• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Will LeBron Do This Summer?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember he played on the Cavs later in his career. Awful offensively but a pretty solid defender and pass first PG

And he may have been the 2nd best player on LeBron's first Finals team. But LeBron ain't shit. :tsk:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dribbles: Cavs talking with Grizzlies, eye Kemba

1. The Cavs have talked to the Memphis Grizzlies on more than one occasion. I write that with a great deal of certainty. What we don’t know is what, exactly, those talks have been about.

2. Memphis has been shopping the No. 4 overall draft pick and forward Chandler Parsons. The reward for taking Parsons’ huge contract (more than $49 million over the next two years) is an extra lottery selection. The Cavs have some massive contracts, and the eighth overall pick. They could potentially send both to the Grizzlies in return.

3. Ideally, of course, the Cavs would keep both the fourth and eighth picks. It may be possible if they start promising future picks to the Grizzlies.

4. Grizzlies point guard Mike Conley could also be part of the talks. It’s hard to say. Conley is due a whopping $30.5 million next season, $32.5 the year after that and $34.5 in 2020-21. That’s a massive and long contract for a guy who is a nice starter, but not exactly the second coming of Oscar Robertson. Conley, 31, has also been prone to major injury. He appeared in just 12 games last season.

5. So it’s hard to envision the Cavs having any sort of interest in Conley … unless, again, the No. 4 pick is somehow involved.

6. Speaking of veteran point guards, the Cavs spoke to the Charlotte Hornets about Kemba Walker at the February trade deadline and are again expressing interest. Without a doubt, the Hornets are more than open to moving Walker.

7. As mentioned on Amico Hoops earlier this week, the Cavs have also been calling the San Antonio Spurs about Kawhi Leonard. But pulling off a trade won’t be easy. Everyone, it seems, is after Leonard. There is a possibility that the Cavs’ talks with the Grizzlies and Hornets could be for the purpose of helping to facilitate a trade for Leonard.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dribbles: Cavs talking with Grizzlies, eye Kemba

1. The Cavs have talked to the Memphis Grizzlies on more than one occasion. I write that with a great deal of certainty. What we don’t know is what, exactly, those talks have been about.

2. Memphis has been shopping the No. 4 overall draft pick and forward Chandler Parsons. The reward for taking Parsons’ huge contract (more than $49 million over the next two years) is an extra lottery selection. The Cavs have some massive contracts, and the eighth overall pick. They could potentially send both to the Grizzlies in return.

3. Ideally, of course, the Cavs would keep both the fourth and eighth picks. It may be possible if they start promising future picks to the Grizzlies.

4. Grizzlies point guard Mike Conley could also be part of the talks. It’s hard to say. Conley is due a whopping $30.5 million next season, $32.5 the year after that and $34.5 in 2020-21. That’s a massive and long contract for a guy who is a nice starter, but not exactly the second coming of Oscar Robertson. Conley, 31, has also been prone to major injury. He appeared in just 12 games last season.

5. So it’s hard to envision the Cavs having any sort of interest in Conley … unless, again, the No. 4 pick is somehow involved.

6. Speaking of veteran point guards, the Cavs spoke to the Charlotte Hornets about Kemba Walker at the February trade deadline and are again expressing interest. Without a doubt, the Hornets are more than open to moving Walker.

7. As mentioned on Amico Hoops earlier this week, the Cavs have also been calling the San Antonio Spurs about Kawhi Leonard. But pulling off a trade won’t be easy. Everyone, it seems, is after Leonard. There is a possibility that the Cavs’ talks with the Grizzlies and Hornets could be for the purpose of helping to facilitate a trade for Leonard.

I don't understand the Grizzlies line of thinking trying to attach the number 4 pick which could land a all-star level player just to get rid of Parsons. The Grizzlies roster is nowhere near contender status. I'd just ride out Parsons contract for one more year, then look to trade him as an expiring deal for the 2019-2020 season.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the Grizzlies line of thinking trying to attach the number 4 pick which could land a all-star level player just to get rid of Parsons. The Grizzlies roster is nowhere near contender status. I'd just ride out Parsons contract for one more year, then look to trade him as an expiring deal for the 2019-2020 season.

