• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can there be a link to LV Odds and Fantasy Football?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not gamble.
But since Las Vegas is not in the business of losing money, i am trying to see if some player odds are just a "tease" or could there be some legitimacy to said player having a good season?

Here is a screen shot of "Most Receiving Yards" odds. As you can see, McLaurin, Ridley and Davante all have the same odds. So does Vegas more-or-less expect them to have similar production?

Screenshot_20210820-112804.jpg

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas doesn't necessarily believe that they will have similar production. Vegas believes that the same amount of people will bet on them having similar production. I think they are a little whack, either way.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe if I rephrase it this way: Is the Vegas' equivilant to "tiers" ?
Is Diggs on a tier by himself, followed by Ridley, McClaurin and Adams, etc.?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what you are saying and you can take that information with a grain of salt. But they are not predicting what will happen on the stats sheets. They are predicting how much money John Q Public will be putting on these players to lead the league.

I also see what you are saying about those 3 being on the same tier. I don't see Scary Terry anywhere near Adams or Ridley. Not yet, anyway. I also don't see Adams and Ridley on the same tier.

But you have to take notice when Vegas speaks. They usually know what the hell they are talking about.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what you are saying and you can take that information with a grain of salt. But they are not predicting what will happen on the stats sheets. They are predicting how much money John Q Public will be putting on these players to lead the league.

I also see what you are saying about those 3 being on the same tier. I don't see Scary Terry anywhere near Adams or Ridley. Not yet, anyway. I also don't see Adams and Ridley on the same tier.

But you have to take notice when Vegas speaks. They usually know what the hell they are talking about.
Its both predicting john q, and the actual numbers. If their numbers are way off they and gonna lose big….its not just a john q thing.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have to take notice when Vegas speaks. They usually know what the hell they are talking about.
^^^^ this.
Thats kind of where i am coming from.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
diggs just has the best odds to have the most yards but remember u r betting on every other WR to have less
its a crap shoot :suds:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vegas is all about what people will bet hence why odds change from day to day If more people bet on adams all of a sudden his odds will drop below +900 ( this number means on a $100 bet u win $900)

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vegas is all about what people will bet hence why odds change from day to day If more people bet on adams all of a sudden his odds will drop below +900 ( this number means on a $100 bet u win $900)
Correct but a vast over simplification. If the lines are off from Reality they get killed as well. Sharps exist. Its not the number of bets its the amount the swings things. You see lines all the time with 70% of bets on the under, but somehow the line went up a point.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not gamble.
But since Las Vegas is not in the business of losing money, i am trying to see if some player odds are just a "tease" or could there be some legitimacy to said player having a good season?

Here is a screen shot of "Most Receiving Yards" odds. As you can see, McLaurin, Ridley and Davante all have the same odds. So does Vegas more-or-less expect them to have similar production?

View attachment 278015
Might be worth noting them as tiers now and comparing at season’s end.