• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is Buck Talking About?

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your suggesting the the teams who run the MLB to put punishthemslves by putting that clause in the CBA, it wont happen.

and even if it did, you havce to prove the team knew about thier player doping, and or enouraged. if you dont you are vialating antitrust laws that not even the MLB's anti-trust exception can protect them from

Please excuse my ignorance... but couldn't the commissioner invoke the "best interests of baseball" clause to unilaterally add new rules if he wants to? If so, that would be another option to install regulations that are good for the sport (even though they would be hated by both the teams and the players).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please excuse my ignorance... but couldn't the commissioner invoke the "best interests of baseball" clause to unilaterally add new rules if he wants to? If so, that would be another option to install regulations that are good for the sport (even though they would be hated by both the teams and the players).

im not too sure about that, however i do not think he can. if he can however then yes, but that would be a two headed monster. ALL of his new regulations can at that point be challenged in a arbitrators court room or even higher than that. remeber that the only way professional sports teams are safe from anti trust laws is through a CBA. should the commissioner add new regs those would not be protected by the CBA and thre for could techniqually open a whole different flood gate. much better if he works it out with all 32 teams and the union to avoid that kind of problem.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao i hope aroid earns every penny of that stupid contract . i think the most he will get is 50 days .