I don't believe that the Grizzlies have any intention of giving away the #4 just to unload the Parsons contract. Makes no sense at all.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of interesting stuff going on out there. I think at this point the Lakers have become the favorite but it seems Cleveland is very interested in making more moves and will try and get something done- but who knows if they are able to.

Something tells me nothing major will happen though and the Cavs will just stay put and draft either Sexton or Mikal Bridges. Its what I hope anyway. I DO NOT WANT WENDELL CARTER JR. PLEASE NO NO NO NO NO. My worst nightmare is a sign and trade for Lonzo Ball and him and Wendell Carter Jr. running the worst pick and rolls ever. lol

If Paul George does not go to LA and CP3 stay in Houston - I just cannot see LeBron going to LAL alone.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe that the Grizzlies have any intention of giving away the #4 just to unload the Parsons contract. Makes no sense at all.

I've seen multiple reports indicating that they're trying to attach both as a package to lure a lower tier all-star to pair with Conley and Gasol, as well as potentially re-sign Tyreke Evans. Given the state of that franchise, I feel like hitting the reset button may be the course to go. Also doesn't make sense to trade the pick before the draft gets here. There may be a player that actually falls to them that wasn't slated to.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of interesting stuff going on out there. I think at this point the Lakers have become the favorite but it seems Cleveland is very interested in making more moves and will try and get something done- but who knows if they are able to.

Something tells me nothing major will happen though and the Cavs will just stay put and draft either Sexton or Mikal Bridges. Its what I hope anyway. I DO NOT WANT WENDELL CARTER JR. PLEASE NO NO NO NO NO. My worst nightmare is a sign and trade for Lonzo Ball and him and Wendell Carter Jr. running the worst pick and rolls ever. lol

If Paul George does not go to LA and CP3 stay in Houston - I just cannot see LeBron going to LAL alone.

I don't mind Carter Jr.'s game. But I haven't watched too many Duke games this year, just seen highlights of this kid. I'd be trying to stay away from Trae Young. I've seen enough OU games this year being in Dallas and I just don't see the hype with him.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different day, more speculation

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen multiple reports indicating that they're trying to attach both as a package to lure a lower tier all-star to pair with Conley and Gasol, as well as potentially re-sign Tyreke Evans. Given the state of that franchise, I feel like hitting the reset button may be the course to go. Also doesn't make sense to trade the pick before the draft gets here. There may be a player that actually falls to them that wasn't slated to.

I could see them make a bigger trade in which they get some significant assets back. But trading the #4 to dump the Parsons contract is Billy King level incompetence.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see them make a bigger trade in which they get some significant assets back. But trading the #4 to dump the Parsons contract is Billy King level incompetence.
especially in this draft

you will absolutely have a chance to draft either Jackson, Bamba, Doncic or Bagley....any 4 of those guys could, and is likely to become, a star.

Some owners are just cheap though.

I could see them just trading down too. Like with the Cavs--- maybe send out JR's expiring, bring back Parsons and move up from 8 to 4.--- something like that......thats what i would be trying to do if i was the CAvs. Id absolutely want to get in the top 4 to get Jackson or Bamba.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean--- arent you perfectly describing what an offer of Love for Parsons and #4 would be?

I think that would work GREAT for both teams. (especially the Cavs :D)

honestly---- that would certainly soften the blow if LeBron left---- getting the #4 and #8 picks in this draft.

Adding like say Bamba and Sexton. Taht would be a helluva way to start a rebuild if it comes to that.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean--- arent you perfectly describing what an offer of Love for Parsons and #4 would be?

I think that would work GREAT for both teams. (especially the Cavs :D)

honestly---- that would certainly soften the blow if LeBron left---- getting the #4 and #8 picks in this draft.

Adding like say Bamba and Sexton. Taht would be a helluva way to start a rebuild if it comes to that.

