• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Westworld

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good episode for Father's Day.

HBO seems to like doing that on Father's Day. I remember the Season 4 finale of Game of Thrones was on Father's Day. That was the episode when
Tyrion killed Tywin. I believe Shireen being burned alive while her father watched might have been on Fatherès Day as well.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HBO seems to like doing that on Father's Day. I remember the Season 4 finale of Game of Thrones was on Father's Day. That was the episode when
Tyrion killed Tywin. I believe Shireen being burned alive while her father watched might have been on Fatherès Day as well.

The actress has matured quite a bit since her Princess Shireen days on GoT:

maxresdefault.jpg

KERRY%2BINGRAM%2B%25281%2529.jpg

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She got the scales fixed

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season two is better than season one. Mainly because from the beginning of the second season, you already know that you are watching different timelines. Present, near-past, & far-past. It makes it easier to pick up on nuances of the characters & story lines. In the first season, it took more than few episode before it became clear we were viewing multiple timelines.

I think the reason you don't have much discussion about Westworld during the season is that a lot of people wait till the end of the season to binge watch it. That's what I did this weekend leading up to the finale. I do the same with GoT.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ford created Dolores.

Dolores (upon Ford’s request/command) created Bernard.

William TRIED to create Davos, but apparently failed (unaware of his “success”).

Davos, upon sentience (malfunction?), created Maeve?

S3, I think will show William’s new journey, Maeve trying to get to the “new” world, Dolores and Bernard fighting for the “real” world, and how the apocalypse comes. Will Thor’s brother help Maeve, or will he step out of the park and help Dolores? Will he try to stop Maeve or Dolores? Either way, you have to figure him for a bigger role in S3.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ford created Dolores.

William TRIED to create Davos, but apparently failed (unaware of his “success”).

S3, I think will show William’s new journey, Maeve trying to get to the “new” world, Dolores and Bernard fighting for the “real” world, and how the apocalypse comes. Will Thor’s brother help Maeve, or will he step out of the park and help Dolores? Will he try to stop Maeve or Dolores? Either way, you have to figure him for a bigger role in S3.

i like the Professor X Vs Magneto vibe that season 3 could have....

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ford created Dolores.

-Arnold created Dolores.

-Ford created Bernard with the help of Dolores. Basically, Bernard is a replica of Dolores' version of Arnold. Hence, she was doing the fidelity testing. Ford created Bernard because Ford's human staff were not up to the task of programming emotions in hosts as effectively as Ford and Arnold.

-James Delos was created for James Delos by a secret group within the park, at the behest of a board member & major shareholder of Delos Inc(William), as part of a larger project that perverted Ford's original version.

-Maeve was created by Ford who was "awakened" by Ford's "reverie" program.

William is dead. He died before entering the elevator. When we see his replica appear in the elevator heading towards the fidelity test with his daughter's replica, that is in the far-far-future. Everything before his death & entering the elevator, was real. But in the future, that is his replica's loop that he remembers as real before the fidelity test.

Maeve is dead. But Halores likely escaped with her CPU or whatever it is called. So, we will likely see Maeve again at some point. Maybe in Hales or someone else's body. Not counting Bernard, I believe Halores escaped four other CPU brains. No telling who the four are.

Stubbs is a host who's loop only includes the park. He has not awakened. And since Maeve is likely no longer in the park, I doubt he will play a larger role.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Arnold created Dolores.

-Ford created Bernard with the help of Dolores. Basically, Bernard is a replica of Dolores' version of Arnold. Hence, she was doing the fidelity testing. Ford created Bernard because Ford's human staff were not up to the task of programming emotions in hosts as effectively as Ford and Arnold.

-James Delos was created for James Delos by a secret group within the park, at the behest of a board member & major shareholder of Delos Inc(William), as part of a larger project that perverted Ford's original version.

-Maeve was created by Ford who was "awakened" by Ford's "reverie" program.

William is dead. He died before entering the elevator. When we see his replica appear in the elevator heading towards the fidelity test with his daughter's replica, that is in the far-far-future. Everything before his death & entering the elevator, was real. But in the future, that is his replica's loop that he remembers as real before the fidelity test.

