• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What in the holy hell is the LA Rams front office thinking?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In draft terms, a future 1st next year is worth a 2nd rounder this year. So putting a 4 year pricetag on the RG3 trade isn't a good thing to brag about. But lets look at that rg3 trade now:

Greg Robinson: worst LT in football last year
Alec Ogletree: Starter, was injured last year
Michael Brockers: Starter
Janoris Jenkins: not on the team anymore
Stedman Bailey: not on the team anymore
Isaiah Pead: not on the team anymore
Rok Watkins: not on the team anymore
Zac Stacey: not on the team anymore

Greg Robinson still has promise, and could be a good guard.
Ogletree is great. He'll be a stat-whore this year at middle linebacker
Janoris Jenkins will get them a third rounder due to the contract the Giants threw at him
Stedman is still on the team. He practiced last week
Zac Stacey was flipped for a backup linebacker. Bryce Hagar

Actual lessons from that trade: Surefire can't miss left tackle picks drafted in the top 5 usually miss. And RGKnee sucks.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great trade for both teams imo.. The Rams have a good young team on both sides of the ball and now they will add either Goff or Wentz to their team.. Winner!! I would take Goff if i were them, and it's not even close btw..

The Titans, they have a franchise QB, and now they get to add even more weapons for him.. Winner!!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same Rams, just in a different city. Kroenke is a terrible owner, always has been. Les Snead doesn't know what he is doing. Jeff Fisher is not a good coach, his record shows that. Kevin Demoff is a joke. Stupidity followed the Rams to LA.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rams know who their guy is and it isn't anything but QB, now if the other QB goes #2, then we should see Ramsey playing in Dallas and that sure sounds fine to me...:thumb:

Cowboys, Chargers, Goff, and Titans were all winners in this. Goff/Wentz obviously get a bit more money and Goff doesn't have to go play in dreaded Cleveland. St. Louis may not be that much better but he's got Gurley at least and it's not Cleveland. Chargers definitely lock up Tunsil. Yes Weddle is gone but the O-Line in San Diego sucks and keeping Rivers upright for the next few years is all they can do to try and win. Dallas gets the big win with Ramsey falling to them. It just makes too much sense for those two picks.

Rams, Browns, Ramsey, and 49ers are losers. Rams lose way too much for an 'okay' QB prospect. Browns now get the spoils. They wanted Goff apparently but now the Rams are saying they want Goff lol. Ramsey is no longer the #1 overall (LOL at you Ramsey) and 49ers can't get a QB at no. 7 overall which means Kaepernick wont be traded and the Broncos have to go in with Mark 'the butt fumble' Sanchez.

Pretty hilarious when all is said and done. All about two teams from Seattle's division getting bent over.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great trade for both teams imo.. The Rams have a good young team on both sides of the ball and now they will add either Goff or Wentz to their team.. Winner!! I would take Goff if i were them, and it's not even close btw..

The Titans, they have a franchise QB, and now they get to add even more weapons for him.. Winner!!
I have to agree with you here, although they really do need some WR/TE help, and they're left with just hoping something great comes out of the later rounds. Obviously that can happen - 2 of the top 4 WRs in the league last year were drafted in the 4th and 6th, respectively - but you don't want to have that as your best bet.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys, Chargers, Goff, and Titans were all winners in this. Goff/Wentz obviously get a bit more money and Goff doesn't have to go play in dreaded Cleveland. St. Louis may not be that much better but he's got Gurley at least and it's not Cleveland. Chargers definitely lock up Tunsil. Yes Weddle is gone but the O-Line in San Diego sucks and keeping Rivers upright for the next few years is all they can do to try and win. Dallas gets the big win with Ramsey falling to them. It just makes too much sense for those two picks.

Rams, Browns, Ramsey, and 49ers are losers. Rams lose way too much for an 'okay' QB prospect. Browns now get the spoils. They wanted Goff apparently but now the Rams are saying they want Goff lol. Ramsey is no longer the #1 overall (LOL at you Ramsey) and 49ers can't get a QB at no. 7 overall which means Kaepernick wont be traded and the Broncos have to go in with Mark 'the butt fumble' Sanchez.

Pretty hilarious when all is said and done. All about two teams from Seattle's division getting bent over.
The Browns were losers? Seriously? They're maybe the biggest winners in all of this, outside of Tennessee.

If they want Goff, but the Rams take him, they now are able to start the bidding war for the #2 pick among teams enamored with Goff - namely, Dallas, Philly and SF. Here come the picks.

If they want Goff and the Rams take Wentz, then they're fine.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns were losers? Seriously? They're maybe the biggest winners in all of this, outside of Tennessee.

If they want Goff, but the Rams take him, they now are able to start the bidding war for the #2 pick among teams enamored with Goff - namely, Dallas, Philly and SF. Here come the picks.

If they want Goff and the Rams take Wentz, then they're fine.

Dude they are going to take a QB and now their first choice may be taken. The Browns are too stupid of an org to trade down unless an elite talent/blue chip prospect is available, last being Julio Jones.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fans will flock to the stadium until the team starts losing games. Then they'll go back to their other activities.
I agree. Regardless of this trade with the Titans, if the Rams win and make it to the playoffs, most every fan will be happy.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude they are going to take a QB and now their first choice may be taken. The Browns are too stupid of an org to trade down unless an elite talent/blue chip prospect is available, last being Julio Jones.
They're in full rebuild mode right now, and the roster is gutted. If their guy is gone and they aren't all in on Wentz, they're trading the pick, or at least making every effort to do so. I've read several articles today about how this trade helps the Browns, as they're now in the catbird seat. There are multiple outlets stating that both the Cowboys and Eagles are in love with Wentz. If Cleveland isn't, both teams will be calling (word is, Philly already has been). They're in a great spot right now. You're the first and only person I've seen say they somehow ended up the loser.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're in full rebuild mode right now, and the roster is gutted. If their guy is gone and they aren't all in on Wentz, they're trading the pick, or at least making every effort to do so. I've read several articles today about how this trade helps the Browns, as they're now in the catbird seat. There are multiple outlets stating that both the Cowboys and Eagles are in love with Wentz. If Cleveland isn't, both teams will be calling (word is, Philly already has been). They're in a great spot right now. You're the first and only person I've seen say they somehow ended up the loser.

They WILL get phone calls. I think they take the best-available deal that allows them to get an immediate impact player and additional starters.

It's going to be virtually impossible to blow this.

Isn't it? :noidea:

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In draft terms, a future 1st next year is worth a 2nd rounder this year. So putting a 4 year pricetag on the RG3 trade isn't a good thing to brag about. But lets look at that rg3 trade now:

Yep!! Good info.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why is this the case? Wouldn't teams focused around long-term success consistently trade their current 2nd for a first the following year?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They WILL get phone calls. I think they take the best-available deal that allows them to get an immediate impact player and additional starters.

It's going to be virtually impossible to blow this.

Isn't it? :noidea:
Haha, I would like to think. When I was coming into work after the trade was announced, the local ESPN affiliate guys were saying how this trade may have ended up protecting the Browns from themselves. They really can't lose, unless they end up using the 2nd pick on like Connor Cook or something.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, I would like to think. When I was coming into work after the trade was announced, the local ESPN affiliate guys were saying how this trade may have ended up protecting the Browns from themselves. They really can't lose, unless they end up using the 2nd pick on like Connor Cook or something.

...or Joey Bosa. :whistle:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...or Joey Bosa. :whistle:
As much as I hate to say it, you're right. That would be a way they could realistically mess this up, unless Horton gets canned after one year and they go to a 4-3.