• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are your top 10 coaching jobs going into 2020

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. They are the kind of team that really isn't talented enough to win it all but good enough to be a real pain in the ass for most good teams.

You know who is a pain in their ass some years though? Frickin' Kansas! Except for a couple of blowouts....

2014 TCU 34 Kansas 30
2015 TCU 23 Kansas 17
2016 TCU 24 Kansas 23
2017 TCU 43 Kansas 0
2018 TCU 26 Kansas 27
2019 TCU 51 Kansas 14

Those games were way too close the two years Boykin played. Kansas had no business even being in the games!

I remember that 2014 game in Lawrence. Kansas was horrible but up like 2 scores and absolutely blew it in the second half. Still I was thinking WTf??

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Bama did have two down years in a row: they finished 14-1 in 2018 with a bad loss (28 points) to Clemson in the national championship game; then managed two regular season games in the same season in 2019 for the first time since 2010, but both were by less than a touchdown - and one of those was to the eventual national champions.

I'll still take the Tide over Tennessee, which was lucky to go 8-4 last season.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bammer blather

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa. Easy.

You get paid like a top 10 coach

You never get fired

You only have to ne really good once every 4 or 5 years

If this list is from a coaches perspective theres no way Iowa isnt on it

A lot of the other schools being talked about fire you for going 8-4. Iowa gives you 5M a year and a lifetime extension

But you have to live in Iowa. That alone knocks it out of the top 10.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you have to live in Iowa. That alone knocks it out of the top 10.
Shit Iowa is great. Low crime, low cost of living, great educational system, low taxes, chicks here like to party. Its all good.

fla-TIGER

LSU 2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 966.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude you’re replacing a big percentage of your skilled players on offense plus both your OC and DC. No way you continue to dominate like you did last year. You won’t be horrible but you’ll drop some games.

And this has what to do with LSU being a Top 10 Coaching Job?
With its' tradition, facilties, rabid fan base, local talent and $$$, LSU is easily a Top 10 coaching job, probably Top 5.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa. Easy.

You get paid like a top 10 coach

You never get fired

You only have to ne really good once every 4 or 5 years

If this list is from a coaches perspective theres no way Iowa isnt on it

A lot of the other schools being talked about fire you for going 8-4. Iowa gives you 5M a year and a lifetime extension
Sounds like what they got going on at Georgia Tech.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this has what to do with LSU being a Top 10 Coaching Job?
With its' tradition, facilties, rabid fan base, local talent and $$$, LSU is easily a Top 10 coaching job, probably Top 5.
Google "context".

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Top 10

…...
9. Iowa
….

I am pretty sure you are joking.

In football, Iowa is just like Nebraska but without national championships, but Iowa does go bowling.

Crazy fans.
Coach is paid very well.
No recruiting grounds.
Smallish state population.
Plays in the weak B1G West, then loses if it goes to the B1G Championship.

B1G West teams to have played for the B1G championship

Wisconsin won(but only when they played the "West" and lost when they represented the west, lost even bigger than Nebraska
Northwestern lost
Nebraska lost big
Iowa lost
Michigan State won and lost and the only team to have won from both the "east" and the "West"

The B1G West teams Illinois, Purdue, and Minnesota have yet to go to a CCG.

The only team to ever win the CCG from the "West" was Michigan State.

Iowa City and Johnson County were the epicenter for Covid19 in Iowa until the meat packing plants had their clusters. Johnson County is still 7th, but infected all the counties around them. Linn County, Washington County, Muscatine County, and Louisa County.

Hills Bank confirms it sponsored group in Egyptian cruise linked to Johnson County coronavirus cases

Hills, Iowa is a suburb of Iowa City.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mizzou has won the SEC East twice already........no comparison to Vandy

I also said Mizzou was a really good job....I never said Mizzou was a Top 10 job.

Should have led off with that second statement. But in this comparison, you stated Mizzou being in the SECeast makes it a good job. It doesn’t matter how they performed, that’s where my vandy comment came from.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mizzou has won the SEC East twice already........no comparison to Vandy
As a Vandy grad, no one should be comparing Vandy to anyone else. Football really doesn't matter to the school, unfortunately.

I lived in KC for a while, and have Missouri grad friends. They got about as lucky as they could to win those two SECE championships. Catching UF, UT and UGA way down just won't happen very often.

