• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go with a Wentz over Heinecke. The only QB in this draft that may start day one is Pickett…Howell may also be capable. Wentz can be the starter this season and go from there. Maybe we get lucky and he returns to MVP form. At worst, he would be a low cost option.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really believe, if pickett, coral, willis aren't rushed into play, they will be successful. None appear ready to go week 1. Remember when Mahommes was considered a reach in the 1st? Turned out pretty good
I agree that one or all could do well given the time. The question is will any of them get it? I have serious doubts about that very specific question, and because of that eliminate Pickett due to his lower ceiling.

BTW; I do remember some dismissing Mahomeboy, but I wasn't among them.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come up off some of that money you wanted to use to sign the entire DL to long term contracts, homey
That’s the future not now

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look but don't kick the tires. He'd probably get injured.
Nice^^^^^^^^
He was plenty available, he showed very little during that time.
I can understand your trepidation about relying on Brown given the season he had. But some slack should also be accorded to him due to last year's QBing. Every pass catcher was hampered last year by TH. Who suffered from multiple shortcomings to include lack of arm strength, bad timing, staring down WRs and forcing the ball to mainly to Terry Mac. The last 2 things mentioned really hurt Carter and Brown imo. If any WR from last year is given their walking papers My choice would be Humphries. Which is not to say he didn't suffer from any of the QB shortcomings from last year. But I can recall a couple instances where he dropped passes that he should've caught in what were some critical moments at the time, The first NYG game comes to mind as well as thre 2nd Philly game.

Full disclosure disclaimer. I might be predisposed to kinda hatin on Humprhies going all the way back to the Dago game. That's where he was penalized for blocking below the waist on Derwin James. Which in reality was just a look out block that did nothing to slow James down as he made the tackle on Brown for a 1 yd gain. Of course the play didn't count and the penalty on Humprhies is what led to the 4th dn play where RR opted to punt late in the game.

But the play was a little behind the LOS swing pass from TH to Brown and it was set up for a big gain n a possible TD. The only drawback on the play was Humphries shitty half-ass blocking attempt on James. I've been semi-hatin on Humphries ever since.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go with a Wentz over Heinecke. The only QB in this draft that may start day one is Pickett…Howell may also be capable. Wentz can be the starter this season and go from there. Maybe we get lucky and he returns to MVP form. At worst, he would be a low cost option.
That's nowhere near the at worst possibility with Wentz. That's a win actually with Wentz.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's nowhere near the at worst possibility with Wentz. That's a win actually with Wentz.
wentz kills your cap , sure we have 15 mil in cuts to make but losing ionman and settle kills the d/line especially if you are also saying we dont need payne . but a lot of guys like JD wont be retained and you have 6 picks that you must hit on to help make up for the loss of talent

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that one or all could do well given the time. The question is will any of them get it? I have serious doubts about that very specific question, and because of that eliminate Pickett due to his lower ceiling.

BTW; I do remember some dismissing Mahomeboy, but I wasn't among them.

I completely ignored percentages, just based on that reasoning, I'd have to rethink all 3 being successful.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely ignored percentages, just based on that reasoning, I'd have to rethink all 3 being successful.
"Successful" is a very big, very controversial topic on our board. For some steady stewardship appears to be enough, and I suppose that one in a million chance that they can win a SB with these types. The problem with this is that there's no consistency with regards to qualifying for the playoffs and getting in generally makes the team the underdog and likely one and done participant.

Others are tired of that same old thing and want players of a higher caliber. For these folks it seems that the SB is the target, getting there and winning it, then having that player and players in place ready to make another run at it year in and year out thereafter.

In both cases it boils down to a matter of expectations. The former... "being competitive" and hoping to do enough to qualify for the playoffs. The latter, being the lead dog that knows they will qualify for the same, expects home field advantages, and only worries about what happens after they clinch their annual bid.

In all of its history Washington has ONLY attempted to get such a lead dog twice. Snead and Griffin. They traded Snead and abused Griffin (he contributed) Every other move was for, less talented or used/recycled talent.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wentz kills your cap , sure we have 15 mil in cuts to make but losing ionman and settle kills the d/line especially if you are also saying we dont need payne . but a lot of guys like JD wont be retained and you have 6 picks that you must hit on to help make up for the loss of talent

That’s if you pay Wentz 15 million. The Colts are getting rid of him rather than pay him 15 million.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me repeat... If Wentz was a complete free agent, and offered to pay 15 million to the team to play here, covered all expenses associated with playing here himself, there's still no way that I would want him here, wasting another year in the careers of my current players.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s if you pay Wentz 15 million. The Colts are getting rid of him rather than pay him 15 million.
yeah but trading for him , which i was referring to , is substantially, eating up most of the current 30.4 mil the commies have have

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me neither , the contract is oppressive

Could it be a rework of the contract like the Rams did with Goff when they sent him to Detroit?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could it be a rework of the contract like the Rams did with Goff when they sent him to Detroit?
Fine!! Just as long as he is part of the package that Washington sends to Houston for Watson. Just like the Rams did.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me repeat... If Wentz was a complete free agent, and offered to pay 15 million to the team to play here, covered all expenses associated with playing here himself, there's still no way that I would want him here, wasting another year in the careers of my current players.

If he flopped in Indy, i pretty much have to agree

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s the future not nowsome
It might not be needed for all of em. Deron Payne has taken down all Skins related stuff on his intagram account. Least that's what I read in an article the other day. I did a search for it and didn't realize the story was as old as it was. Along with that was another gem. Deron Payne's dad was twitter bangin and facebook whoridin. That's funny n embarrassing.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he flopped in Indy, i pretty much have to agree
Mark Brunell

Brad Johnson

Jeff George

Jeff Hostetler

Mark Sanchez

Donavan McNabb

Alex Smith

Anybody tired of going this route or ya in the mood for one more named

Carson Wentz???

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ding ding ding ding! We have a winner! Someone that understands that wentz is just a continuation of the same only failed policies of a poorly run franchise. just say no………it’s ok.