• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do the Washington Capitals do?

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seasons over. Yeah, they can still make the playoffs, but they won't. They'll beat the Bruins and get back to a position where they could make it in, but they won't and I'm fully aware of that.

So honestly, what do the Capitals do this offseason? I have some thoughts, but there's so much I see wrong that I wouldn't know where to start. Well, that's not true. Hunter has to go. And if Mcphee doesn't think that, then he should go too. Even if he does, it might be time for him to go regardless.

After that though, far too much is wrong:
No 2nd line Center
Defensive Depth
Goaltending
Consistant Offense
A Defensive system that isn't man-to-man because obviously no one can cover anyone in said system

The list goes on and on.

What should the Washington Capitals do?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOT re-sign Hunter. Go get a bonafide coach who can handle superstars.

I would fire GMGM as well, as much as I have liked him, some fires need to be lit.

As far as roster moves.....resign Wideman, if possible, let Green go and get back whatever pick you can for him. Sign Carlson, but not for more than Alzner. This season really diminished his value anyway. Let Knuble and Semin go. See if you can move Hamrlik, Schultz and or Erskine at the draft. Re-sign Perrault and Beagle for cap friendly numbers. Let Vokoun walk. Work with Holtby and Neuvy going forward and filll in holes as free agency plays out. I cannot fill the holes right now without knowing who the coach will be, though. Go back to an offense first system though.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade OV to the Bruins for nothing...

Just a thought

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I bet that Hunter is good with younger guys in the AHL or something. Teaches them discipline etc but that shit dont fly with the pros.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOT re-sign Hunter. Go get a bonafide coach who can handle superstars.

I would fire GMGM as well, as much as I have liked him, some fires need to be lit.

As far as roster moves.....resign Wideman, if possible, let Green go and get back whatever pick you can for him. Sign Carlson, but not for more than Alzner. This season really diminished his value anyway. Let Knuble and Semin go. See if you can move Hamrlik, Schultz and or Erskine at the draft. Re-sign Perrault and Beagle for cap friendly numbers. Let Vokoun walk. Work with Holtby and Neuvy going forward and filll in holes as free agency plays out. I cannot fill the holes right now without knowing who the coach will be, though. Go back to an offense first system though.

I think i'd agree with most of this. I think Erskine is a UFA and he's not coming back. Hamrlik's deal is pretty large, so I don't think anyone will bite at the chance to get him. Schultz would be the only guy that we could deal, but he's grown a lot this season I think although he still needs work.

Would you be willing to trade Holtby/Carlson + a pick or something else to fill the 2nd line Center role? I'd definately consider it....

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think i'd agree with most of this. I think Erskine is a UFA and he's not coming back. Hamrlik's deal is pretty large, so I don't think anyone will bite at the chance to get him. Schultz would be the only guy that we could deal, but he's grown a lot this season I think although he still needs work.

Would you be willing to trade Holtby/Carlson + a pick or something else to fill the 2nd line Center role? I'd definately consider it....

If we do that (not saying that I am opposed), we would need to spend some cap space on a backup goaltender, preferably a vet of some sort and go all in with Neuvy.

I am not completely done on Carlson. I think he, Orlov and Alzner could be a futre for us, but it takes someone to get someone and I would prefer him of the three.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately, I think a lot ends up depending on what Kuznetsov does. He's retracted his statement saying that he's staying in the KHL and said it was just to get the media off his back. I think the front office sees him as filling the 2nd line center roll if he does come over. Also, if he does end up staying in the KHL, unfortunately, I think the liklihood of Sasha resigning is much greater.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seasons over. Yeah, they can still make the playoffs, but they won't. They'll beat the Bruins and get back to a position where they could make it in, but they won't and I'm fully aware of that.

So honestly, what do the Capitals do this offseason? I have some thoughts, but there's so much I see wrong that I wouldn't know where to start. Well, that's not true. Hunter has to go. And if Mcphee doesn't think that, then he should go too. Even if he does, it might be time for him to go regardless.

After that though, far too much is wrong:
No 2nd line Center
Defensive Depth
Goaltending
Consistant Offense
A Defensive system that isn't man-to-man because obviously no one can cover anyone in said system

The list goes on and on.

What should the Washington Capitals do?

Umm, piss off.

I cAnT wAtCh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They still have a shot to make the playoffs.

They hold the tiebreaker on Buffalo.
And the Panthers aren't playing well, really. Anything is possible, especially with the Panthers. I'm so close to being very excited...

With that said, fire Dale Hunter. That's a start.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start stockpiling draft picks.

Sens give you their 1st for John Carlson.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still have a shot to make the playoffs.

They hold the tiebreaker on Buffalo.
And the Panthers aren't playing well, really. Anything is possible, especially with the Panthers. I'm so close to being very excited...

With that said, fire Dale Hunter. That's a start.

Yeah, but they aren't. I have already come to terms with this.