• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's Up with Rueben Randle?

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is he poop all of a sudden?

In a weak WR corp i expected him to shine, considering he seemed to be emerging last season but instead he's been a ghost.

I hear rumors he might not even make the team (which would make 2 notable ex-Giant WRs that were busts for us, Steve Smith being the other) and considering Paul Turner's production, i don't know that i would use up a roster spot on Randle at this point.

what say you?

Doc Green

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I was hoping that a change in scenery would put him on the path of playing o his potential (expected potential from college). For me, after the 2nd preseason game, our WRs would be:

Matthews
Agholor - his last free pass
Givens - only one who can stretch the field
Green-Beckham
Turner

Rush - practice squad

If we keep 6, which we probably will, Huff (KR) or Randle may make it.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthews
Agholor
DGB
Turner
To me, the rest are all on the bubble. We could use another speed WR with good hands.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When teams like the Giants and Titans release or trade seemingly productive receivers, there is usually a reason. If something seems too good to be true, it probably is.

In the case of Randle, there were widespread reports he ran lazy routes and generally acted like he didn't care in NY. Well, guess what's happened so far in Philly. He sounds like he might get cut.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a stiff, IMO. We should go with Matthews; Aggy; DGB; Turner; and Givens.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is he poop all of a sudden?

In a weak WR corp i expected him to shine, considering he seemed to be emerging last season but instead he's been a ghost.

I hear rumors he might not even make the team (which would make 2 notable ex-Giant WRs that were busts for us, Steve Smith being the other) and considering Paul Turner's production, i don't know that i would use up a roster spot on Randle at this point.

what say you?

Wasn't Steve Smith over the hill by the time we got him?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a stiff, IMO. We should go with Matthews; Aggy; DGB; Turner; and Givens.

If they can trade Huff (to Chip?) for a 5th? Then they can keep Givens, or sign another WR with speed? To me, the 5th WR, at this point, s/b Givens or Huff.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants fan here.

The book on Reuben Randle is that he is not an overt, in-your-face character problem (such as a guy who gets in the grill of the coaching staff, or a locker-room cancer)... but he is someone who doesn't give enough effort with the playbook especially.

He seemed to always be involved with too many busted routes or miscommunications.

Can't help but question his desire to really be the best he can be.

Randle is only a good (not great) athlete... so he has to be working hard to be at the level he is capable of.

He's probably just a bum, at this point in his career... as others have said.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am trying to think how Givens/Huff or Randle make the team. Givens has zero catches in the preseason, Huff has drops and fumbles and Randle has three catches for like 20 yards and a dumb batting the ball out of bounds penalty.

Right now Jordan Mathews, Green-Beckham, Paul Turner and Agholor (on 1st round pick status only) and the only receivers I keep. I wait till cut downs and see if I can improve over the trio above. I might only go with 5 receivers and go heavy in another area like Offensive line.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Turner kid seems to have a leg up for the 4th WR spot ... even getting endorsements from other team mates. Led the Eagles in both preseason games and appears to have looked really good at practices as well. A guy like Turner is hungry while older vets like Randle and Givens seem to have coasted. I think he has a very good shot of making the team and push to start in the slot. Huff blows chunks ... all he offers is some return ability. We need Agholor to step the hell up this year.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huff's only attribute is as a KR. Maybe Barner will take that over.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should keep an extra player at RB and cut the last WR. And Burton should play before half these guys.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should keep an extra player at RB and cut the last WR. And Burton should play before half these guys.

Agree. Use several 3 TE sets. Get the best receivers n the game at the same time. Matthews; Aggy; Ertz; Celek; and Burton.