• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What browser do you use?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, one draw back, it seems to take a long time to load latest posts on the front page.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, one draw back, it seems to take a long time to load latest posts on the front page.

Change that from long time to not able to. You can navigate all the forums no problem, but it will not load latest posts. That is a deal breaker. Back to pale moon, I like that browser.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use Pale Moon. Since it's just like Firefox, it looks exactly the same way. I'm thankful for that since I still use an extremely old look since I like having the Google Toolbar and newer versions of Firefox don't have it available.

:thumb: That makes two of us.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, as well as my iPad. Been thinking about making the switch to Mac but haven't decided.

Both are good. I'll always be a PC guy, but I own two iPads and a MacBook laptop.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Change that from long time to not able to. You can navigate all the forums no problem, but it will not load latest posts. That is a deal breaker. Back to pale moon, I like that browser.

Could be the ad block, seen it happen on other browsers with ad blocks. Haven't had any problem using the browser on Linux so far but haven't enabled many options either. Still trying to get network sharing to Windows up and running...a step back from Ubuntu in that everything has to be set up manually like pre 11.04 releases of Ubuntu.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be the ad block, seen it happen on other browsers with ad blocks. Haven't had any problem using the browser on Linux so far but haven't enabled many options either. Still trying to get network sharing to Windows up and running...a step back from Ubuntu in that everything has to be set up manually like pre 11.04 releases of Ubuntu.

Mmmm, you could be right. Later I'll go back an disable them, and see what happens.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Turned off everything that I added and same problem.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chrome for most of the sites I view. It presents flash content for these pro guitar tab websites I use to learn songs the best. IE would choke on 30% of them and not want to load in full screen mode. Drove me nuts. Chrome. No problem.

The only thing I weary about is keeping my gmail and youtube, etc...accounts auto logged in on Chrome. Google is a fine company, but the amount of personal information they collect on you and use to target you with ads and content is staggering.

People can rag Microsoft all they want, but honestly, they're privacy policies are light years better than Google when it comes to collecting personal information about you online.

How dare a company try to present you with ads that will be relevant and useful to you!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just on the Windows version? Strange. Maybe it's like Firefox and needs cleansed on a regular basis to stay working...

Solved the problem. I checked enable scripts and allow scripts to open popups and now it loads newest posts.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solved the problem. I checked enable scripts and allow scripts to open popups and now it loads newest posts.

I wonder if you can add Firefox add-ons to it. Hmm, I'll have to check that. If so Ghostery might be a choice, it seems to cause less problems than other add block and script blockers...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, as well as my iPad. Been thinking about making the switch to Mac but haven't decided.

For your iPad I rocommend atomic for your browser. I think you'll find that it's the best for iPad, go with the pid version which is a whooping .99 cents.