• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's the worst thing you've witnessed at Ballpark?

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at (then) HSBC Arena in Buffalo just after 9/11 for a Rangers @ Sabres game.

One Sabres fan put his arms up parallel at 90° angles and said "TWIN TOWERS ... BOOM!" and basically shifted his arms flat. Like I said, it was just after 9/11. It was mid-October or maybe very early November at the absolute latest and there was a huge Ranger crowd at the game. I honestly thought they were going to kill the Sabres fan.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once i was drunk and tickled a friend and she spilled her beer on the guys head in front of her. Another time I went this guy I was with spilled two beers on the guys head in front of him. Needless to say he was enraged. I regret how disrespectful I was at the ballpark when I was younger.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was at a basketball game..dont remember what year but back when the pistons were relevant. My buddies and I had been drinking and it was the game where the pistons beat the nets to advance in the playoffs and all of the fans were staying after game to call out tom tolbert (nbc announcer at the time) who was man enough to come on the court and shoot the shit with us because he had predicted nets all series. Well everyone was calling him out for being wrong except my buddy who just came to drink and didnt really care for basketball. He had a long pink balloon in his hand and he was standing by the railing stroking it like a dick. And thats who tolbert chose to address saying, "what are ou doing" my friend responded.."stroking it" to which tolbert replied, "there are kids here dont do that" my friend continued to stroke the pink balloon and said, "they have to learn how to stroke it someday"

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Multiple games at Chavez Latrine.

Saw 4 chola chicks in Dodger gear jump a 60+ yr old lady wearing Giants gear in the LF Pavilion and some other thugs blocked the stairs to slow down security from breaking up the fight. She was led out unconscious and on a stretcher from there.

Was at the game where a Dodger fan shot and killed a Giants fan in the parking lot in front of his family about 10 yrs ago.

Last year, I had some pussies throw food at me and my daughter all game long in the LF Pavilion and after the Giants won, sent a full soda coming our way. It missed me and my daughter but hit the 6-7 year old boy in the seat in front of me as he was standing and he toppled over into the next seat. The mom turned around and starting screaming at them in Spanish and they all pretended as if it wasn't them. By the way, my daughter at the time was 2. Real classy. All because we were wearing Giants hats.

Also have been a a few scuffles at Dodger Stadium that I frankly couldn't avoid. Never had charges pressed but there's no way I would have had anything come of them considering that I was defending myself.

seanmerc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Paul Blair get hit in the head by a 90+ MPH fastball. I'll never forget that sound. He didn't move for a long time. I was hoping he wasn't dead. He got quite an ovation [deserved] when they took him off the field.

seanmerc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one, I mean no one, not even Nolan Ryan, was as consistently dominating as The Big Unit at his peak. Saw him pitch a couple of times at Jack Murphy when he was on. Hung around late one night after the game and was outside by the escalator talking on the phone (have no idea why) and a van pulls up to the curb and just sits there idling. Out of nowhere I turn around and here comes The Big Unit walking right past me with an entourage of about 8-10 people and gets in the van and drives off. It gave me a good idea of just how valuable this guy was then. It looked like the President and Secret Service.

Dude was unbelievable. I'd love to get in the box and see what it's like to face a 6' 10" Big Unit fastball up and in and the next pitch be a filthy strike-out slider. Not a damn thing you can do about either one.

Nolan Ryan >>>Randy Johnson

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah The Big Unit in his heyday was untouchable. 98 mph heat combined with a nasty slider and a 6'10'' frame. So intimidating.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had front row 1st base side seats 3 seats away from two babes who were babbling back and forth all game long. In the bottom of the 6th, the batter sends a one hop laser and caught one of the gals flush on the side of the neck.

When you go to a game, especially with seats so close to the action, you better fucking be aware of what is going on. Apparently, she didn't realize that and had to learn it the hard way.

seanmerc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah The Big Unit in his heyday was untouchable. 98 mph heat combined with a nasty slider and a 6'10'' frame. So intimidating.

Nolan Ryan was every bit as intimidating due to his consistently 100 MPH plus fastball and spotty control.

Nolan Ryan: 7 no hitters (in 27 seasons)
Randy Johnson: 2 no hitters (in 22 seasons)

Nolan Ryan career ERA: 3.19
Randy Johnson career ERA: 3.29

Nolan Ryan: 5714 strikeouts
Randy Johnson: 4875 strikeouts

Looking back at the statistics, they were both pretty intimidating, and I'd take either one in their prime for my starting rotation.