In 2013, UF was 4-8, UGA was decimated by the draft and injuries and lost to Vandy, UTjr was 5-7, and Mizzou got Ole Miss and TAMU from the West. In 2014, Missouri loses to UGA, but gets Arkansas and TAMU from the West. UTjr is 7-6, UF is 7-5. Then UGA loses to USCjr and UF. It will take an easy West schedule, and for the SECE top 3 to suck for Missouri to win the SECE in the future. I just don't think their recruiting base will let them be much more than a USCjr type team.

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Vandy grad, no one should be comparing Vandy to anyone else. Football really doesn't matter to the school, unfortunately.

I lived in KC for a while, and have Missouri grad friends. They got about as lucky as they could to win those two SECE championships. Catching UF, UT and UGA way down just won't happen very often.

In 2013, UF was 4-8, UGA was decimated by the draft and injuries and lost to Vandy, UTjr was 5-7, and Mizzou got Ole Miss and TAMU from the West. In 2014, Missouri loses to UGA, but gets Arkansas and TAMU from the West. UTjr is 7-6, UF is 7-5. Then UGA loses to USCjr and UF. It will take an easy West schedule, and for the SECE top 3 to suck for Missouri to win the SECE in the future. I just don't think their recruiting base will let them be much more than a USCjr type team.

Give me a freaking break......we heard the same crap when Mizzou won the Big 12 North. I guess when Nebraska won the North it wasn't down. It isn't down when Georgia wins the East. Mizzou and South Carolina both finished in the Top 5 in the final polls in 2013 season. You act like A&M and Ole Miss were bad teams in 2013.

2014.....Mizzou beat USCjr and Florida, so I guess if Georgia was good enough they should have done the same thing. Mizzou went 7-1 in SEC in both 2013 and 2014.

When is the last time UT has been good?????? Hell even Barry Odom pounded Florida 2 straight seasons, Odom wasn't a good coach. Florida was 10-3 in 2018 when Odom whipped them.

Gary Pinkel proved that Mizzou recruiting can be pretty solid and Drinkwitz is off to a solid start.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a freaking break......we heard the same crap when Mizzou won the Big 12 North. I guess when Nebraska won the North it wasn't down. It isn't down when Georgia wins the East. Mizzou and South Carolina both finished in the Top 5 in the final polls in 2013 season. You act like A&M and Ole Miss were bad teams in 2013.

2014.....Mizzou beat USCjr and Florida, so I guess if Georgia was good enough they should have done the same thing. Mizzou went 7-1 in SEC in both 2013 and 2014.

When is the last time UT has been good?????? Hell even Barry Odom pounded Florida 2 straight seasons, Odom wasn't a good coach. Florida was 10-3 in 2018 when Odom whipped them.

Gary Pinkel proved that Mizzou recruiting can be pretty solid and Drinkwitz is off to a solid start.
Big 12 North was down when they won it.. don't @ me losers

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I repeat ... you will occasionally be good enough to win the SECE when it is down ... basically a midwestern version of USCjr. But, it is highly unlikely. You came into the SEC when Missouri was at its apex, and the SECE was down.

As for recruiting, you give me a freaking break ... here are your SEC recruiting rankings since you've been in the SEC:

13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 12, 13, 14, 11 (that's out of 14 teams, FYI) ... what aspect of that is pretty solid recruiting?

Basically, you out recruit Vandy every year. That's it. You aren't in the same stratosphere as the top teams in the SEC.

Nationally since you have been in the SEC, your rankings have been:

50, 37, 43, 43, 43, 25, 37, 43, 33

Since when has "off to a good start" been 50th?

By the way, I hope you beat UF and UTjr every year.

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have led off with that second statement. But in this comparison, you stated Mizzou being in the SECeast makes it a good job. It doesn’t matter how they performed, that’s where my vandy comment came from.
I repeat ... you will occasionally be good enough to win the SECE when it is down ... basically a midwestern version of USCjr. But, it is highly unlikely. You came into the SEC when Missouri was at its apex, and the SECE was down.

As for recruiting, you give me a freaking break ... here are your SEC recruiting rankings since you've been in the SEC:

13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 12, 13, 14, 11 (that's out of 14 teams, FYI) ... what aspect of that is pretty solid recruiting?

Basically, you out recruit Vandy every year. That's it. You aren't in the same stratosphere as the top teams in the SEC.

Nationally since you have been in the SEC, your rankings have been:

50, 37, 43, 43, 43, 25, 37, 43, 33

Since when has "off to a good start" been 50th?

By the way, I hope you beat UF and UTjr every year.

Keep up with the narrative.....it is false. Georgia and Florida only won the East when Mizzou was down