• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Westworld

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next-level question...

Will the moving-forward-Ford by guest-Ford or host-Ford? Maybe Ford was able to create his own personality into a host, and sacrificed himself for "immortality".

Well, my initial thought was that it was the host Ford that got blasted and that human Ford will live on. (Okay, that's a lie, my initial thought was FUCK).

As I said though, I personally wouldn't like Ford living on as a evil leader or something. I like him sacrificing himself for the host uprising and maze completion. If he comes back I'd like him to be an equal, and maybe he will be, just watching everything unfold.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Will the moving-forward-Ford by guest-Ford or host-Ford? Maybe Ford was able to create his own personality into a host, and sacrificed himself for "immortality".

holy shit

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy shit

It is interesting since you can't forget about the scene where Ford asks Dolores when her last contact with Arnold was. If he really thought Arnold was dead then why would he ask? Then afterwards Dolores talks to herself and says that she didn't tell Ford anything.

1 more twist is yet to come.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to love the show but it's coming up just a little bit short.

I just got this feeling that they needed to end season 1 just before the full blown human vs robot war started.
And in doing so they ended up putting in a lot of filler to get season 1 to end at a set mark.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just got this feeling that they needed to end season 1 just before the full blown human vs robot war started.
And in doing so they ended up putting in a lot of filler to get season 1 to end at a set mark.

Damn...everybody's certainly entitled to their opinion.

I think it may be the best season of TV I've ever watched. I think it's better than most MOVIES I've seen in some time, even.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just binged through the 10 episodes. I really enjoyed it. Definitely going to have to re-watch them at some point.

My only concern is that I'm not sure how future seasons are going to be nearly as good. The dynamics of the park have completely changed now. I'm not sure how much psychological intrigue it has left. I think they know that most of their audience isn't really watching for the action, so hopefully they have more in store besides a typical "man vs. machine" story. I'm thinking Logan must still be alive somewhere and could be a bit of a wild card. If so, that could be interesting.

Anyone know how far in the future this is supposed to be set? The player piano played some interesting versions of some 20th century rock tunes (Black Hole Sun, No Surprises, The House of the Rising Sun). I wonder if the idea is that it's set far enough into the future that someone might mistake these 20th century songs for 19 century ones that might have been heard on a player piano, similar to how Star Trek referred to the Beastie Boys as "classical music". Seems unlikely with all the research that must have gone into the park but I wonder what the meaning is (if any) for that song selection. Maybe there's some obvious symbolism there that I'm missing.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just binged through the 10 episodes. I really enjoyed it. Definitely going to have to re-watch them at some point.

My only concern is that I'm not sure how future seasons are going to be nearly as good. The dynamics of the park have completely changed now. I'm not sure how much psychological intrigue it has left. I think they know that most of their audience isn't really watching for the action, so hopefully they have more in store besides a typical "man vs. machine" story. I'm thinking Logan must still be alive somewhere and could be a bit of a wild card. If so, that could be interesting.

Anyone know how far in the future this is supposed to be set? The player piano played some interesting versions of some 20th century rock tunes (Black Hole Sun, No Surprises, The House of the Rising Sun). I wonder if the idea is that it's set far enough into the future that someone might mistake these 20th century songs for 19 century ones that might have been heard on a player piano, similar to how Star Trek referred to the Beastie Boys as "classical music". Seems unlikely with all the research that must have gone into the park but I wonder what the meaning is (if any) for that song selection. Maybe there's some obvious symbolism there that I'm missing.
http://www.vulture.com/2016/10/westworld-modern-songs.html

I love the idea. It's the old west with robots. Old and new. Old player piano, with contemporary songs.

Here's a few they've played...

Animals - House of the Rising Sun
Amy Whinehouse - Back to Black
Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees, Motion Picture Soundtrack and No Surprises
NIN - Something I Can Never Have
The Cure - A Forest
Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
The Rolling Stones - Paint it Black
Johnny Cash - Ain't No Grave

Definitely gives it a surreal feel.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why You’ll Hear Modern Songs Playing on Westworld

I love the idea. It's the old west with robots. Old and new. Old player piano, with contemporary songs.

