• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Will LeBron Do This Summer?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
their value has not gone up in relation to when they were drafted. If you start at a 10, and go down to a 5 and then back up to an 8, your value has not increased.

Thats what i meant by comparing them to the #2 and #6 pick

sicne they were drafted has their value gone up or down?

I cant believe you would argue that they are more valuable now then they were on draft day.

Again, not what was being discussed. Bottom line, you made a false statement and as usual, are trying to move the goalposts.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, not what was being discussed. Bottom line, you made a false statement and as usual, are trying to move the goalposts.
thats what i was discussing.

i do agree with you though that Randle made improvements to his stock this past year. He was kind of an after thought and all of a sudden looks like a legit starting player.

Solid- but not exactly what you want out of a fairly high lotto pick.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you trying to move the goal posts? What they could be gotten for wasn't discussed. You claimed their value hasn't gone up and you were wrong.
respectfully- look at my post-

"out of Ingram, Ball, Russell, Randle there is not one guy who's value has gone up since he was drafted by the Laker"

#172. I never "moved the goal post". My original post clearly states - since he was drafted.

out of Ingram, Ball, Russell, Randle there is not one guy who's value has gone up since he was drafted by the Lakers- not one guy that has played and you said- FUCKING A we have a franchise cornerstone. Thats hard to do when you have 4 picks in the top 6

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats what i was discussing.

It's not what you said.

i do agree with you though that Randle made improvements to his stock this past year. He was kind of an after thought and all of a sudden looks like a legit starting player.

I think Randle has at least played himself back to his draft level. The one caveat that I would make on that statement is that he was in a contract year and I am always skeptical of guys who are in a contract year.

The thing that makes me think that he may maintain that improvement is the amount of work he put in this past off-season. Completely reshaped his body, etc.

I think Ingram will eventually play himself back up to at least his original draft position and showed some real growth this past season. But I agree that as of now, he hasn't.

I think part of the reason for that is because the Lakers have insisted on taking things slow with him.

They seem to be handling him pretty much the same way they handled Kobe. With Kobe they brought him along slowly because they had Shaq and other veteran players, so they could win without putting a bunch of pressure on him.

With Ingram, they could afford to bring him along slowly without putting a bunch of pressure on him because they weren't expected to win anything anyway.

Different reasons, but the end result is still bringing a young guy along slowly.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
out of Ingram, Ball, Russell, Randle there is not one guy who's value has gone up since he was drafted by the Laker"

#172. I never "moved the goal post". My original post clearly states - since he was drafted.

You did move the goalposts. You said "since he was drafted," not "relative to where he was drafted."

Since they were drafted, their value has gone up.

Relative to where they were drafted, Randle has gotten back to that level (#7), imo. Ingram has not.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely i think the Lakers are a candidate now since they have the ability to add 2 max guys and possibily trade for a third.

If the Lakers had cap room for 1 guy- the LeBron to Lakers rumors would be non-existent. Just like every other team, they have to sell winning. They can no longer sell the most money, or the most national coverage because those advantages no longer exist.

After the Cavaliers lost 110-102 to the Golden State Warriors in Game 3 of the NBA Finals, Cleveland is in danger of being swept. It would be the Cavs' third Finals loss to the Warriors in the past four years.

With LeBron James' contract expiring at the end of this season, the rumors of the superstar departing in free agency are hotter than ever. And given the team he's had to work with this year, it's pretty easy to understand why.

The oddsmakers aren't waiting around to see how this series shakes out before delivering their favorites for James' offseason landing spot this summer, either. BetDSI already has a list of odds for LeBron's team in 2018-2019, and it's the Los Angeles Lakers who currently lead the pack.

Here's how the odds shake out:

LeBron suitors

Lakers

+200

76ers
+350

Heat

+500

Knicks
+750

Rockets
+1000

Spurs
+2000

Cavaliers
+3000

Warriors
+5000

Celtics
+5000

Bulls
+7500

Thunder
+7500

Wizards
+10000
There are some interesting observations to be had with this list, but arguably none more startling than half a dozen teams being given a better chance of signing LeBron than the Cavaliers. Obviously, things haven't gone great in Cleveland over the past year or so, but Ohio is James' home state and he was skewered the last time he left town.

Why are the Heat 3rd at 5-1?????

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at the Laker players aren't that good.

Ingram has improved every season and has drawn comparisons to KD-lite.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the Cavaliers lost 110-102 to the Golden State Warriors in Game 3 of the NBA Finals, Cleveland is in danger of being swept. It would be the Cavs' third Finals loss to the Warriors in the past four years.

With LeBron James' contract expiring at the end of this season, the rumors of the superstar departing in free agency are hotter than ever. And given the team he's had to work with this year, it's pretty easy to understand why.

The oddsmakers aren't waiting around to see how this series shakes out before delivering their favorites for James' offseason landing spot this summer, either. BetDSI already has a list of odds for LeBron's team in 2018-2019, and it's the Los Angeles Lakers who currently lead the pack.

LeBron suitors

Lakers

+200

76ers
+350

Heat

+500

Knicks
+750

Rockets
+1000

Spurs
+2000

Cavaliers
+3000

Warriors
+5000

Celtics
+5000

Bulls
+7500

Thunder
+7500

Wizards
+10000
There are some interesting observations to be had with this list, but arguably none more startling than half a dozen teams being given a better chance of signing LeBron than the Cavaliers. Obviously, things haven't gone great in Cleveland over the past year or so, but Ohio is James' home state and he was skewered the last time he left town.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon man.

for the longest time only certain teams were on national tv in the NBA. For the longest time in the NBA the Lakers enjoyed financial advantages that no other team enjoyed.

