason that the Heat have won the last 2 titles is because D-Wade and Lebron figured out that the Heat are at their best with Lebron in the lead role. Unfortunately, they had to lose their first finals together to figure that out.

MJ wouldn't have had to lose a finals to figure that out.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeChickenLittle couldn't lead back-to-back 60+ win / #1 seed teams to the Finals because he wasn't good enough to be the-man every night... that's why he ran like a coward to Miami fool.

That you can't handle the facts is your problem, yellow-belly.

He did do just that and led a scrub team to the Finals. That was a Herculean effort on his part and no one else has had to do it except maybe AI. Face it you are just mad because you are a secretly scorned Cavs fan masquerading as a Bulls fan. Neither Kobe nor MJ made it to the Finals without a side kick or a damn good team or both. Lebron has you wrapped around his little finger. No wonder you are so emotional about his success. :laugh3:

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha ha - until he surpasses Kobe in number of rings, LeClown is still looking up at Kobe

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha ha - until he surpasses Kobe in number of rings, LeClown is still looking up at Kobe

Lebron is taller and better than Kobe. Kobe is always going to be looking up literally and figuratively at Lebron. Kobe would have to come back this year and lead the Lakers to at least the Finals before I would consider him even in Lebrons class.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what you got outta that sentence...?

Yes. Unlike some I see Pippen as the ultimate teammate that could have done more individually but sacrificed that to win rings. IOW its not a bad thing.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Unlike some I see Pippen as the ultimate teammate that could have done more individually but sacrificed that to win rings. IOW its not a bad thing.

Pippen reminded me a lot of James Worthy with the Showtime Lakers. If he had played on virtually any other team in the league, he likely would have won some scoring titles and maybe even a couple of MVP's. Instead, he took a little lesser role with the Lakers and won rings.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasnt Pippen also one of the best defenders to ever play?

I honestly cant think of anyone better with more of an affect on the game defensively than Pippen. He could render whatever side of the court he was on a no pass zone. He made the Bulls go on the defensive end and played MJs backup on the offensive end and when MJ was not in the game.