• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whats on Bucks mind?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
leaves Webb in too long then follows up with evan Meek. He just wasted Chen's outing vs TB

I agree. He said before the game that 5 relievers were unavailable for last night's game because of how much the BP pitched during the Cincinnati series. This is the relievers who pitched during the 3 game series, and their inning totals during the 3 game series:
Hunter- 2.1
O'Day- 0.2
Brach- 1.0
Britton- 2.0

So, out of 21 innings, the BP pitched 6 innings. That's 28% of the innings. The BP has been used much more at times, so I don't see why Buck was so adamant against using certain pitchers last night. I understand not using Hunter or Britton.

Miller is nursing a sore leg, so I guess he was the 5th pitcher not available.
These pitchers should have been available:
Matusz
McFarland
Saunders

Buck just seems so stubborn at times. Whatever he's the boss.

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
leaves Webb in too long then follows up with evan Meek. He just wasted Chen's outing vs TB

Buck just seems so stubborn at times. Whatever he's the boss.

Personally, I would prefer to have someone warming up in the bullpen throughout the game during September (since there are enough pitchers to do this) so that anyone who's having a bad day could be replaced immediately.

Then again... my opinion is that most of the blame for yesterday's loss has to go to the hitters. After all, scoring zero runs is a guaranteed loss. (The win probability graph seems to agree: the bad outings by Webb and Meek "only" canceled out Chen's quality start. On the other hand, our hitters as a group decreased the Orioles' win probability by more than 50%.)

Last edited by a moderator:

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I would prefer to have someone warming up in the bullpen throughout the game during September (since there are enough pitchers to do this) so that anyone who's having a bad day could be replaced immediately.

Then again... my opinion is that most of the blame for yesterday's loss has to go to the hitters. After all, scoring zero runs is a guaranteed loss. (The win probability graph seems to agree: the bad outings by Webb and Meek "only" canceled out Chen's quality start. On the other hand, our hitters as a group decreased the Orioles' win probability by more than 50%.)

I was going to say the same exact thing......but you said it better.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He shouldn't be testing pitchers out when the division hasn't been nearly clinched. Webb shouldn't have come out for a second inning, he should've gone to Hunter or Matusz or both in the 8th.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He shouldn't be testing pitchers out when the division hasn't been nearly clinched. Webb shouldn't have come out for a second inning, he should've gone to Hunter or Matusz or both in the 8th.

Exactly .....test ptichers when you have a postseason slot in hand:agree:

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Markakis, Jones, Hardy havent seen Young play in 2 weeks.......pitcher is still in the game after giving up 4 homers. Buck isnt going to clinch the East this way, he is squandering opportunities big time

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He must not reliaze we still have 9 games left with the yanks and 6 with the jays.

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CRUZZZZE should avoid the sweep now.

all4ripken

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, one hell of a comeback, and they had to do it twice. Cruz with all 7 rbi's

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whew. Avoided the sweep and got the East lead back up to 9.5 games. Hopefully Boston has packed it in and they will just roll over this week.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like the cub series .....alot of stupid stuff.....errors for runs, walkin runs, wild pitches and passed balls
cruz the only one hitting

Elginbaylor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Markakis, Jones, Hardy havent seen Young play in 2 weeks. Buck isnt going to clinch the East this way, he is squandering opportunities big time
Good thing Buck didn't forget to write down Cruz's name in the lineup card today.

pools

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im glad he is confident he can rest guys but can it at least wait until we have something clinched?

Then again he might want to make sure the guys don't get out of rhythm going into the playoffs

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bud's been bad lately he needs to get back on track..and Hundley I'm sure can't leave that place fast enough. Great win, Cruz was unbelievable. Flaherty?ehh:omg: