• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Should the Titans Do With the Top Pick?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not arguing against trading...I agree with you. TN is not going to win 10 games next yr most likely so they can afford to spread the picks out.

The issue is a trade partner. The best partner out there imo is LA with 15, 43, 45, 76, 111...picks...the funky valuation system would probably say swapping 1 for 15 needs to both 43 & 45 plus 111 or something. Or let's say 2 first rounders '16 & '17, and #45 & #76 this year).

I'd jump on that if I'm TN, but if you're LA...there's a good chance Lynch is on the board at 15...Is Wentz or Goff worth that?

I don't think those three are worth a high first round pick, ( I'm the biggest critic of QB's) but and there is always a but, someone is gonna fall in love with what they think is the next great thing, I think if the Titans get an offer, ( not like the Skins gave up years ago) but something to help the build this year, then roll the dice and see how it plays out...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm LA...I sit tight...unless something changes between now and the draft...I think Lynch will be on the board and keep my other picks.
I think thats pretty smart except that GMs usually don't draft QBs for the next GM to win with. I doubt the Rams are just going to toss away 2016.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be straight with you guys i don't have anything against the Patriots at all but i can see where things like this would make fans of other teams a little sick of the constant bragging. Nothing lasts forever guys and Brady is hitting 40 as well. Also i say sooner rather than later Belichick is gonna want to spend whatever years he has left with his significant other which i'm sure he has.

I'm 41 and went years with no team at all here until we got the Titans in '99.

As far as Tennessee, From 1999 through 2013 the teams first 15 years the Titans had the NFL best record twice,seven winning seasons,six different years of playoff appearances,two AFC championship game appearances and one Super Bowl app. Not bad for the first 15 years in TN.

Tennessee has had two rough seasons back to back all teams at some point go through this.

The team now has a good QB and a GM that just left New England.
Easy big boy. This was mostly in fun. It's what we do around here. Especially considering your boy Hammer talks more smack about the Pats than anyone on this board (especially WRT Tawmy Brady).
On the serious side your ownership is a clown. Having said that I think TN is a couple players away from being a contender in that division. A lot will depend on their QB play and what they get in this draft.
Good luck to TN I have no hatred toward them.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think thats pretty smart except that GMs usually don't draft QBs for the next GM to win with. I doubt the Rams are just going to toss away 2016.

Good point...idk how hot the temp is out there on Fisher and the GM, but it was a little strange he kept them in place...in these kinds of situations...the owner will have a vote.

'16...nor should they...good group of talent...I believe Keesum (sp) will be the starter...but they know he's not the long term QB...should have no bearing on the draft pick at 15.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think those three are worth a high first round pick, ( I'm the biggest critic of QB's) but and there is always a but, someone is gonna fall in love with what they think is the next great thing, I think if the Titans get an offer, ( not like the Skins gave up years ago) but something to help the build this year, then roll the dice and see how it plays out...

Agreed, which is why I don't expect a big jump up the board...but not always.

When you think about the top 3 in this class...prior to bowl season many thought Lynch was the #1 QB prospect...Goff was always in the picture, but didn't win anything of note...Wentz, basically jumped in the picture at the SR Bowl. In a few months it's settled into Wentz,Goff,Lynch.

Winston and Mariota played the entire CFB season with high draft pick expectations and performed well...they were clear cut top 10 BPA type players. If Wentz played at a major football program, yes, I could see LA or another team willing to mortgage the future.

So...TN has to go off grid and accept much less than what the draft value chart says...how much less I guess the next topic. Otherwise I don't see a trade happening, not from the back of pack.

TN has a some pretty good options staying pat. My 4 rd Titans mock

1.1 Jalen Ramsey, S/CB FLS ST
2.33 Vernon Butler, DT LA Tech
3.65 Jerald Hawkins, OT LSU
4.101 Xavien Howard, CB Baylor

That might not be too much of a reach.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, which is why I don't expect a big jump up the board...but not always.

When you think about the top 3 in this class...prior to bowl season many thought Lynch was the #1 QB prospect...Goff was always in the picture, but didn't win anything of note...Wentz, basically jumped in the picture at the SR Bowl. In a few months it's settled into Wentz,Goff,Lynch.