Now every team is on national TV--- now every fan can see every single game if they want to--- at one point, what was there? like a small handful of nationla games a week? You could watch the Celtics play a national game and the Lakers play a national game on a Sunday? . Now you can have HUGE endorsement deals in the dustbowl of OKC or the swamps of Orlando.

Now EVERY SINGLE owner has billions of billions of dollars. Those institutional advantages have been thoroughly mititaged by the modern game. To not admit that is to be in total denial.

None of that impacts draft choices and trades, which is where the Lakers have made most of their moves. Shaq is the notable exception.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
their value has not gone up in relation to when they were drafted. If you start at a 10, and go down to a 5 and then back up to an 8, your value has not increased.

Thats what i meant by comparing them to the #2 and #6 pick

sicne they were drafted has their value gone up or down?

I cant believe you would argue that they are more valuable now then they were on draft day.

But those 4 picks by the Cavs have held their value? Only Wiggins could get back a 1st rounder, and it wouldn't be a high one.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers had cap room for 1 guy- the LeBron to Lakers rumors would be non-existent. Just like every other team, they have to sell winning. They can no longer sell the most money, or the most national coverage because those advantages no longer exist.

I agree with this to a point. When they were rumored to be the favored spot for Aldridge...because Short Buss was an idiot, their pitch was basically..."We're the Lakers, we have L.A. weather, we have Hollywood, etc., etc."

Aldridge showed that isn't enough when he basically said he knew all of that and wanted to know what was going to happen on the court.

I think that being LA/being the Lakers works as a tiebreaker of sorts. If a player is choosing between the Lakers and another team and the basketball/winning aspects look to be the same or very close, then being in LA, etc. likely gives the Lakers the edge.

But they definitely can't just go into a meeting and say "We're the Lakers, this is the contract, sign here."

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But those 4 picks by the Cavs have held their value? Only Wiggins could get back a 1st rounder, and it wouldn't be a high one.
im not saying they did

no one is perfect in the draft--- look at Philly- for every simmons and saric and embiid there is a okafor and noel.

What i am saying is that when you draft in the top 6 four times and do not come away with sure-fire fucking A this is our franchise cornerstone player, you either had shit luck, or did it wrong, or a combination of both.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LeBron suitors

Lakers

+200

76ers
+350

Heat

+500

Knicks
+750

Rockets
+1000

Spurs
+2000

Cavaliers
+3000

Warriors
+5000

Celtics
+5000

Bulls
+7500

Thunder
+7500

Wizards
+10000

Het are 3-1 because its baseed on what people will bet on- not reality.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not saying they did

no one is perfect in the draft--- look at Philly- for every simmons and saric and embiid there is a okafor and noel.

What i am saying is that when you draft in the top 6 four times and do not come away with sure-fire fucking A this is our franchise cornerstone player, you either had shit luck, or did it wrong, or a combination of both.

Tell me who they should've picked other than Zinger (instead of Russell, but then again Russell was traded for Kuzma, so that helps a bit) that would've impressed you in those drafts (within reason, some guy drafted very late wouldn't have been in consideration for a top spot by anyone). They did well for who was available in those drafts, and also did well with their later picks to boot.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did move the goalposts. You said "since he was drafted," not "relative to where he was drafted."

Since they were drafted, their value has gone up.

Relative to where they were drafted, Randle has gotten back to that level (#7), imo. Ingram has not.
since they were drafted their value has gone down as well

if you choose any arbitrary time frame you can frame it anyway you like.

Since they were drafted- ON THE DAY THEY WERE drafted- there value has OVERALL gone down. I dont think yo ucan dispute that --- just like i would never dispute that since Kuzma was drafted his value has gone up.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Het are 3-1 because its baseed on what people will bet on- not reality.

They are 5-1, not 3-1, and I agree its based on perception.
I just dont know many that perceive him returning.

I got 30-1 when he came here the 1st time.
I remember posting on CBS that he was coming and that gamblers should bet at least $100.
At least 1 person did and went on a nice ‘free’ vacation.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me who they should've picked other than Zinger (instead of Russell, but then again Russell was traded for Kuzma, so that helps a bit) that would've impressed you in those drafts (within reason, some guy drafted very late wouldn't have been in consideration for a top spot by anyone). They did well for who was available in those drafts, and also did well with their later picks to boot.
hey i agree with you to a certain extent its luck.

If the Cavs win the lotto a year later instead of a year before they get Anthony Davis instead of Bennett.

The Lakers had the bad luck of getting the #2 pick in a some drafts where the guys at the top, for the most part, just have not been the kind of franchise cornerstones that you would ideally like to get at the #2 pick.

Ive said all along that you have to both lucky and good i nthe draft- getting the right pick in the right draft is everything

taht being said- the Celtics traded down from 1 to 3- because the consensus said that Fultz and Bal lwere the best picks- but they liked Tatum the most and he would be there at 3. Right now NO WAY in hell would the Celtics trade Tatum for Ball- or the Knicks for Porzingis. Honestly id rather have Jaylen Brown than Ingram- but that draft- besides Simmons- was extremely extremely weak on top. So as i said -its a combination of poor drafting and poor luck.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are 5-1, not 3-1, and I agree its based on perception.
I just dont know many that perceive him returning.

I got 30-1 when he came here the 1st time.
I remember posting on CBS that he was coming and that gamblers should bet at least $100.
At least 1 person did and went on a nice ‘free’ vacation.
i mean if you look at the cap situation its practically impossible. Not even trying to be offensive. How in the hell could they get 35 million under the cap? It literally seems impossible. What would even be more impossible is Dan trading him to Miami. lol.