• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Westbrook re-signs with the Thunder...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also it is not the same as Lebron going to the Celtics. That comparison is awful.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lil Kobe made a bad "in the heat of the moment" decision here. I understand that he wanted to be the one to show loyalty(or whatever) after the KD move, but at the end of the day, you gotta go through your options at the end of the season, and THEN sign with OKC if that's still where his heart is. Good for for OKC fans however...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lil Kobe made a bad "in the heat of the moment" decision here. I understand that he wanted to be the one to show loyalty(or whatever) after the KD move, but at the end of the day, you gotta go through your options at the end of the season, and THEN sign with OKC if that's still where his heart is. Good for for OKC fans however...

Yep very stupid move. Especially when you never been a FA before. Not a wise move at all

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is still plenty young and he only has 2 years where he is absolutely locked in- they gave him the opt out after 10 years of service time so he could take advatange of the big raise when it comes- but if the scene isnt looking good 2 years from now he can re-evauluate. I just think it was the right thing to do at this point for him and i think it shows what kind of person he is. NO ONE would have criticized him for jumping ship after the cowardly durant could go jump on the jock of the guys that beat him---- and OKC, the franchise and fans would have been devastated and hollowed out.

At least this way RW can show loyalty and let the franchise figure some things out. I honestly thought OKC was probably the most talented team last year- def not the most mentally tough when the guy who is "supposed" to be the best player on the team craps down his leg, --- but the most talented....

now RW can be a hero to the franchise, they can figure things out, he can get paid while showing some loyalty and if in 2 seasons Sam Presti has not worked his magic (and he is a great GM), then i would think RW would take a look at whats going on.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CROSS another one of the FA lists for next summer...

as Mark Cuban so thoroughly knows- banking on the free agent game- is a very tenuous and risky proposition...that A. you get the guy you want, and B. that he is the right fit and stays healthy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the wake of Durant’s departure, Westbrook new deal could be instrumental in recruiting another elite free agent to the Thunder’s talented core next summer. Oklahoma native Blake Griffin of the Los Angeles Clippers will be a serious target for the Thunder, league sources told The Vertical.

Griffin would be a very nice fit at PF for that team. Could be interesting.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lil kobe is ki dude....thats kobes protege...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Durant soft? You just hate the guy because he went to Warriors. Durant is better than Westbrook. There is no debating that. Always has been and always will be

KD is the better player without a doubt. But there has been questions about his leadership skills, he doesn't need to be the leader for the Warrriors so that's probably good for him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lil Kobe lol...nah

It looks like he loves OKC and the fans. Good for him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD is the better player without a doubt. But there has been questions about his leadership skills, he doesn't need to be the leader for the Warrriors so that's probably good for him.
he has more talent- hes just been neutered.....from game of thrones i think the term is "eunuch"
..hes just not an alpha...

RW? no one would ever question that about him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not saying he is a great leader but compared to Westbrook leadership skills, I'll take KD. I'm sorry but your leader can't be throwing temper tantrums nightly as Russ does. You need to be strong for your teammates

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is still plenty young and he only has 2 years where he is absolutely locked in- they gave him the opt out after 10 years of service time so he could take advatange of the big raise when it comes- but if the scene isnt looking good 2 years from now he can re-evauluate. I just think it was the right thing to do at this point for him and i think it shows what kind of person he is. NO ONE would have criticized him for jumping ship after the cowardly durant could go jump on the jock of the guys that beat him---- and OKC, the franchise and fans would have been devastated and hollowed out.

At least this way RW can show loyalty and let the franchise figure some things out. I honestly thought OKC was probably the most talented team last year- def not the most mentally tough when the guy who is "supposed" to be the best player on the team craps down his leg, --- but the most talented....

now RW can be a hero to the franchise, they can figure things out, he can get paid while showing some loyalty and if in 2 seasons Sam Presti has not worked his magic (and he is a great GM), then i would think RW would take a look at whats going on.
But why wait out 3 years, when you can test your options now, sign a 1 and 1, and survey the situation from year to year? I don't know, I think it was mostly loyalty, but partly the fact that he just wanted to do something/anything to counteract what KD did. He was going to be just as much a conquering hero if he waited for the summer to do so.
As for KD, I wish he'd have stayed in OKC, but it is what is at this point. As for last year, OKC was most certainly the most talented team, and I now that what we all remember was KD/Russ falling apart in that game 6, but before that I had to hand it to KD. Dude was playing on an entirely different level then I've EVER seen him play on. He terrorized SA, and then GS for 6 games(he only really fell apart in game 6 imo), while becoming one of the best rim protectors in the league. Looking at what he'll do in GS is just plain unfair, and he's personally my pick to win the MVP next year

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,766.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked he signed an extension. However, he may average 35ppg, 8apg, and 6rpg next season. My early pick for the MVP candidate.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying he is a great leader but compared to Westbrook leadership skills, I'll take KD. I'm sorry but your leader can't be throwing temper tantrums nightly as Russ does. You need to be strong for your teammates

Yeah, I guess we will see if Westbrook can be a leader. I think he has the leadership somewhere in himself, he really just didn't need to be the leader because of KD.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,766.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like what OKC did trading Iblocka. Keeping RW was key.....think they're a 5-6 seed in the WC.

But, RW gives them that superstar that can go off and give them the a chance to beat any team in the league in a playoff series.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Huge news for OKC and their fans!

This decision drastically changes what happens to that franchise over the next few years.

Not just because of Westbrook brings to on the court... but now signing and trading for impact players is going to be possible.

If Westbrook walked next season... I think the Thunder would've found themselves in the basement of the league for awhile.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lil kobe is ki dude....thats kobes protege...
Ki?
Lil Kobe lol...nah

It looks like he loves OKC and the fans. Good for him.
Heh, I'm telling y'all, no one reminds me of young Kobe more so than Russell. Temperamental, fiery competitive, aggressive shooter, good post game, underrated passer, good defender, not pc in any way, and the only person that can stop him is himself

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting considering the reports were Horford didn't go to OKC because RWB wouldn't commit there long term.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Durant vs Westbrook argument is a close one.

A couple years ago I would've laughed at the question and answered Durant without skipping a beat. Now its not so simple, imo.

If I had to plug a player into an already great team (like the Warriors)... I would take Durant everytime.

If I was starting a team with nothing.... I would take Westbrook everytime.

I know they had some tough obstacles during their time (Heat, Spurs, Warriors)... but it is amazing that 2 top-5 players were teammates for so long without winning a title.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting considering the reports were Horford didn't go to OKC because RWB wouldn't commit there long term.

That's what I was thinking. If he was gonna do it... would've been better to do it right away and maybe come away with a better off-season though.

You can't rush a decision like that, though, so if he hadn't decided... can't blame him.