• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When will Lebron pass Jordan?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t Michael Jordan get his dad killed because of his gambling debts?

Yeah MJ couldn't afford to pay off the mob so they killed his dad instead. All while letting Jordan keep his money.

Delonte West still banging Lebrons mom?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of that is true, dont dis-agree.........But Kyrie Irving was really his only great sidekick, and he would have missed this postseason again with an injury for Cleveland or Boston

But I agree, Lebron the GM isnt good, he should stick to playing

Still.. young PG helps you win a title in Cleveland, then the year after the Finals loss you shop him?

Thats some loyalty right there

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably didn’t keep his money, though. He probably paid up after that right quick.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron passes Kareem Abdul-Jabbar for most playoff field goals made

James is now first in NBA playoff history in points, field goals made, steals, free throws made and minutes. He is second in 3-pointers made and third in playoff assists.

"I think it's pretty cool," James said. "You hear the scoring, the field goals made, and for a kid that really doesn't care much about scoring."

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say they wouldn't be better.

I said they wouldn't be much better. Big difference.

I talked to a couple friends who are Celtic fans and they both said the ball movement is much better with Rozier. You also gravely underestimate the impact Smart and Morris have defensively.

With all those guys heathy, it means fewer minutes for key guys who have been the heart and soul of this run. And we are talking about Kyrie and Hayward here. Both are allstars. Neither has had the impact of a truly elite player. Both are very nice pieces, not franchise cornerstones.

You undervalue Hayward IMO.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel that Lebron is the greatest athlete to ever play the game and Jordan was the greatest skilled player to ever play the game.

Agreed. Lebron's physical gifts at his size are unparalleled IMO, even in comparison to someone like Magic (who never had Lebron's strength and build, just the height and agility).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many on here at tHoop forget about defense. So has the most of the NBA until about April.

Interesting stat... back in the 80s/90s you had 3-5 teams averaging over 100 a game per year. Today? Almost the entire NBA averages over 100.

It's went to crazy physical in the 80s to man physical in the 90s and now the refs are way too involved and give out too many flagrants IMO.

The sport was never intended to be a competition of strength but it has evolved (devolved?) into that. These days, the scoring explosion is due to early shots (often threes) that would've been considered awful shots prior to the Warriors' emergence.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can.

Jordan was a freak athlete too. His overall skill level is probably pretty similar to LeBron's.

Most skilled players ever are guys like Steph Curry, Steve Nash, maybe even James Harden. At least the first two are below average NBA athletes and they have multiple MVP awards. Larry Bird is in that category too. All those guys were definitely more "skilled" than both MJ and LeBron.

Jordan was an exceptional athlete. No question about that.

IMO, Curry and Nash and Harden, to a lesser extent, are/were exceptionally skilled shooters. But not necessarily exceptionally skilled in all aspects of the game. Jordan's ability to create magical shots around the rim was more about his skill than athleticism.

Don't get me wrong. His athleticism is part of what allowed him to do some of his circus shots but it was his skill that got the ball in the basket..

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan was an exceptional athlete. No question about that.

IMO, Curry and Nash and Harden, to a lesser extent, are/were exceptionally skilled shooters. But not necessarily exceptionally skilled in all aspects of the game. Jordan's ability to create magical shots around the rim was more about his skill than athleticism.

Don't get me wrong. His athleticism is part of what allowed him to do some of his circus shots but it was his skill that got the ball in the basket..

I am not saying Jordan wan't very skilled, he was.

But Nash, Curry and Harden are better shooters, better passers, and better ball handlers than Jordan was. There are plenty of guys with more complete skill sets.

However, nobody combines skill and athelticism better than Jordan. LeBron being the only one close, IMO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You undervalue Hayward IMO.

He is good.

But Utah is significantly better this season than they were last and Boston hasn't missed a beat.

He will help their depth for sure. But he isn't their best player, and may not be their 4th best player. I have seen no evidence of Hayward being the type of player capable of elevating a team.

Boston should be better next year, but more because of continued growth of young players than the addition of Hayward.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is good.

But Utah is significantly better this season than they were last and Boston hasn't missed a beat.

He will help their depth for sure. But he isn't their best player, and may not be their 4th best player. I have seen no evidence of Hayward being the type of player capable of elevating a team.

Boston should be better next year, but more because of continued growth of young players than the addition of Hayward.

Pretty much agree with this. Hayward is a great player to have but he made 1 all-star team in 6 years. He's not exactly an elite talent.

Brown and Tatum are FAR more likely to be the elite players of that team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many on here at tHoop forget about defense. So has the most of the NBA until about April.

Interesting stat... back in the 80s/90s you had 3-5 teams averaging over 100 a game per year. Today? Almost the entire NBA averages over 100.

It's went to crazy physical in the 80s to man physical in the 90s and now the refs are way too involved and give out too many flagrants IMO.

The Rockets are a prime example of this. Very little D but still make the WCF and had the best record in the regular season.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never. It will never happen. Sad thing is he could have been well past him right now if he decided to put the work into his power game sooner than he did. But it took a woopin in Miami against the Mavs to finally convince him that he needed to do it.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
King James > MJ

This post season is all the proof a knowledgeable fan would need.

LeBron-The-King-James-2017-2560x1440-BasketWallpapers.com-.jpg