• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Lakers go from here...?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't keep Randle AND sign PG and James. Financially impossible.

Not true. Depends on how flexible the salary demands of PG and James are. Are they going to demand the max to the point of pricing out a team they want to go to?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Celtics can take care of business. What scares me is Kendrick Perkins could have the game of his life tonight. Which would spell doom for the good guys in green.

Were the Celtics aware there was a game Saturday night, not a walk-through? Well, it became a walk-through anyway...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only value of Brook and Thomas for the Lakers would be as short term cap space holders. I don't know if I can take another season of watching Brook continuously take 3s or Isaiah getting destroyed on defense.
Isaiah produced points coming off the bench - you only need him as a reserve and he is plenty good for that - you have Lonzo Ball as your starter and he will improve.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were the Celtics aware there was a game Saturday night, not a walk-through? Well, it became a walk-through anyway...

Yeah they got their asses kicked. Hopefully that doesn't happen again tonight.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Lakers, IT averaged 15 ppg, 5 assists and 2 rebounds. His rebounding is extremely weak, but can be worked on.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isaiah produced points coming off the bench - you only need him as a reserve and he is plenty good for that - you have Lonzo Ball as your starter and he will improve.

He also is butthurt from losing his max deal. He's not looking for a reserve role or appropriate contract.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Lakers, IT averaged 15 ppg, 5 assists and 2 rebounds. His rebounding is extremely weak, but can be worked on.

The dude is only slightly taller than a garden gnome. Of course his rebounding isn't going to be great.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do people just want to be mad these days?

Agree with Jabari.

Lakers general manager Rob Pelinka told The Times on Friday that the Lakers' front office is constantly in touch with Julius Randle's representatives, and there has been "a mutual exchange of interest and hoping that we can work something out for both sides."

Randle's camp is unsure of how mutual the interest has been.

"We still have no indication of where Julius stands among the Lakers' priorities, or if he is a priority at all," Randle's agent Aaron Mintz said Saturday in response to Pelinka's comments. "We are looking forward to the marketplace in July, when we will get a clear picture of Julius' future."

It's interesting to see Randle's agent not only disagree with Pelinka's statement but publicly tell everyone that he's looking forward to July. It sounds like Randle's side has no interest in reaching a deal before the July 1 deadline and he wants to explore what he can get in the free-agent market.

Julius Randle may not be a priority for the Lakers so his agent hints he'll explore free agency

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do people just want to be mad these days?

Agree with Jabari.

Lakers general manager Rob Pelinka told The Times on Friday that the Lakers' front office is constantly in touch with Julius Randle's representatives, and there has been "a mutual exchange of interest and hoping that we can work something out for both sides."

Randle's camp is unsure of how mutual the interest has been.

"We still have no indication of where Julius stands among the Lakers' priorities, or if he is a priority at all," Randle's agent Aaron Mintz said Saturday in response to Pelinka's comments. "We are looking forward to the marketplace in July, when we will get a clear picture of Julius' future."

It's interesting to see Randle's agent not only disagree with Pelinka's statement but publicly tell everyone that he's looking forward to July. It sounds like Randle's side has no interest in reaching a deal before the July 1 deadline and he wants to explore what he can get in the free-agent market.

Julius Randle may not be a priority for the Lakers so his agent hints he'll explore free agency

Heard about this on the way home and thought pretty much verbatim what Jabari said.

I would love to see the Lakers work something out with Randle. But they are going to have slots for 2 max FA's. So, like it or not, he's, at best, #3 on their list of priorities. Maybe #4 if they think they have a legit shot at trading for Kawhi.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard about this on the way home and thought pretty much verbatim what Jabari said.

I would love to see the Lakers work something out with Randle. But they are going to have slots for 2 max FA's. So, like it or not, he's, at best, #3 on their list of priorities. Maybe #4 if they think they have a legit shot at trading for Kawhi.
Rumor on Lakers Nation says Mavs will offer him a Max contract - and considering how desparate they are to become relevant - and quite frankly - I think Randle would take that deal

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor on Lakers Nation says Mavs will offer him a Max contract - and considering how desparate they are to become relevant - and quite frankly - I think Randle would take that deal
The Lakers had 4 very high picks after 5 years of being terrible

Russell
Randle
Ingram
Ball.

Russell is gone- tied to Mozgov to get rid of that terrible contract. Randle looks like he might go in free agency.

5 years of being bad and Ingram, Ball, Kuzma to show for it if Randle leaves is not exactly ideal.

Say the Lakers get Paul George- but dont get LeBron---- would you even want the Lakers to resign Randle for a 15-20 a year? I dont think I would if i were a Lakers fans. Id keep the cap space in my back pocket and home for Klay or Kawhi next year.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Russell
Randle
Ingram
Ball.

Russell is gone- tied to Mozgov to get rid of that terrible contract. Randle looks like he might go in free agency.

5 years of being bad and Ingram, Ball, Kuzma to show for it if Randle leaves is not exactly ideal.

Say the Lakers get Paul George- but dont get LeBron---- would you even want the Lakers to resign Randle for a 15-20 a year? I dont think I would if i were a Lakers fans. Id keep the cap space in my back pocket and home for Klay or Kawhi next year.
I think if you can resign Randle for up to 15 million, yes, but not more. No question that the former management made some terrible moves. It cost Russell to dump Mozgov, but the Lakers could match any qualifying offer and then do a sign and trade to get something back in return. One thing for sure I feel better about the Lakers future. I think making the playoffs next year looks promising.

FYI - I am not sold on LeBron coming to the Lakers and I don't think it would be a disaster if the Lakers don't sign Paul George - At this point the Lakers are getting better and it's the matter of time for when quality agents will talk to the team - Especially with a winner like Magic Johnson in charge

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if you can resign Randle for up to 15 million, yes, but not more. No question that the former management made some terrible moves. It cost Russell to dump Mozgov, but the Lakers could match any qualifying offer and then do a sign and trade to get something back in return. One thing for sure I feel better about the Lakers future. I think making the playoffs next year looks promising.

FYI - I am not sold on LeBron coming to the Lakers and I don't think it would be a disaster if the Lakers don't sign Paul George - At this point the Lakers are getting better and it's the matter of time for when quality agents will talk to the team - Especially with a winner like Magic Johnson in charge

The Mavs (or somebody comparable) are going to offer Randle a max contract at 12:01 on July 1st. They will force the Lakers to decide on Randle before they even have a chance at LeBron.

You aren't getting Randle for $15 million.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He'd be foolish not to.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Russell
Randle
Ingram
Ball.

Ingram, Ball, Kuzma and Hart are actually a good haul. Teams have been worse for longer and not gotten as much.

I felt like Russell was miscast as a point guard. When he was at his best with the Lakers, Luke had him playing the 2.

Unfortunately, Randle is caught up in a numbers game thanks to the stupidity of Short Buss.

Hard to say. On the one hand, he really improved this past season and looks like a potential 20/10 guy. On the other hand, I'm always wary of big numbers in a contract year. Randle doesn't seem like the kind of guy to get fat and happy, but you never know.

If he plays well though, the Lakers can always trade him or maybe they won't want to. The risk is, if he does get fat and happy, they're stuck.

End of the day though, cap space is very valuable, so they would probably be best served to just let him walk and save the space.