• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Will LeBron Do This Summer?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think they trade for Sexton for Walker?

That’s what “rumors” say. You never know though. I think they really want to keep him but does Lebron want that

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, if Lebron signs with the Lakers first, there's a damn good chance of PG joining him.

Chances are the two will be talking about it within the next few days/weeks.
I don't think it will be as big a factor for George because I think George will come off the board first.

I think he will go to the Lakers or stay in OKC because it's what he wants most for himself and his family, not because he might get to play with Lebron.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, the Cavs are in a better spot than last time if Lebron leaves. The only thing you have to be willing to do is give up. Roll with Sexton, try to trade Love(this year or next) for either a good, young player/players with great potential, or a somewhat high, to high draft pick/picks, and then tank.
If they try to be competitive, they'll end up in purgatory, trying to do just enough to be competitive in the playoffs

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, the Cavs are in a better spot than last time if Lebron leaves. The only thing you have to be willing to do is give up. Roll with Sexton, try to trade Love(this year or next) for either a good, young player/players with great potential, or a somewhat high, to high draft pick/picks, and then tank.
If they try to be competitive, they'll end up in purgatory, trying to do just enough to be competitive in the playoffs

They will be fine a couple years when those contracts are off the books, if Lebron leaves I still think Love needs to go now or at the deadline. More likely to get a top pick or a lottery pick. Then you build through Sexton and hopefully get picks with trades, especially the Love trade possibly

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont trade rookie contracts for veteran max and junk unless James commits.

Hence why we hear the Cavs are keeping Sexton. Things could change when Lebron commits, either way they need to try and make other moves to somehow improve the roster. Altman is pretty savvy I’m sure he can do something, even if they are small moves

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I agree here. I think they could actually end up with more cap space than they have this year.

For them to sign 2 max guys this off-season, they have to either get Deng off the books or stretch him. Unless they can get someone to take Deng in a trade (unlikely) they will stretch him and renounce Randle.

However, if they don't sign any max guys, then they can re-sign Randle and sign some guys to Lopez/KCP type deals. Then next year, they can trade Randle and Deng's contract becomes an asset that can be traded because it will be expiring.

I do agree though, that in that scenario, they have to make sure they don't overpay Randle. I don't think they will.

You are assuming Randle will sign for an affordable price and be an asset.

It is very possible he fetches $20 million plus. In that scenario his trade value is limited unless he shows much continued improvement.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hence why we hear the Cavs are keeping Sexton. Things could change when Lebron commits, either way they need to try and make other moves to somehow improve the roster. Altman is pretty savvy I’m sure he can do something, even if they are small moves

We’re a week from FA.
Players are def talking.
I think its naive to think for the most part that its a wait and see thing. They know what they hope/plan to do, and James is at the top of the list.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Windhorst saying that the Sixers are still in the mix.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next Friday is a big day....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it will be as big a factor for George because I think George will come off the board first.

I think he will go to the Lakers or stay in OKC because it's what he wants most for himself and his family, not because he might get to play with Lebron.

From what they're saying out here, if it's about his family wants, he'll be coming to LA.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are assuming Randle will sign for an affordable price and be an asset.

It is very possible he fetches $20 million plus. In that scenario his trade value is limited unless he shows much continued improvement.

Actually, I'm not. I'm assuming that the Lakers won't overpay him.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it is not, his kids want to stay here with their friends.

A. Where did you hear that? Do you have a link? I haven't seen anyone report what his family wants. Only that Lebron says it will be part of his decision. Btw, you know they spend their summers in LA, right?

B. My post was responding to Mecca's post re: PG. The word out here is that if PG does what his family wants, he'll be coming to LA. He also has apparently formed a friendship with Westbrook. So, if he stays in OKC, it'll be because of his friendship with Westbrook and if he comes to LA, it'll be because of his family.

In fact, it's being reported that his decision will be made independent of what Lebron does (although I'm betting that joining Lebron on the Lakers would be fairly compelling lol).