Here's a few they've played...

Animals - House of the Rising Sun
Amy Whinehouse - Back to Black
Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees, Motion Picture Soundtrack and No Surprises
NIN - Something I Can Never Have
The Cure - A Forest
Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
The Rolling Stones - Paint it Black
Johnny Cash - Ain't No Grave

Definitely gives it a surreal feel.

I knew there had to be others that I wasn't recognizing. Black Hole Sun was on of the first ones and I recognized that right away, so every time the piano came on after that I'd listen to see if I'd recognize it. I recognized Paint It Black too (probably one of the more obvious ones), but if I remember correctly that was part of the score during a shootout and not the player piano. Might need to re-watch to confirm. It was cool either way!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew there had to be others that I wasn't recognizing. Black Hole Sun was on of the first ones and I recognized that right away, so every time the piano came on after that I'd listen to see if I'd recognize it. I recognized Paint It Black too (probably one of the more obvious ones), but if I remember correctly that was part of the score during a shootout and not the player piano. Might need to re-watch to confirm. It was cool either way!

I think so. I think the NIN song was during Mauve's fiery sex scene too, if I'm not mistaken.

I am definitely going to go back and binge-watch the season.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so. I think the NIN song was during Mauve's fiery sex scene too, if I'm not mistaken.

I am definitely going to go back and binge-watch the season.

You pretty much have to re-watch season 1. You're bound to pick up on lots of stuff that you missed the first time. I've said that about other shows like Game of Thrones or LOST, but I don't think it's ever been more true for any show more so than this one.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thinking is that the host being created in the Bernard reveal (the host reveal, where Teresa was killed), underneath the secret house Ford has could be the host-Ford, if they decide to go that route.

I seem to remember that host being built with boobs lol ... at that time, (and still even though we havent seen "her" again) i thought he was creating a Teresa host right before she was about to get it :noidea:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is Hopkins signed on for season 2 ?

As I watched it I thought, the "suicide" was partly because he was losing control of the park to the board AND ALSO partly losing control of the park to the hosts, who he realized had achieved consciousness (at least some of them)

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As I watched it I thought, the "suicide" was partly because he was losing control of the park to the board AND ALSO partly losing control of the park to the hosts, who he realized had achieved consciousness (at least some of them)

It was never revealed who gave Maeve permission to wake herself up out of sleep mode. It really could have been a plot laid by Arnold years before.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I took it as Ford realizing Arnold was right the whole time, and allowed the hosts to finally gain consciousness for good. Remember in the episode, and throughout the season, he discussed the many times he's reset the hosts when they reach the consciousness loop because they weren't ready for it. This time, Ford let it happen because they were ready, and sacrificed himself in the process.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to remember that host being built with boobs lol ... at that time, (and still even though we havent seen "her" again) i thought he was creating a Teresa host right before she was about to get it :noidea:

Haha, I don't remember, I'll have to go back and watch. That was my thought at the time too, but they basically cleared that up by showing humans her dead body, so if she came back people would know.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The actress who plays Dolores basically said we ain't seen nothing yet, that this was just a season of setup, and the real show is going to begin in season 2.

kap1959

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dolores.png
teddy.png
william.png
maeve.png

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In some interview Ed Harris said he was going to be in season 2. I'm glad but surprised.

I took it as Ford realizing Arnold was right the whole time, and allowed the hosts to finally gain consciousness for good. Remember in the episode, and throughout the season, he discussed the many times he's reset the hosts when they reach the consciousness loop because they weren't ready for it. This time, Ford let it happen because they were ready, and sacrificed himself in the process.

That's how I took it. Plus the shock of his death would push Bernard toward consciousness.

Also, everyone did see the post credits scene right? I missed it but still had it on the DVR when a friend told me about it.