• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What a great read

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the best lines in the the blog!

PS, for the folks who were in the media room and clapped following Pelini***8217;s news conference. What a sad and disgraceful showing from people who should know better. This wasn***8217;t a live stage show, it was a grown man not acting his age.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the best lines in the the blog!

PS, for the folks who were in the media room and clapped following Pelini***8217;s news conference. What a sad and disgraceful showing from people who should know better. This wasn***8217;t a live stage show, it was a grown man not acting his age.

No doubt. (drop) ;)

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait to here the show at 2pm. Wonder if Mike'l might go more in details on his thoughts!

spdybeaver

Shat on a turtle...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That really doesn't say a whole helluva lot jed. Im not an apologist, it was a fine opinion piece. Cited an unnamed 'former athletic department worker'. Had one sentence dealing with your 'fan' claim.

In my opinion, Bo shouldn't care what the fans think...to an extent. Obviously, he should care that the product he puts out on the field is accepted & loved by the loyal followers, but to the extent of play-calling, playing time, et al...any coach who worries what tom, dick, or harry think will soon be getting his walking papers.

Bo doesn't have to like me. He doesn't know me. He doesn't have to like the press, or give in to their every need. If I were in charge, I would recommend that he give a little more in terms of answers at the end of the game or during the week to the national media type, or even OWH guys...but he doesn't need to recite novels.

Again, as far as fans are concerned...from a lifelong fan...I do not care if he likes me. If he does his job, wins ballgames, keeps our program out of the OSU/Miami sanction discussion & continues to build here, I am happy. We start losing to the Minnesotas of the world, we'll discuss again.

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo doesn't have to like me. He doesn't know me. He doesn't have to like the press, or give in to their every need. If I were in charge, I would recommend that he give a little more in terms of answers at the end of the game or during the week to the national media type, or even OWH guys...but he doesn't need to recite novels.

Most major coaches Pros and Colleges like the National Media more than the local media. That is from coast to coast. It just not a Bo thing!

spdybeaver

Shat on a turtle...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
agreed. They know where their bread is buttered. More local media have agendas, whereas national media don't as much...not that it's not there either.

wearegettingthere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that blog will go over well here. LOL.

As the blogger correctly pointed out, as long as the team wins, Bo's shenanigans will be tolerated. I also agree with the implication the blogger made that Bo needs to take on some of the characteristics of Tom Osborne.

I especially like this quote from the blogger- "A lost to a struggling, injured and suspended Ohio state could have been devastating".

Grammatical errors aside, a 21 point overcome deficit is worthy of praise whether the team you beat is LSU or Western Kentucky. That was a great comeback Saturday night, however, let's stop calling Ohio State a good team. They have great players, just like last year's Texas team had great players, but neither team can be considered good.

Since none of us are naive enough to think a 94-97 run is possible again in this age of College Football, what are reasonable expectations? Is 10 wins a year acceptable? What is unacceptable is a Holiday Bowl like performance again. Credit to Bo and the team for averting that disaster Saturday night. I would like to see Bo and Taylor succeed. we've seen Taylor be successful before. Last year's OSU game comes to mind. He hasn't learned to be consistent and his primadonna attitude doesn't do him any favors.

Didn't intend to go this long.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOW COULD DR TOM DO THIS TO US! GBR

WHAT KIND OF SILLY NONSENSE IS GOING ON, I LOVE DR TOM, BUT HE SHOULD BE FIRED IMO

HE DOESN'T RESPECT FANS, AND OWH IS THE GATEWAY TO FANS.. GBR

DR TOM NEEDS TO REORGANIZE HIS PRIORITIES... GBR DR TOM

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I did not hear what or how Bo addressed the press after the game this past weekend... I stand by Bo in as much as it's hard to stand in front of wannabe football analysts who ask the same question in 5 different forms or versions.

The come-back win spoke for itself as TM did what he was expected to do by coaching staff in the second half. Not everything can be explained in laymans terms (first half performance) so the (media) can wrap their mind around it.

