• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Westworld

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Black Delores and Delores Prime figure out how to make new baby hosts on the move, they're kinda fucked.

In the scene near the end, they had a 'printing' machine set up. Print away...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the scene near the end, they had a 'printing' machine set up. Print away...
And they can still build “simple” hosts with very limited sentience. Dolores, Bernard, Maeve and Ghost are aberrations. Ghost is the truest aberration of them all, though, as he was a simple host who discover sentience without outside (host or guest) interference. Stubbs appears to be somewhat sentient, but likely in a Bernard-lite mold. I don’t think he is the same level as D, B, M or G.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really not sure they need to do a season 2. I mean, they will due to money being a thing. But I'd be perfectly satisfied with that ending. Not even sure what they do from this point on.

Having now finished season 2 I'm gonna double down on this.

Nothing screams bad about this season, but it was just not even close to the same level as season 1. Better story if you leave it be IMO. It's going to get really silly moving forward (already getting there really). Can't blame HBO for wanting to rake in some dough though.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. Especially considering the shadows of the last nude scene.

That and the two machine ladies are just ridiculously over the top.

As is the Brown eyed Shelly Duvall machine lady Clementine. Honestly, this show took a turn for the worse in Japan imo. Fuckin all over the place. And if you're rooting for robots to live, you might have issues. They're robots.

(They weren't people, they cones!)

Oh yeah, we get that goofy-ass twist and still don't even get to see the black chick's jugs. Lame.

And yeah, at this point I am spending most episodes just wanting the main host characters all dead. It's not as bad as watching the latest Planet of the Apes reboots and praying the apes all get violently murdered, but it's up there.

The human characters and Bernard are interesting on this show. The robots.....meh, especially this season.

But since we're on the topic and someone mentioned Blade Runner, 2049 was awesome. Good shit.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, we get that goofy-ass twist and still don't even get to see the black chick's jugs. Lame.

And yeah, at this point I am spending most episodes just wanting the main host characters all dead. It's not as bad as watching the latest Planet of the Apes reboots and praying the apes all get violently murdered, but it's up there.

The human characters and Bernard are interesting on this show. The robots.....meh, especially this season.

But since we're on the topic and someone mentioned Blade Runner, 2049 was awesome. Good shit.
That one stung a little.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having now finished season 2 I'm gonna double down on this.

Nothing screams bad about this season, but it was just not even close to the same level as season 1. Better story if you leave it be IMO. It's going to get really silly moving forward (already getting there really). Can't blame HBO for wanting to rake in some dough though.

You're going to feel pretty fucking stupid when Bob Saget gets cast in season 3.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're going to feel pretty fucking stupid when Bob Saget gets cast in season 3.
Ive heard rumors that he will be cast as Maeve’s daughter’s older boyfriend.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Arnold created Dolores.

-Ford created Bernard with the help of Dolores. Basically, Bernard is a replica of Dolores' version of Arnold. Hence, she was doing the fidelity testing. Ford created Bernard because Ford's human staff were not up to the task of programming emotions in hosts as effectively as Ford and Arnold.

-James Delos was created for James Delos by a secret group within the park, at the behest of a board member & major shareholder of Delos Inc(William), as part of a larger project that perverted Ford's original version.

-Maeve was created by Ford who was "awakened" by Ford's "reverie" program.

William is dead. He died before entering the elevator. When we see his replica appear in the elevator heading towards the fidelity test with his daughter's replica, that is in the far-far-future. Everything before his death & entering the elevator, was real. But in the future, that is his replica's loop that he remembers as real before the fidelity test.

Maeve is dead. But Halores likely escaped with her CPU or whatever it is called. So, we will likely see Maeve again at some point. Maybe in Hales or someone else's body. Not counting Bernard, I believe Halores escaped four other CPU brains. No telling who the four are.

Stubbs is a host who's loop only includes the park. He has not awakened. And since Maeve is likely no longer in the park, I doubt he will play a larger role.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bring on the wit.

I still think they coulda wrapped it up in 2 seasons. I enjoyed this one but seems once they get to real world the series is going to change big time. Not so much WW anymore.

But

Who knows for sure?

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed this one but seems once they get to real world the series is going to change big time. Not so much WW anymore.

XoxV8IK.gif

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring on the wit.

I still think they coulda wrapped it up in 2 seasons. I enjoyed this one but seems once they get to real world the series is going to change big time. Not so much WW anymore.

But

Who knows for sure?

Of course, goes without saying. But I keep beating this drum... why don't you let their past track record buy them some rope? Why assume a show you enjoy is going to go downhill?

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, goes without saying. But I keep beating this drum... why don't you let their past track record buy them some rope? Why assume a show you enjoy is going to go downhill?

They got rope as I will watch but still think that drawing out the story line can do a show injustice.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got rope as I will watch but still think that drawing out the story line can do a show injustice.

Of course. But why would a great show run off a cliff after 2 seasons?

Do shows run out of steam and lose their way after five or six seasons? Absolutely. Hundreds of examples.

Let me suggest that shows that run off the rails after two seasons weren't very good to begin with. Or else they wrote themselves into a corner with their whole premise. (Prison Break)

Westworld doesn't HAVE to limit themselves to just outside the 'park,' in season 3 and beyond. Incredibly simple to have Bernard or Delores v1 or v2 head back into the park to do x/y/or z. (steal more marbles, sabotage the software etc etc etc...)

So we can end up with Rome-world or Medieval-world or Sex-world or .....

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do shows run out of steam and lose their way after five or six seasons? Absolutely. Hundreds of examples.

Let me suggest that shows that run off the rails after two seasons weren't very good to begin with. Or else they wrote themselves into a corner with their whole premise. (Prison Break)

Westworld doesn't HAVE to limit themselves to just outside the 'park,' in season 3 and beyond. Incredibly simple to have Bernard or Delores v1 or v2 head back into the park to do x/y/or z. (steal more marbles, sabotage the software etc etc etc...)

So we can end up with Rome-world or Medieval-world or Sex-world or .....

I just don't want them to jump the shark and ruin a great show. That is all.

FWIW I thought the Samurai episode was wicked awesome and brought to light some things about the Samurai I just did not know.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you even watch the finale? Dozens (hundreds?) of hosts literally ran off a cliff...

Just sayin’

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't want them to jump the shark and ruin a great show. That is all.

FWIW I thought the Samurai episode was wicked awesome and brought to light some things about the Samurai I just did not know.

So let's hope for some Samurai goodness moving forward. I think that's more LIKELY than disaster. But that's just me.