• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What To Expect When Your Fantasy Team Is Expecting

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Jay in June .227/.310/.253 for the season .243/.323/.332
Taveras has been playing CF and hitting .304/.339/.456
Admittedly, this isn't an "outstanding" performance from the JUST TURNED 21 year old in AAA relative to his 2011 and 2012.
I think they're waiting for him to get hot. They've definitely got some pressure now from Pittsburgh and Cincinnati. Last 4 games .429/.429/.714 (SSS be damned....another week like this and MAYBE, just MAYBE....I have 3 teams depending on it)

Isn't Tavares hurt at the moment? I am not sure, and I am too lazy to reach for the laptop to get the info, but I thought I had read something, either yesterday or today about him.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, sounds like he re-injured his ankle.
Likely safe to cut him loose in yearly formats. (I haven't been able to pull the plug yet, though I've gotten to the screen that say "add this player and drop the other") :)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone see a Billy hamilton promotion anytime soon?? i dont understand why not give him a chance, the reds are in major need for some speed, and only xavier paul, heisey and cozart are in his way for 2 positions... If hamilton is anything that they project him to be, the reds will be so much better with a true leadoff hitter...

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone see a Billy hamilton promotion anytime soon?? i dont understand why not give him a chance, the reds are in major need for some speed, and only xavier paul, heisey and cozart are in his way for 2 positions... If hamilton is anything that they project him to be, the reds will be so much better with a true leadoff hitter...

His .243 b.a and especially his .299 OBP tell me a callup is not really close. Right now, he is pretty much a "too bad he can't steal first base" kind of guy, one who is still learning how to play the OF, after being switched from SS.

I think 2014 will be his year, not this year.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His .243 b.a and especially his .299 OBP tell me a callup is not really close. Right now, he is pretty much a "too bad he can't steal first base" kind of guy, one who is still learning how to play the OF, after being switched from SS.

I think 2014 will be his year, not this year.

I dont disagree, that he may not exacly be ready... but teams have brought up players who are not ready before... Hamilton would make this team better... especially because he is replacing players who are not that good in the first place(heisey and Paul). If they really dont believe that hamilton can come up anytime soon then they should trade for Juan Pierre... He is available and likely pretty cheap... But i see the reds problem is that they have no speed and they are using RBI guys to be on base guys...

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your wife's just fucking with you

Watch it Philly, naughty pictures aren't the only thing you can't post here. I used to have a post right above yours, but I dropped the F-Bomb and it was deleted.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch it Philly, naughty pictures aren't the only thing you can't post here. I used to have a post right above yours, but I dropped the F-Bomb and it was deleted.

And I have heard from at least 1 former CBS'er about being banned. I think all of us collectively thought we were going from a G rated forum to one where anything goes. Well, it seems like we are at least allowed R rated content, which I see as a HUGE improvement.

Still, it looks like there ARE actually rules, ones we all need to make sure we follow to be allowed to continue on here.

Baby steps I say..........

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this kind of fits here. The expecting part anyway. Like so many of his starts this year, I expected R.A Dickey to get pounded today vs. the Rays. As such, and as I have a lot this year, I leave him on my bench today.

Complete game shut out, 2 hits, 1 walk, 6 K's.

As usual, I do not regret the move/non-move. I just regret the results, and must vent accordingly.

In fact, let's make it a double vente.......

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I haven't done one of these in a while....
But if there's a guy who deserves a day it's Christian Yelich

July 23: Christian Yelich Day !!!

BIO:
22 years old, 6'4, 195lbs bats L

2013 in AA
.280/.365/.518 7hr 26bb/52k 49 games in AA
2012 .329/.402/.516

Yelich was the minor league player of the year TWICE. (in 2011 and 2012)
He suffered from plantar fasciitis early in the season and then with an abdominal issue, causing him to miss some time this year. His line since his return 2 weeks ago : .379/.485/.517 with a 6bb/7k ratio. He's hot!!

Yelich has one of the sweetest left hand swings you'll ever see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGBnaM8bQKk&list=PLK6bYt6NNwZ-dOENEciyBybmPDiMdzr3Y

There is very little doubt about his hit tool, but what can we expect?
I'm all-in on Yelich (congrats Chef99 for scooping in mbbrl) I think he's a 25-30 hr guy who can chip in 15 steals a year while batting .300. Yep, he's that good.
Just imagine....he was being ranked ahead of Jose Fernandez in org ratings.
Speaking of rankings, here's where Yelich stood on the big boy's midseason lists:

Baseball America: 8
Baseball Prospectus: 7
Keith Law: 12
John Sickels: 12

Most of these lists were done while Yelich was hurt, and though it shouldn't have affected his rankings imo, I'm certain it did in the last 2.
To me, he's in the best bats of the minors group : Sano, Buxton, Taveras, Bogaerts, followed closely by a trio of awesome SS: Correa, Lindor and Russell.
If he's available, do what you have to do to get him. If you own him: enjoy!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Billy Hamilton should have been called up two months ago. Sure, he's not hitting, and maybe he's a Dee Gordon type, but it shouldn't have hurt to try. Any mention of Cozart is useless though, as Billy H will not be a major league SS. That being said, his defense in CF is good enough, and I think they should have explored it. Now, Heisey (and company) will keep Ludwick's seat warm, as he's beginning his rehab assignment this week, and Dusty is all over that! Because, you know, Ryan Ludwick is amazing!

