• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is the point of starting a rookie QB week 1 if you bench him by week 5?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a bigger fan of Jimmy than you

yes, the shelf life of a backup QB in the NFL is amazing......Kellen Clemons still backs up in SD...Matt Cassell, etc.

Amazing that Bortles probably has a decade of football ahead of him

Now...QB2 is one of the best gigs in professional sports.

Jimmy...his sample size is just too small for me in the protective environment that is the NE Patriots...you put him on the Browns idt we're seeing the same player.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a bad idea to start Kizer. He was clearly no where near ready coming out of college. Actually, he was picked too early, which only raised expectations.

It's the Browns being the Browns.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Hogan alot coming out as a late round pick. Thought he had some upside.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was exactly the point of starting Kizer?

I think it's one of those deals where Kizer probably looked good in camp and OTAs...certainly as good as Osweiler, Kessler, or Hogan.

But when real game action hits and the starting DEF that has game planned all week is going 100%...Kizer is not looking as good....can anyone say predictable?

Ultimately you end up dragging the whole team through Kizer's learning curve and when you've only won 1 games in your last 21 starts that can wear thin...so, you break it up, give Hogan a few games and hopefully the results change. If not, they will be back to Kizer to finish out the season.

Maybe it's just me, and I guess this is where you are coming from as well...if winning games was the primary objective, they probably should've gone a different direction at QB from the jump street and worked back to Kizer.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP with the trash avatar.