• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is it about Michigan State?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they challenge themselves in the non conference is a big part of it. izzo is a great coach and playing great teams is a lot easier to find the weaknesses in your team and how to improve it than just kicking the crap out of a bunch of garbage.

Yeah, because of this I've become like a secondary fan; been able to see them play in person, and I'm a big Izzo fan, he's a great coach, no doubt about it.

Reactions: H2S

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Them and UCONN get lucky draws every year. FACK THEM!

;)
Duke is on a whole other level when it comes to easy draws. It's unbelievable how easy their pools are.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I'm sure it happens at other schools, with other programs, I just don't see this level of mentoring going on elsewhere. Izzo's kids buy-in to the family stuff, the tough love stuff, the whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger stuff. Wonderful shit, considering that so many of them grew up without fathers and/or caring families.

This is the underlying reason the Spartans have been to the Final Four seven times in the last 17 years under coach Tom Izzo. The older players mentor the younger ones. It's like a family tradition passed from one generation to the next, linking together all of that success. It is about toughness and grit, focus and determination.

One of those branches stretches from Antonio Smith to Andre Hutson to Zach Randolph to Paul Davis to Goran Suton to Green to Dawson, and finally, to Clark.

MSU's Branden Dawson like a big brother to Marvin Clark

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think Izzo is the best pure coach in the country. How in the world this team is where they are now is beyond me especially where they were in Jan-Feb. Its amazing how he can just turn a switch at times and the team just gels. He's truly a remarkable coach.

This isn't a knock on Coach K or the Grease Ball but if there was no 1 and done rule there would most likely only be two of these teams in the F4.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think Izzo is the best pure coach in the country. How in the world this team is where they are now is beyond me especially where they were in Jan-Feb. Its amazing how he can just turn a switch at times and the team just gels. He's truly a remarkable coach.

This isn't a knock on Coach K or the Grease Ball but if there was no 1 and done rule there would most likely only be two of these teams in the F4.
Duke was making Final 4's way before the one and done. Let's not act like coach K is lucky with the rule.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how they do it, but Michigan St. and Izzo are the San Antonio Spurs and Popovich of college hoops. Like I told a buddy of mine, from now on, I don't care if they are a 16 seed coming in off of a play-in game. If Michigan St. is in the tourney and Izzo is the coach, I'm putting them in the final 4 on my brackets.