Maeve is dead. But Halores likely escaped with her CPU or whatever it is called. So, we will likely see Maeve again at some point. Maybe in Hales or someone else's body. Not counting Bernard, I believe Halores escaped four other CPU brains. No telling who the four are.

Stubbs is a host who's loop only includes the park. He has not awakened. And since Maeve is likely no longer in the park, I doubt he will play a larger role.
I think Maeve’s body still has her CPU. When would Halores (good one) have been able to get that? The two surviving human programmers will bring her back. They were told scrap the garbage, but salvage what they could. That was heavy foreshadowing.

I think I counted 5 CPUs in Halores’ bag. So who are they? Bernard is a no-brainer. Maybe the other 4 (???) were unintroduced hosts? All the previously known/awakened hosts either died at the gate or went through. Who did she have access to at the forge? If the scene at the end where she activated a Bernard is to be taken physically literally, than Dolores separates from Hale early in the “real” world arc. But who is now in the Hale-vessel?

Why don’t you think Stubbs was awakened? He told Halores that he knows he is a host. That is about as “awake” as it gets. But he also has the added ability to still know exactly who is a guest and who is a host. Do the other hosts have that ability? (Bernard was always treated as a guest during his travels through the park, wasn’t he?)

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every series has to draw out the over all story line of the movie.
You have the overall plot and then the individual stories or mini plots inside the main plot to insure it's episode
is interesting on it's own.

A series can still be very good if only one of those 2 are great.

Westworld (a show I was so into the first couple of episodes) is a failure at both.

The entire 2 season was a group of episodes with no discernible difference from one to another.
And they did this while making the over all plot so convoluted that you did not even care where the overall plot was going.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Westworld co-creator and showrunner Lisa Joy, the after credit scene with William takes place in the far, far future:

'Westworld' Creator on Season 3: "It's Going to be a Whole New World"
However they want to spin it.

He had his scarf wrapped around his nub. Far far future, same time half the shit from last episode, whatever makes them sleep at night. So long as the entire story isn't centered on three female non human leads.

Was Maeve's final scene actually bonus footage from Solo? She used tForce.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However they want to spin it.

He had his scarf wrapped around his nub. Far far future, same time half the shit from last episode, whatever makes them sleep at night. So long as the entire story isn't centered on three female non human leads.

Was Maeve's final scene actually bonus footage from Solo? She used tForce.

Heh. TOO MANY WIMMENZ!!!!

MORE SAUSAGES!!!!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. TOO MANY WIMMENZ!!!!

MORE SAUSAGES!!!!
Of course. Especially considering the shadows of the last nude scene.

That and the two machine ladies are just ridiculously over the top.

As is the Brown eyed Shelly Duvall machine lady Clementine. Honestly, this show took a turn for the worse in Japan imo. Fuckin all over the place. And if you're rooting for robots to live, you might have issues. They're robots.

(They weren't people, they cones!)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called science FICTION for a reason.
Well, science fiction is one thing. Robots as protagonists versus people is another.

I get it, we shouldn't try and play God. But I really enjoyed the self discovery/drives/free will aspect. Fromthe human point of view.

Was hoping Floki would mow down some hosts. Atleast the little handheld scar machine showed up again. Those just convienantly weren't around for about 5 episodes.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, science fiction is one thing. Robots as protagonists versus people is another.

There's a loooooong history of that in sci-fi. Wtf is the Terminator franchise? There's 'good' Terminator (pro-people), vs 'bad' Terminator (anti-people). That's fucking EXACTLY what they just set up for season 3. I could list about 20 other examples from Blade Runner to Fred Saberhagen's 'Berserker' novels and short stories.

I get it, we shouldn't try and play God. But I really enjoyed the self discovery/drives/free will aspect. Fromthe human point of view.

How much you want to bet pro human side wins? I'd put a thousand on it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much you want to bet pro human side wins? I'd put a thousand on it.

Unless Black Delores and Delores Prime figure out how to make new baby hosts on the move, they're kinda fucked.

It's not an underdog story I'm rooting for.