• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Will LeBron Do This Summer?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just htink LA is the most likely now because its the BIGGEST story.

If LeBron goes to LA it immediately becomes the biggest sports story of the year. The spotlight will be on him in a way that it hasnt been since he made his last decision in 2014, and before that in 2010.

I think more then even losing, LeBron hates not to be in the spotlight and not to be the thing people are talking about. Changing teams will automatically make him the most talked about, biggest for jersey sales, biggest spotlight for Space Jam 2 etc.....it just brings him back tothe forefront of the consciousness of most of the sports fans in the US ,and to a certin extent the world.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just htink LA is the most likely now because its the BIGGEST story.

If LeBron goes to LA it immediately becomes the biggest sports story of the year. The spotlight will be on him in a way that it hasnt been since he made his last decision in 2014, and before that in 2010.

I think more then even losing, LeBron hates not to be in the spotlight and not to be the thing people are talking about. Changing teams will automatically make him the most talked about, biggest for jersey sales, biggest spotlight for Space Jam 2 etc.....it just brings him back tothe forefront of the consciousness of most of the sports fans in the US ,and to a certin extent the world.

Kudos for not blindly saying he's returning to the Cavs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudos for not blindly saying he's returning to the Cavs.
if the Cavs did not screw up last summer id say he was returning. The Kyrie deal and getting rid of Griffen did not help the Cavs.

That being said- I thought Altman did a good job at the trade deadline. If he has something HUGE up his sleeve, maybe there is a chance, but i just do not currently see it.

Reactions: DJ

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Windhorst (Windy to his friends) called into ESPN this morning with the latest updates on his own lebronwatch (all lower case because it’s a pale imitation of the LeBronWatch you know and love). He said a lot of things. Here’s one of them:

“I think [the 76ers] are viable, but I would have to hear from Joel Embiid, if I were LeBron James. Because I don’t see the basketball match for LeBron in Philadelphia. You would need Joel Embiid to be sitting at the table with LeBron and say I’m ready to play with you, I’m ready to go stand in the corner like you needed Chris Bosh and Kevin Love to do over the last eight years to make this work.”

ad

Windhorst went on to note that LeBron’s favorite teammates are guys who can play off the ball and shoot, whereas Ben Simmons and Markelle Fultz “need the ball and cannot shoot.”

hmm...who does that sound like coughlonzocough...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Windhorst (Windy to his friends) called into ESPN this morning with the latest updates on his own lebronwatch (all lower case because it’s a pale imitation of the LeBronWatch you know and love). He said a lot of things. Here’s one of them:

“I think [the 76ers] are viable, but I would have to hear from Joel Embiid, if I were LeBron James. Because I don’t see the basketball match for LeBron in Philadelphia. You would need Joel Embiid to be sitting at the table with LeBron and say I’m ready to play with you, I’m ready to go stand in the corner like you needed Chris Bosh and Kevin Love to do over the last eight years to make this work.”

ad

Windhorst went on to note that LeBron’s favorite teammates are guys who can play off the ball and shoot, whereas Ben Simmons and Markelle Fultz “need the ball and cannot shoot.”

EasygoingElasticElectriceel-size_restricted.gif

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
espn.com is saying LeWhatsHisName? will become a FA. Let the guessing games really begin now.:gaah:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont see anyone taking deng's contract for anything less than a very good young player or a likely lotto pick

you think a team is paying 36 million dollars for a late first rounder? I sure as hell dont.

If you offered JUST Ball and Deng to a team with cap space- and there are precious few teams with cap space, does that even get it done?

It might with a pick as well.

They managed to unload Mozgov (of course that was to the Nets).

I'll be a little surprised if they can get all 3 because Deng will be difficult to move. he will be a lot easier to move next summer when he is an expiring contract.

Problem with that is, if they sign both Lebron and PG before they make a trade, they will have waived and stretched Deng.

So, all 3 is still possible, but not probable, imo.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems so obvious that I almost expect it not to happen, but it sure seems like its a done deal.

Im expecting to hear Love being involved in trade rumors or being traded starting now.

@WiggyRuss and Turnup agree?

Either Lebron and PG to the Lakers is happening or the Apocalypse is upon us.

Not sure which.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Cavs did not screw up last summer id say he was returning. The Kyrie deal and getting rid of Griffen did not help the Cavs.

That being said- I thought Altman did a good job at the trade deadline. If he has something HUGE up his sleeve, maybe there is a chance, but i just do not currently see it.

He's leaving because Gilbert is cheap.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramon Shelbourne

"To clarify for everyone again. LBJ did not opt-out. He didn’t have to. He could have let the deadline pass tonight without doing or saying anything and he’d be a FA. He had a player option to opt-in, which he declined to exercise."

lol

So in other words, he opted out.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are way off on Lonzo "needing the ball". But the shot needs a lot of work.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he doesnt have the ball what is he doing?

He facilitates the offense, but not by dominating the ball. One of the things he's best at is getting and keeping the ball moving. Many of his passes are of the "hockey assist" variety where he passes the ball to a guy with a better passing angle for the assist.

There was a stat I saw where it showed he is one of the quickest at getting the ball out of his hands. When the Lakers offense is at it's best, the ball is moving among everyone on the court.

He's not "score first" (thank God lol), but he's also not one of those pg's that needs to be the one to make the pass that gets the assist.

So, while he obviously needs to touch the ball, he doesn't need to dominate the ball like some pg's.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do feel bad for the Lakers fanbase. You guys have some of the most retarded ESPN writers in your area - Shelburne and Plaschke.

Plaschke needs to stop sniffing glue.