• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When a call can be right and wrong....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The replay refs probably got the Benjamin call right. But in a replay, probably means stick to the original call. When a play is so close it taks a frame by frame analysis to see a distinction, stick to the play on the field.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The replay refs probably got the Benjamin call right. But in a replay, probably means stick to the original call. When a play is so close it taks a frame by frame analysis to see a distinction, stick to the play on the field.

I think most agree there wasn’t enough to overturn the call on the field ... I think the league has to decide whether the guys on field have any importance or not ... if not, then they should go completely automated with sensors everywhere

I hope they don’t do that though ...

PatsFanInColtsCountry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, how do you decide "how much is too much"? Any cutoff is going to be arbitrary.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothin's broke.

They're getting the calls right more than ever.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it odd that the Patriots have been involved in two of these plays that were overturned.

Some one on the NFL network said it best. Do you change a rule or all of the rules because it benefited the Patriots once?? Do we change every rule that benefits the Patriots??

As one other guy said, when a call benefits your team it's a great call, by the rules and the rules are good. When it goes against your team the call is horrible and the rule sucks. Like he said, the rules are there to clarify what can and cannot be done on the field of play. Rules are intended to define the game.

No one is happy when the rules are applied and they go against their team. I do find it bizarre that the rules were i8n favor of the pats two weeks in a row.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it odd that the Patriots have been involved in two of these plays that were overturned.

Some one on the NFL network said it best. Do you change a rule or all of the rules because it benefited the Patriots once?? Do we change every rule that benefits the Patriots??

As one other guy said, when a call benefits your team it's a great call, by the rules and the rules are good. When it goes against your team the call is horrible and the rule sucks. Like he said, the rules are there to clarify what can and cannot be done on the field of play. Rules are intended to define the game.

No one is happy when the rules are applied and they go against their team. I do find it bizarre that the rules were i8n favor of the pats two weeks in a row.

Agree. I was saying this against the Steelers. If that same play had happened to the Pats, I don't think people would be bitching as much. I like that rule. Oh, the Pats would have been ready for 2nd and 3rd down if it got overturned. That is the bigger cluster fuck for the Steelers.

The Bills call should have been a TD. There wasn't enough there to overturn the call.

I have really enjoyed Romo calling the game the last two weeks. He knows his stuff. He was excellent and correct on the Steelers 3rd down play. Don't clock it. You have to throw a fade.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rules are also written to remove ambiguity...whenever possible.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have really enjoyed Romo calling the game the last two weeks. He knows his stuff. He was excellent and correct on the Steelers 3rd down play. Don't clock it. You have to throw a fade.
This.
I now see what Jerry saw, a highly intelligent and competitive football player......that unfortunately for Jerry and friends, ran out of talent at inopportune times.