I'd take that if I were the Cavs. If/When Lebron leaves, so goes contending status. Getting the #4 pick along with the #8 pick fast forwards the process of rebuilding. I'd put feelers out to Memphis. The only problem is timing because you presumably don't know what Lebron's going to do until late in the 1st week of July. It likely would be a situation where when Memphis has their rookie signed, they'd just have to wait a month from the time of the signing before trading Love to the Grizz for whomever the pick is and Parsons. Parsons contract sucks, but if you're on a rebuild then it's whatever. He keeps your salary above the league floor at least.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
especially in this draft

you will absolutely have a chance to draft either Jackson, Bamba, Doncic or Bagley....any 4 of those guys could, and is likely to become, a star.

Some owners are just cheap though.

I could see them just trading down too. Like with the Cavs--- maybe send out JR's expiring, bring back Parsons and move up from 8 to 4.--- something like that......thats what i would be trying to do if i was the CAvs. Id absolutely want to get in the top 4 to get Jackson or Bamba.

It seems like the Cavs are in a bit of a tough spot. Similar to the one the Lakers faced with Kobe (although Lebron isn't coming off a major injury and is still the best in the game).

What they probably should do is just let Lebron go and embrace rebuilding. Sort of the NBA version of the Patriots preferring to let a guy go 1 or 2 years too soon than 1 or 2 years too late. With the right moves, they could possibly be back in the mix in the East 2-3 years. Maybe even in title contention depending on what happens in Philly, Boston and Golden State.

If they are able to keep Lebron, they remain relevant. But with the Sixers and Celtics rising, can they even get out of the East, let alone win another title?

On the one hand, embracing a rebuild is probably the right move.

On the other hand, how do you let Lebron walk if you can find a way to keep him?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something tells me nothing major will happen though and the Cavs will just stay put and draft either Sexton or Mikal Bridges. Its what I hope anyway. I DO NOT WANT WENDELL CARTER JR. PLEASE NO NO NO NO NO. My worst nightmare is a sign and trade for Lonzo Ball and him and Wendell Carter Jr. running the worst pick and rolls ever.

I think you're undervaluing Wendell Carter Jr and overvaluing Collin Sexton personally. Sexton is an undersized, shoot first pg (although tough and aggressive) without a strong 3 pt jumper. Carter Jr was overshadowed a bit by Bagley and will be a better pro than he was as in college IMO.

As far as Ball goes, there is no reason for the Lakers to trade with the Cavs.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like the Cavs are in a bit of a tough spot. Similar to the one the Lakers faced with Kobe (although Lebron isn't coming off a major injury and is still the best in the game).

What they probably should do is just let Lebron go and embrace rebuilding. Sort of the NBA version of the Patriots preferring to let a guy go 1 or 2 years too soon than 1 or 2 years too late. With the right moves, they could possibly be back in the mix in the East 2-3 years. Maybe even in title contention depending on what happens in Philly, Boston and Golden State.

If they are able to keep Lebron, they remain relevant. But with the Sixers and Celtics rising, can they even get out of the East, let alone win another title?

On the one hand, embracing a rebuild is probably the right move.

On the other hand, how do you let Lebron walk if you can find a way to keep him?

And that's the conundrum. Because with Lebron, you at least have a puncher's chance because he''ll get you to the Finals.

Having said that, as you've mentioned, with Boston and Philly's growth this season. You have to wonder if getting to the Finals for Lebron is a guarantee, especially with how they struggled this year. It also depends on what moves the Cavs make in the offseason as well. If they add Kemba for say the #8 pick and George Hill, then I feel they would've kept the gap between themselves and the other 2 teams mentioned in the East.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's the conundrum. Because with Lebron, you at least have a puncher's chance because he''ll get you to the Finals.

