• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do you want to see the Mariners do at the deadline?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack may have nothing do with Cano regressing but he still gave that guy that contract. He gave him that contract because of his inability to develop offense.

He may have nothing to do with Rodney pitching like a dud but he provided no backup closing options for a 38 year old at the end of his career. This team pissed away an extra game or two because they were ill prepared for their closer imploding.

As for Cruz, I loved the signing but his value is 100% on offense. He is a terrible defender and he will lose you many runs in the field. This team for whatever reason thought playing him 75% of the time out there was a good idea. And look he's left games hurt twice in the last couple of weeks.

I also don't care if Trumbo made an all star team. He wasn't a fit on this team. They didn't need another DH who couldn't get on base and strike out a lot. Not only that they gave up a decent prospect and a decent catcher whom this team could desperately use.

This is 100% on Jack. If I had my way he wouldn't make another move, take another phone call or eat another meal here. Good Riddance!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to know who went from 'Cruz is 100% a DH' after the signing to 'He is our everyday RF'? Jack or Lloyd? Abbott or Costello?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to know who went from 'Cruz is 100% a DH' after the signing to 'He is our everyday RF'? Jack or Lloyd? Abbott or Costello?

People like to throw the blame on Jack, and a lot of it does belong there, but Lloyd doesn't help things much. He's a mediocre manager. Obviously mediocrity can be compensated for with good play, since the impact of the manager isn't the same as in football with the head coach, but Lloyd makes some pretty questionable decisions that cost us at the margin.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People like to throw the blame on Jack, and a lot of it does belong there, but Lloyd doesn't help things much. He's a mediocre manager. Obviously mediocrity can be compensated for with good play, since the impact of the manager isn't the same as in football with the head coach, but Lloyd makes some pretty questionable decisions that cost us at the margin.

But that is Jack's hire though so that is on Jack as well. I'm not a fan of Lloyd because he has no identity and has the strangest tactics and the most political manager the Mariners have ever had IMO but that is still on Jack.

I just don't get how anyone can honestly defend Jack for having a job. The only good things he has done was the Guti trade (but he for some reason black balled Mike Carp), dealing for Lee and resigning Felix, which is completely negated by his Fister trade and Chone Figgins signing. Even taking an honest look at his one "big" offseason, he spent a boat load on Cano who plays the one position that they had like 6 guys who's real MLB position is 2B, and bought a closer, another one of the team's strengths.