• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Irks You??

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dropped him in my home league last night. Almost felt like a soul-cleansing. This news this morning hurts less than it could have. I still own him in one dynasty. Will cost me $4 from next year's budget to drop him.
In 2011, I traded Harper for Montero and Hosmer. Will go down as one of my worst deals ever.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what annoys me the most (or the most at this moment) is when you propose a trade, a day passes.....two days pass...three days, and you see that owner picking up and dropping players so you know dam well he see's the trade proposal but doesn't have the courtesy to respond.

I don't know about anyone else but If I'm sent a proposal, sometime that day I'm either accepting, rejecting, countering or sending them an e-mail saying I'm thinking about it so they're not left hanging.

And Big D, this certain someone is in our roto league if you care to wager a guess who (not sure if he's on here or not).

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what annoys me the most (or the most at this moment) is when you propose a trade, a day passes.....two days pass...three days, and you see that owner picking up and dropping players so you know dam well he see's the trade proposal but doesn't have the courtesy to respond.

I don't know about anyone else but If I'm sent a proposal, sometime that day I'm either accepting, rejecting, countering or sending them an e-mail saying I'm thinking about it so they're not left hanging.

AMEN REV!!!!!

It's common courtesy..........., or it used to be, when courtesy was common.

And Big D, this certain someone is in our roto league if you care to wager a guess who (not sure if he's on here or not).

Gotta bust out the laptop to check on this, as I can't keep people straight from league to league.

BRB

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2011, I traded Harper for Montero and Hosmer. Will go down as one of my worst deals ever.

Ouch, that's right up there with my biggest blunder.
In 2006 in my keeper league I traded Prince Fielder for the can't miss rookie Delmon Young. :doh:
Some wounds take a while to heal.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give you a hint, it's not you so that leaves 8.

Stupid slow w-fi box thingy........

And damn the I.T no fun police for blocking all my sports info sites, under the guise that they are used for games.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I am very un-patiently waiting, here is an item I will share. It not a problem, but just an occurance, one I am not sure that I have seen before.

I have a fantasy team that today, features ZERO active hitters. None. 10 hitting spots, and nothing. AND,...., I have only 1 closer who MAY play.

Has anyone ever seen or done this before. I know it is just a scheduling quirk about who I have and what team they play for, but, how odd, huh?

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid slow w-fi box thingy........
And damn the I.T no fun police for blocking all my sports info sites, under the guise that they are used for games.

You need to get your boss into fantasy sports, that way those sites get un-blocked.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I am very un-patiently waiting, here is an item I will share. It not a problem, but just an occurance, one I am not sure that I have seen before.
I have a fantasy team that today, features ZERO active hitters. None. 10 hitting spots, and nothing. AND,...., I have only 1 closer who MAY play.
Has anyone ever seen or done this before. I know it is just a scheduling quirk about who I have and what team they play for, but, how odd, huh?

I have something close to that in my keeper league. Starlin Castro is the only hitter I have that is playing today, the other 13 are off. All the teams my pitchers are on are off today except Shields and he's not starting.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After finally checking......., I am not sure. Rolling Hills?

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its all about what team they play for. Out of 23 available players I only have 4 hitting spots & NO pitchers of any type going today

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, the great ab, the same guy who picked up and dropped multiple pitchers in like a minute.

And it was Mr. Hills that had issue with this. That is, until I explained that Yahoo is set to deal with this senario, and that the guys that were quickly dropped were made immediately avail for pick up.

I don't like when this happens, but, I must say I have been guilty once or twice, but usually only after reading something bad about someone I just picked up.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it was Mr. Hills that had issue with this. That is, until I explained that Yahoo is set to deal with this senario, and that the guys that were quickly dropped were made immediately avail for pick up.

I don't like when this happens, but, I must say I have been guilty once or twice, but usually only after reading something bad about someone I just picked up.

I've been guilty of picking a guy up and dropping him minutes later (usually an impulse buy), but I've never done what he did. That's just bush league.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have something close to that in my keeper league. Starlin Castro is the only hitter I have that is playing today, the other 13 are off. All the teams my pitchers are on are off today except Shields and he's not starting.

So far, the guys to have today are Castro & McCutcheon. Now, I know I have them, but am not sure if I have them on the same team.

:clap:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got Sally P and Lorenzo Cain tonight...not expecting a banner evening.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got Sally P and Lorenzo Cain tonight...not expecting a banner evening.

Did you watch "your" show Masterchef last night Chef? If so, any idea on why the bald, skinny chef Joe has to be such a dick to everyone?

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the fact that Rickie "The Stikeout Machine" Weeks is the highest paid player on the Brewers roster.

Piece of shit - release this bum outright if you have to and bring in one of the young pups from AAA

Last edited by a moderator:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the fact that Rickie "The Stikeout Machine" Weeks is the highest paid player on the Brewers roster.

Piece of shit - release this bum outright if you have to and bring in one of the young pups from AAA

Especially after the "ole job" he pulled either last night, or, the night before. It was not a basic play, but not far from it, and he let the ball get underneath him.

It seem that in the recent past, there have been guys who had years way below their career norms, only to pop back up the next year. With Weeks, this is 2 years in a row that he has sucked.

As such, I agree. He has to go.