Having said that, as you've mentioned, with Boston and Philly's growth this season. You have to wonder if getting to the Finals for Lebron is a guarantee, especially with how they struggled this year. It also depends on what moves the Cavs make in the offseason as well. If they add Kemba for say the #8 pick and George Hill, then I feel they would've kept the gap between themselves and the other 2 teams mentioned in the East.
it just depends on what they can add.

if you added CJ McCollum and a decent 3 and D wing- and gave Nance Jr., Clarkson, Hill more time to assimilate i think theyd be fine in the East. Or who knows what. It seems that SAS is NOT going to trade KAwhi in the West....say the Cavs can land the Grizz pick somehow and then trade their own and the grizz pick in a package for Kawhi.....Kawhi and LeBron --- and whatever would kick ass-

I mean at this point no one really knows what it will look like

at varying points i got swept up in the philly and houston talk- but for the most part i have contended that its always been either LA or CLEV. and it sure looks that way right now.

Reactions: DJ

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it just depends on what they can add.

if you added CJ McCollum and a decent 3 and D wing- and gave Nance Jr., Clarkson, Hill more time to assimilate i think theyd be fine in the East. Or who knows what. It seems that SAS is NOT going to trade KAwhi in the West....say the Cavs can land the Grizz pick somehow and then trade their own and the grizz pick in a package for Kawhi.....Kawhi and LeBron --- and whatever would kick ass-

I mean at this point no one really knows what it will look like

at varying points i got swept up in the philly and houston talk- but for the most part i have contended that its always been either LA or CLEV. and it sure looks that way right now.

Yeah it's rough to speculate at this point because the narrative shifts on a daily basis. Better to draw up conclusions probably around the 2nd week of July once free agency has winded down a bit after the dust has settled.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, some in the media are trying to keep the Philly/Houston/Boston/whoever narrative going.

But things seem to keep circling back to the Lakers and Cavs.

It's Stephen A., so it has to be taken with a huge grain of salt, but he said that he's hearing that Lebron to the Lakers isn't contingent on them getting PG or anyone else.

I find that very hard to believe. But who knows? Even Stephen A. is right once in awhile. lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, some in the media are trying to keep the Philly/Houston/Boston/whoever narrative going.

But things seem to keep circling back to the Lakers and Cavs.

It's Stephen A., so it has to be taken with a huge grain of salt, but he said that he's hearing that Lebron to the Lakers isn't contingent on them getting PG or anyone else.

I find that very hard to believe. But who knows? Even Stephen A. is right once in awhile. lol

I said this awhile ago, that the best move for LeBron's legacy was to keep doing what he is doing in Cleveland without a major roster upgrade.

What might be even better is going to LA without help.

If can get that crew to the second round or the WCF, it would be as impressive as another Finals trip out of the East.

I think the Warrior dynasty has opened people's eyes that titles aren't everything in the GOAT convo. You need a few, which LeBron has, but they are tiebreakers. Not the end all be all.

If LeBron gives the Lakers 3 years of MVP caliber ball and deep playoff runs, it will be enough to force a tie with MJ, if not possibly break it.

And who knows? If the Lakers add Bron and keep their cap space, maybe they land the ideal complimentary piece in Klay Thompson, simultaneously weakening the Dubs while lifting the Lakers to contender status.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this awhile ago, that the best move for LeBron's legacy was to keep doing what he is doing in Cleveland without a major roster upgrade.

What might be even better is going to LA without help.

If can get that crew to the second round or the WCF, it would be as impressive as another Finals trip out of the East.

I think the Warrior dynasty has opened people's eyes that titles aren't everything in the GOAT convo. You need a few, which LeBron has, but they are tiebreakers. Not the end all be all.

If LeBron gives the Lakers 3 years of MVP caliber ball and deep playoff runs, it will be enough to force a tie with MJ, if not possibly break it.

And who knows? If the Lakers add Bron and keep their cap space, maybe they land the ideal complimentary piece in Klay Thompson, simultaneously weakening the Dubs while lifting the Lakers to contender status.

Agree. I've said all along that the one thing that Lebron can still do that no one else in the GOAT convo did is lead 3 different teams to titles.

If one of those is a team like the Lakers, a historic franchise that has hit the worst stretch in franchise history, it looks even better for his legacy.

Also, if he came to the Lakers by himself and then the Lakers add an FA or 2, he couldn't be accused of trying to stack the deck again.

Reactions: DJ