• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is the god damn plan again??

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is the plan to completely fucking embarrass your city like they do every fucking season?

lol 0-10

Flyers 6-8-2

Eagles 4-5

Phillies over 90 losses

This is a fucking joke.............What the hell is the plan? This franchise has been jack shit ever since the Iverson era, who ever thought we would all miss that guy chuck up 30 shots a night. Atleast they fucking won

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another stellar performance tonight

0-12

another home loss, its not that they are losing, but they are getting embarrassed almost every single game

tonights loss by what almost 30 pts?? to the fucking Pacers

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iverson was the fucking man.

This plan's going fine. Just need to add some guards.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0-15

we all know its bad, but this just might be one of, if not THE worst professional sports team of all time

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem. Now we'll get a better guard.

We're going to suck until we land that generational talent, and then we'll compete for years. Blame the NBA for being a shitty league.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers beat the Lakers to get their 1st win. Book it!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The plan is to get the #1 pick and the NBA keeps fucking screwing us. Especially that year with the homo Lebron and that shit city, Cleveland.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers will get screwed out of the #1 pick again. Even though they're 1-27, they're only 3 1/2 in front of the Lakers for the worst spot.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would bump this but i see its still the top thread on this forum..........that is saaaaaaaaaaad

That is how far off the franchise has fallen to the point that no one gives a fuck about this franchise anymore

So again.......i ask..........what is the plan again? 3 years later and this team is no where close to even being respectable much less a playoff contender

This franchise is the Cleveland Browns of the NBA

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're going to get 3 lottery picks added to the team next year and probably more. They keep adding talent. They have a good coach and the kids play hard. But apparently you don't want to do anything but bitch so I'll just end it there.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hinkie steps down as 76ers GM in 13-page letter

Well Hinkie's out

Sounds like Bryan Colangelo will be in though
B. Colangelo had early success but how much can be attributed to Jerry Colangelo?

Even though I put my faith in Hinkie's "the Process" I am interested to see how the Colangelo's can get the Sixers back on track

They still have the dearth of draft picks form Hinkie's tenure so that's good

I am a bit irked with Hinkie stepping down though because for me initial reaction is that the last 3 years was a waste - well they were a waste because the Sixers sucked but I hope B. Colangelo comes in here with a plan and not a "well we are going to have to assess everything" and ends up coming in with another 3 year plan...

I think this will work out and credit does have to go to Hinkie
There are some good young players on the Sixers and even in the midst of this losing IMO the Sixers' future was brightening

Whether you agreed or not with Hinkie he did seem to stick to his vision and because of that the Sixers have a nice core of young players currently that can be molded and built from with future picks and moves

It will be interesting to see how the Colangelos take the Sixers to the next step
Maybe next year the Sixers can win 15 games... :dhd:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is the deal with Dario Saric? Honestly, does anyone think he will come over here to play for the Sixers? He will be entering his final year of his rookie contract. He pretty much can play this anyway he wants. He has the upper hand here imo.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is the plan to completely fucking embarrass your city like they do every fucking season?

lol 0-10

Flyers 6-8-2

Eagles 4-5

Phillies over 90 losses

This is a fucking joke.............What the hell is the plan? This franchise has been jack shit ever since the Iverson era, who ever thought we would all miss that guy chuck up 30 shots a night. Atleast they fucking won

What did you mean by asking what the plan is? Hinkie, at the time, made the plan pretty clear. The team was going to lose until it had the foundation and centerpieces in place to build for long, sustained success. Yes, the last 3 years sucked but I'll take them over the prior 10 years . . . because now there is something to be excited about in Philadelphia. Simmons, Embiid, Saric, Okafor, Noel, multiple future lottery picks, an enormous amount of cap space. 2016-2017 is too soon for the team to compete but the prospects for 2017-2018 and beyond are very encouraging. This team will be entering its prime as LeBron ages into his mid-30s. They are set up to dominate the East in a few years.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of negativity in this thread, but if you look at the team and the assets that Hinkie inherited versus the assets that he left them with, it's not even close. He determined that there was minimal value in chasing the eighth seed in the playoffs and decided to blow it up by tanking. Remember that the first two seasons they did not finish with the worst record and wound up with the 3rd pick twice. The process finally came to fruition with a last place finish, the 1st pick, and Ben Simmons. Now they potentially have two lottery picks next season (Lakers top 3 protected and the PHI/SAC swap).

They should be fun to watch this year as they figure things out.
Looking forward to discussing the season as it unfolds.