Winston and Mariota played the entire CFB season with high draft pick expectations and performed well...they were clear cut top 10 BPA type players. If Wentz played at a major football program, yes, I could see LA or another team willing to mortgage the future.

So...TN has to go off grid and accept much less than what the draft value chart says...how much less I guess the next topic. Otherwise I don't see a trade happening, not from the back of pack.

TN has a some pretty good options staying pat. My 4 rd Titans mock

1.1 Jalen Ramsey, S/CB FLS ST
2.33 Vernon Butler, DT LA Tech
3.65 Jerald Hawkins, OT LSU
4.101 Xavien Howard, CB Baylor

That might not be too much of a reach.
Ramsey is a stud and I know the pundints have him going high in the draft but man I personally have a hard time taking a S that high. Why not kick the tires on Reggie Nelson in Free Agency then take either Tunsil,Bosa, Jack or Buckner. I think anyone of them have a bigger impact if you can sign a player like Nelson?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramsey is a stud and I know the pundints have him going high in the draft but man I personally have a hard time taking a S that high. Why not kick the tires on Reggie Nelson in Free Agency then take either Tunsil,Bosa, Jack or Buckner. I think anyone of them have a bigger impact if you can sign a player like Nelson?

That's not bad thinking...if the NFL talking heads are right...this draft has 2 plug and play players...Tunsil and Ramsey...the other guys are expected to be good, but may not be big impact players this season...I have some doubts about Bosa being a stud in a 3-4 DEF period...the big fella is always safer, I agree there....move Lewan to RT and maybe go S with the 3rd pick.

Nelson has lost something, the reason CIN made no real attempt to keep him...as a stop gap on a decent team...maybe. TN should probably go younger.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not bad thinking...if the NFL talking heads are right...this draft has 2 plug and play players...Tunsil and Ramsey...the other guys are expected to be good, but may not be big impact players this season...I have some doubts about Bosa being a stud in a 3-4 DEF period...the big fella is always safer, I agree there....move Lewan to RT and maybe go S with the 3rd pick.

Nelson has lost something, the reason CIN made no real attempt to keep him...as a stop gap on a decent team...maybe. TN should probably go younger.
I thought Nelson had a big year last year? What I read was Nelson wants at least a three year deal and no one is biting on that yet? Will be interesting to see who gives in first? I could see Nelson taking a two year from a contender. Most contenders will backload it and Nelson may never see the 2nd year?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Nelson had a big year last year? What I read was Nelson wants at least a three year deal and no one is biting on that yet? Will be interesting to see who gives in first? I could see Nelson taking a two year from a contender. Most contenders will backload it and Nelson may never see the 2nd year?

He did...Too bad he waited until 32 to have a career year...3 yr deal? now it's coming into focus why he's still out there...@ 33 to start the season...do you think he's getting better? Maybe he's looking at what Weddle got...idk....he probably could've gotten 2 yrs from CIN.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did...Too bad he waited until 32 to have a career year...3 yr deal? now it's coming into focus why he's still out there...@ 33 to start the season...do you think he's getting better? Maybe he's looking at what Weddle got...idk....he probably could've gotten 2 yrs from CIN.
I think a 2 year is fair based off of last years stats. I'd love to see NE take him on a 2 year.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a 2 year is fair based off of last years stats. I'd love to see NE take him on a 2 year.

PIT needed S help too, and decided to re-sign a younger vet...strange for your market to dry up completely at 33, but asking for 3 yrs will do it I guess.

CIN had a rather old back 4 as well with Adam Jones, Leon Hall and Nelson all getting a lot of snaps. They extended Iloka to a healthy deal, probably decided to go younger at the other S spot.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"What Should Tennessee Do?"

Hire a baseball guy to run their draft...oh wait, that's what Cleveland did...:thumb:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"What Should Tennessee Do?"

Hire a baseball guy to run their draft...oh wait, that's what Cleveland did...:thumb:
What the heck, it's a copy cat league go for it:lol:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bosa for their second-rounder maybe?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosa. A good defense is a QB's best friend.