Anywhoo... Billy H will be a great pinch runner in September. I'd much rather the Reds use his 56 SB this year as a bargaining chip to get upgraded somewhere, but I doubt his bat skills would sway anyone important enough at this moment.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just traded Hamilton in my league.....bat is getting worrisome. He's somewhere around 27 k% over the past 2 months. If he finds his way again, he could be a fantasy monster...it's just looking less and less likely. All reports on his defense seem to be fine, he'll make a good CF, and likely a good weapon for the Reds in September and hopefully in the playoffs.

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just traded Hamilton in my league.....bat is getting worrisome. He's somewhere around 27 k% over the past 2 months. If he finds his way again, he could be a fantasy monster...it's just looking less and less likely. All reports on his defense seem to be fine, he'll make a good CF, and likely a good weapon for the Reds in September and hopefully in the playoffs.

:agree:

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Bogaerts day!!!!
It doesn't get any better than this. Arguably the league's best hitting prospect, at a premium position, getting the call to a playoff contender. Damn, I love this game!
Bogaerts is 20 yrs old, and had an 830 ops as the youngest player in AAA.
I'd assume he'd get regular playing time, but WM is hot and Stephen Drew is healthy. The odds of both of those continuing may be slim, but it puts Bogaerts in jeopardy of only playing a few times a week.
This makes me nervous as I have 4 teams, and each of them could use his boost come playoff time.
But enough about me....
Bogaerts has the upside of an all-star every year. He could hit 30hr with a solid .290 avg at SS (or 3B...although I'd suspect he'll stay at SS with Drew's impending FA) His swing can get a little long, but he's shown an incredible ability to adjust to each level he's faced for a player his age.
He's Boston's next great SS, and no matter what he does in 2013, go hard for him in every league next year. He's a stud.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Bogaerts day!!!!
It doesn't get any better than this. Arguably the league's best hitting prospect, at a premium position, getting the call to a playoff contender. Damn, I love this game!
Bogaerts is 20 yrs old, and had an 830 ops as the youngest player in AAA.
I'd assume he'd get regular playing time, but WM is hot and Stephen Drew is healthy. The odds of both of those continuing may be slim, but it puts Bogaerts in jeopardy of only playing a few times a week.
This makes me nervous as I have 4 teams, and each of them could use his boost come playoff time.
But enough about me....
Bogaerts has the upside of an all-star every year. He could hit 30hr with a solid .290 avg at SS (or 3B...although I'd suspect he'll stay at SS with Drew's impending FA) His swing can get a little long, but he's shown an incredible ability to adjust to each level he's faced for a player his age.
He's Boston's next great SS, and no matter what he does in 2013, go hard for him in every league next year. He's a stud.

So, to celebrate Bogaerts day, you also picked up LaTroy Hawkins? Is this like a zen thing? :laugh3:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to have expectations. Now, I seem to have nothing but regrets.....

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked at my leagues' histories...
In my league I traded Neftali Feliz at the deadline in 2011 for the #1 waiver claim, which I used to grab an unlisted Xander Bogaerts. (July 31, 2011)
In another league where I took over a crap squad in 2012, my first draft pick (major league draft) was Xander Bogaerts. The group mocked me, the new guy, in the draft room. I had the worst team and figured I wouldn't compete anyway.
In the new dynasty league Kevin and I started with mostly the same group, I traded my first 2 minors picks (Shelby Miller and Taijuan Walker) for Bogaerts.

So....this truly is about the best day of my baseball season, and a long time coming.
I couldn't trade him straight up for J.Upton in my league last week. (my MI sucks and luckily I was able to swing a deal anyway)

For all you guys that have been waiting like me, I hope you can enjoy an adult beverage later.... you've likely earned it.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked at my leagues' histories...
In my league I traded Neftali Feliz at the deadline in 2011 for the #1 waiver claim, which I used to grab an unlisted Xander Bogaerts. (July 31, 2011)
In another league where I took over a crap squad in 2012, my first draft pick (major league draft) was Xander Bogaerts. The group mocked me, the new guy, in the draft room. I had the worst team and figured I wouldn't compete anyway.
In the new dynasty league Kevin and I started with mostly the same group, I traded my first 2 minors picks (Shelby Miller and Taijuan Walker) for Bogaerts.

So....this truly is about the best day of my baseball season, and a long time coming.
I couldn't trade him straight up for J.Upton in my league last week. (my MI sucks and luckily I was able to swing a deal anyway)

For all you guys that have been waiting like me, I hope you can enjoy an adult beverage later.... you've likely earned it.

Well, I think those of us in MBBRL realize that you know what your're doing. Like I said, savvy. :nod: