• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL What 5 players are looking like the Heisman Finalists at midseason?

What 5 players are looking like the Heisman Finalists at midseason?

• Total voters

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no valid argument to Barrett not being top 5. This board is not pro-Buckeye and he's top 5. You're wrong and really have no way to prove otherwise.

If he wouldn't have played like absolute dog shit against the one good team Ohio State played, I'd have him in the top 5. The game against PSU will mean a lot towards him getting into contention.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no valid argument to Barrett not being top 5. This board is not pro-Buckeye and he's top 5. You're wrong and really have no way to prove otherwise.

Just want to get this right. 2 or 3 games into the season, Barrett was the third best QB on OSU’s roster, according to OSU fans. Now after playing some of the worst defenses in CFB, he is top 5 for the Heisman?

OSU fans need to make up their mind. :behindsofa:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wouldn't have played like absolute dog shit against the one good team Ohio State played, I'd have him in the top 5. The game against PSU will mean a lot towards him getting into contention.
Whatever. There's never been a time in history where a QB was top 5 in QBR and had a 22:1 TD/INT ratio at a major P5 school and not be considered a top 5 Heisman candidate. This year is no different, even if you're just an OSU hater.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just want to get this right. 2 or 3 games into the season, Barrett was the third best QB on OSU’s roster, according to OSU fans. Now after playing some of the worst defenses in CFB, he is top 5 for the Heisman?

OSU fans need to make up their mind. :behindsofa:
From an actual QB talent potential standpoint, I'm not sure he's ahead of Burrow and Haskins. I think if either of those guys were here in 2014, they'd be starting instead. However, you can't discount what he's done. Kevin Wilson's coaching is starting to show. If he goes out against PSU and totally lays an egg, fine. Right now, though, if the season were to end, he is undoubtedly a Heisman finalist.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever. There's never been a time in history where a QB was top 5 in QBR and had a 22:1 TD/INT ratio at a major P5 school and not be considered a top 5 Heisman candidate. This year is no different, even if you're just an OSU hater.

Already said he has good stats. Neither ESPN, USA Today, or SI thinks he's top 5 at this point, but I'm the hater.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already said he has good stats. Neither ESPN, USA Today, or SI thinks he's top 5 at this point, but I'm the hater.
I mean, you're a pretty unabashed OSU disliker, at least. However, if the season ended right now, he would be top 5. For fuck's sake, ESPN has Minkah Fitzpatrick in their rankings. Doesn't take much to realize it's not realistic. We both know he'd be in New York as the nation's leader in TD passes with a top 5 QBR and only 1 INT playing for the #6 team in the nation.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From an actual QB talent potential standpoint, I'm not sure he's ahead of Burrow and Haskins. I think if either of those guys were here in 2014, they'd be starting instead. However, you can't discount what he's done. Kevin Wilson's coaching is starting to show. If he goes out against PSU and totally lays an egg, fine. Right now, though, if the season were to end, he is undoubtedly a Heisman finalist.
Not taking anything away from Kevin Wilson, but OSU would have blown out every team they played (other than Oklahoma) if Brian Wilson was their OC.

They have played some of the worst defenses in CFB and the only decent defense they played, OSU looked horrendous.

I’d think even the most die hard fans of OSU can recognize this and realize why people would make comments. It is like the UM fans calling O’Korn a real QB because he threw for almost 300 yards on Purdue. Most teams in CFB are simple overmatched. It is what you do against the other talented programs that wins you a Heisman. (Unless you have a year where there is no clear cut leader)

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, you're a pretty unabashed OSU disliker, at least. However, if the season ended right now, he would be top 5. For fuck's sake, ESPN has Minkah Fitzpatrick in their rankings. Doesn't take much to realize it's not realistic. We both know he'd be in New York as the nation's leader in TD passes with a top 5 QBR and only 1 INT playing for the #6 team in the nation.

I don't think he'd be in NYC at this point, because he played like dog shit against the only good team he played. Plus there is a clear top 3, they wouldn't be taking 5 anyway, and more times than not they don't invite 5 people. But again, I'm the hater. lol.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not taking anything away from Kevin Wilson, but OSU would have blown out every team they played (other than Oklahoma) if Brian Wilson was their OC.

They have played some of the worst defenses in CFB and the only decent defense they played, OSU looked horrendous.

I’d think even the most die hard fans of OSU can recognize this and realize why people would make comments. It is like the UM fans calling O’Korn a real QB because he threw for almost 300 yards on Purdue. Most teams in CFB are simple overmatched. It is what you do against the other talented programs that wins you a Heisman. (Unless you have a year where there is no clear cut leader)
I don't agree with that. They've played a pretty average slate of defenses. 4 of their 7 opponents rank inside the top half of the defensive efficiency rankings. Barrett hasn't looked this good since 2014. Again - 21 TDs (leads the nation) and 1 INT. That is absolutely amazing. The only other QB who is close to that sort of statline is Baker Mayfield.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he'd be in NYC at this point, because he played like dog shit against the only good team he played. Plus there is a clear top 3, they wouldn't be taking 5 anyway, and more times than not they don't invite 5 people. But again, I'm the hater. lol.
They've often times invited 5 people... If you want to get off on a technicality in this conversation that's up to you. He would be top 5, and if they invited 5 people, he'd be in NYC.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've often times invited 5 people... If you want to get off on a technicality in this conversation that's up to you. He would be top 5, and if they invited 5 people, he'd be in NYC.

There isn't one single media outlet that agrees with you, but sure.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with that. They've played a pretty average slate of defenses. 4 of their 7 opponents rank inside the top half of the defensive efficiency rankings. Barrett hasn't looked this good since 2014. Again - 21 TDs (leads the nation) and 1 INT. That is absolutely amazing. The only other QB who is close to that sort of statline is Baker Mayfield.

How fast OSU fans change their tune. From the scape goat to Heisman contender. I’m guessing you are expecting to see the defensive all American team littered with Michigan players, since they have the #1 defense.

Wait til he does something against a team with a pulse defensively. So far, he has 0 tds and 1 INT against those type of teams this year.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How fast OSU fans change their tune. From the scape goat to Heisman contender. I’m guessing you are expecting to see the defensive all American team littered with Michigan players, since they have the #1 defense.

Wait til he does something against a team with a pulse defensively. So far, he has 0 tds and 1 INT against those type of teams this year.
Indiana rates ahead of Oklahoma defensively. FYI.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The retards came out. Looks like tOSU must have beaten another MAC team today.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indiana rates ahead of Oklahoma defensively. FYI.

Ok. The guy every OSU fan was calling to be benched and how he was the third best QB on the team is now a Heisman candidate after playing Army, UNLV, Rutgers and Nebraska.

I’m all for cheering on the players on my teams, but you are going overboard with this one. Great career for Barrett — but under the lights on national TV against the only ranked opponent OSU has faced, he was terrible.

Wait til OSU faces another team with a pulse before saying he is in any conversation for post season awards.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. The guy every OSU fan was calling to be benched and how he was the third best QB on the team is now a Heisman candidate after playing Army, UNLV, Rutgers and Nebraska.

I’m all for cheering on the players on my teams, but you are going overboard with this one. Great career for Barrett — but under the lights on national TV against the only ranked opponent OSU has faced, he was terrible.

Wait til OSU faces another team with a pulse before saying he is in any conversation for post season awards.
No I'm really not. Again, 22 TD/1 INT, top 5 in QBR, also adding 5 TDs on the ground. Ever since Oklahoma, he's been amazing. Regardless of who he has been playing, putting together the numbers he has put together is extremely impressive.