• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Westworld

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long is it going to take before Season 2 begins?

Went to IMDB and it lists it as 2018.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long is it going to take ,before Season 2 begins?

Went to IMDB and it lists it as 2018.

That's what I've been hearing. We're in for a 2 year wait. I have to figure they weren't sure if they would get a 2nd season until they saw how successful the first one was. Assuming it will be in the fall again, that means that HBO will have wrapped up Game Of Thrones before we get another episode of Westworld.

Season 1 was definitely written in such a way that that could have been the entire story, but wouldn't necessarily need to be. Sure there were a few minor loose ends (Elsie, Logan, Maeve's "daughter") but far be it for anything JJ Abrams related to leave a few questions unanswered, right? Just enough to work with in Season 2 besides the main premise of the host revolution. I'm still somewhat skeptical that I'll enjoy future seasons anywhere near as much as I did the first. I feel like the best part of this story has already been told.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I've been hearing. We're in for a 2 year wait. I have to figure they weren't sure if they would get a 2nd season until they saw how successful the first one was. Assuming it will be in the fall again, that means that HBO will have wrapped up Game Of Thrones before we get another episode of Westworld.

Season 1 was definitely written in such a way that that could have been the entire story, but wouldn't necessarily need to be. Sure there were a few minor loose ends (Elsie, Logan, Maeve's "daughter") but far be it for anything JJ Abrams related to leave a few questions unanswered, right? Just enough to work with in Season 2 besides the main premise of the host revolution. I'm still somewhat skeptical that I'll enjoy future seasons anywhere near as much as I did the first. I feel like the best part of this story has already been told.

I don't know they could possibly wonder if it would be successful. A-list actors, directors, writer and CGI. I mean, Hopkins, Harris, Abrams, Crichton....the amount of money committed...just seems silly.

I knew the show would be great from the first teaser.

I will admit tho, I am very intrigued as to how they can possibly match/surpass season one.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really not sure they need to do a season 2. I mean, they will due to money being a thing. But I'd be perfectly satisfied with that ending. Not even sure what they do from this point on.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will admit tho, I am very intrigued as to how they can possibly match/surpass season one.

I'm really not sure they need to do a season 2. I mean, they will due to money being a thing. But I'd be perfectly satisfied with that ending. Not even sure what they do from this point on.

Actress Evan Rachel Wood states that the Westworld story has not even started yet! She says that Season One was just a setup/backstory for the real story.

Evan Rachel Wood Says Westworld Hasn’t Even Started

Wow.

That sorta reminds me of the original 1977 Stars Wars movie. That film was completely self-contained... George Lucas did not really need to make any more Star Wars films. The only thing left dangling in the first Star Wars film was Darth Vader's fate when his fighter went spinning out of control as a result of Han Solo coming to the rescue of Luke.

Last edited:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actress Evan Rachel Wood states that the Westworld story has not even started yet! She says that Season One was just a setup/backstory for the real story.

Wow.

That sorta reminds me of the original 1977 Stars Wars movie. That film was completely self-contained... George Lucas did not really need to make any more Star Wars films. The only thing left dangling in the first Star Wars film was Darth Vader's fate when his fighter went spinning out of control as a result of Han Solo coming to the rescue of Luke.

I wonder if they'll ever expand to Futureworld?

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow.

I read that as well. She referred to the first season as a "prequel". If anything, that actually makes me less hopeful that future seasons will appeal to the audience the same way the first season did. I'll still watch and expect to be entertained but I can see it being a different type of entertainment.

A couple of things I'm hoping to see in Season 2 or beyond would be the return of Logan in older man form. He probably won't be recognized as such right away and perhaps it could be revealed later in a cool way. Also hoping that Maeve's "daughter" is in Samurai World, or one of the other world's. I'd like to see a little bit of a crossover between the parks without overdoing it. It's still mostly about Westworld.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much agree that they could leave it as a stand alone story and be satisfied (ala Star Wars - A New Hope). While subsequent seasons could be entertaining, I'm not sure it will be as good as this first season. New story lines and drawn out plots would be interesting, but difficult to get the same following as the mystery and reveal as the first season. I'm sure HBO will be able to put together another season or two, but I'd imagine the viewership will start to decrease and additional episodes/seasons would be for a money grab. I don't see a Star Wars V - Empire Strikes Back as a second installment to increase viewership.

Who am I kidding, I'll still probably watch it as long as I have HBO for Game of Thrones before I decide to get rid of HBO.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit. I hope he is OK. He is a guy on the rise. I really liked him in Fargo and Longmire.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He tweeted on the 16th that he is doing fine and that he will be filming season 2 of The Son shortly. He didn’t mention Westworld.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We switched to DirecTV and got premiums free for 3 months and DVD'ed the whole first season. I enjoyed the show quite a bit and must say....Thandie Newton had no problem at all being nekkid, which of course, is not a problem with me.