Do I believe that Bo hates the fans? No, I do not believe he hates the fans and would bet that the wording herein is somewhat twisted... Bo is a public figure and has a hard time or should I say NO TIME to swaddle the infant like mentality and entitlement attitudes of the local media. Like it or not, he is what he is and that is a Blue collar coach who may be a few decades behind the ever changing (politically correct speaking) media darling coaches!

Bo is the man in charge and will float his boat the way he wants too!!!

I know this is not very popular with the main stream whiny ass population but too bad...

I suspect this will be Bo's downfall and all of you who live to be pampered or have to be coddled will win out...and Bo will be the next victim of your ignorant and entitlement attitudes which will cause our program to search for... and obtain that one special coach who has the perfect answer that satisfies the press and public...

I will stand by Bo over the media any day, win or lose; at least I know his intentions are honorable!

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fail to see how any of this DC vs BP garbage helps us as fans or the program. Should I expect to get cheated out of any insight after a game from now on, just as I was on Sat.?

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoy listening to Bo talk about football and the team in general, he seems to know a lot about our team for some reason. Why can't I just hear what he has to say instead of a fucking reporter coming in a ruining it for us, fans.

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
local media can kiss my ass and bos ass too... they are agenda writing tools... if they were good at their job... they would not be working for a local outlet...

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont give a rats ass if Bo ever does anouther post game interview again. All I want is for Nebraska to win that is all and if we win we win if we lose we lose I dont need to know how it happend by dipshit reporters asking bullshit stupid questions.

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell let just get a MMA match or a Hell in the Cell match (WWE) for the Saturday Night at Memorial Stadium. Nebraska can make some money.

In the blue corner Dirk "The Squirt" Chatelain vs. Mark Bo "Bones" Pelini. Winner take all match!

If Dirk wins - Dirk can write and say anything and Bo has to take it like a man and answer the questions nicely to Dirk and local media.

If Bo wins - Dirk has to stop writing articles and stories of the football team. Has to write articles about the other sports and or UNO football (oh wait Trev took that away)!

Let go Dirk! He makes fun stuff to talk about on radio and sports sites like this one.

P.S. the above message I wrote is called sarcasm!!

P.S.S. the word sarcasm mean 1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark 3. mocking, contemptuous, or ironic language intended to convey scorn or insult
4. the use or tone of such language
thanks to Dictionary.com

wearegettingthere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I did not hear what or how Bo addressed the press after the game this past weekend... I stand by Bo in as much as it's hard to stand in front of wannabe football analysts who ask the same question in 5 different forms or versions.

The come-back win spoke for itself as TM did what he was expected to do by coaching staff in the second half. Not everything can be explained in laymans terms (first half performance) so the (media) can wrap their mind around it.

Do I believe that Bo hates the fans? No, I do not believe he hates the fans and would bet that the wording herein is somewhat twisted... Bo is a public figure and has a hard time or should I say NO TIME to swaddle the infant like mentality and entitlement attitudes of the local media. Like it or not, he is what he is and that is a Blue collar coach who may be a few decades behind the ever changing (politically correct speaking) media darling coaches!

Bo is the man in charge and will float his boat the way he wants too!!!

I know this is not very popular with the main stream whiny ass population but too bad...

I suspect this will be Bo's downfall and all of you who live to be pampered or have to be coddled will win out...and Bo will be the next victim of your ignorant and entitlement attitudes which will cause our program to search for... and obtain that one special coach who has the perfect answer that satisfies the press and public...

I will stand by Bo over the media any day, win or lose; at least I know his intentions are honorable!

Thank you! Your low self esteem meltdown brought a smile to my face.

wearegettingthere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont give a rats ass if Bo ever does anouther post game interview again. All I want is for Nebraska to win that is all and if we win we win if we lose we lose I dont need to know how it happend by dipshit reporters asking bullshit stupid questions.

Your low self esteem meltdown made me smile as well.